Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 18 Rumors and Discussion

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I just noticed there are already 5 females: Cactus, Balloon girl, Elephant, Brick costume and Flower

So, the Unicorn has to be a guy. 

Unless, the brick costume is considered like an "extra character" and there will be 6 females in this series. 

Knights originate from medieval times and only males were knights so my guess is male.

Edited by J4ck

A line-up of reworked classic figures would've been much more interesting for this LEGO anniversary year.

I hope they'll have some Western figures in one of the next ones again, at least.

5 hours ago, J4ck said:

Knights originate from medieval times and only males were knights so my guess is male.

Well, LEGO has a female knight in Nexo Knights, an a unicorn-mascot knight costume is far from historically accurate. But I assumed it was male, too, because it fits with LEGO's traditional silliness and this way, we'd have a unicorn costume for both genders.

7 hours ago, 8BrickMario said:

Well, LEGO has a female knight in Nexo Knights, an a unicorn-mascot knight costume is far from historically accurate. But I assumed it was male, too, because it fits with LEGO's traditional silliness and this way, we'd have a unicorn costume for both genders.

I forgot about the other unicorn, having this one as male would be perfect as a counterpart, yeah makes sense!

18 hours ago, J4ck said:

I forgot about the other unicorn, having this one as male would be perfect as a counterpart, yeah makes sense!

Of course it would 

Is Lego ok with pictures being taken at the nuremburg toy fair and being distributed online? If so, will Lego showcase the April wave of CMF?

LEGO no longer shows their CMF series at Toy Fairs; they stopped after Series 5, I believe. Now, they just show a blank case with blank figure graphics and all we see is the series' color.

Edited by 8BrickMario

35 minutes ago, 8BrickMario said:

Huh. I must have missed that.

Here it is:

Image result for lego new york toy fair 2017 Minifigures

No. You didn't miss it:

On 18/2/2017 at 9:36 AM, 8BrickMario said:

Overall this series is a bit plain for me, but I love the Rocket Boy, Fairy Girl, Frenchman, Nineties Guy, and Eighties Girl. 

Absolute favorite is the Retro Spaceman. I had hoped for him with Series 16's astronaut, but at least he's here. The dingy colors really work for him, and the new helmet and ray gun are great.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

At the London Toy Fair, usually no pics. At the Nuremberg Toy Fair, some sets are usually pic prohibited.

1 hour ago, gedren_y said:

At the London Toy Fair, usually no pics. At the Nuremberg Toy Fair, some sets are usually pic prohibited.

Lego is missing either the London or Nuremberg toy fair this year 

3 hours ago, gedren_y said:

Pics and vids from the showroom will be prohibited as well at the Nuremberg Toy Fair.

I'm not crazy about this theme so far, but it sounds like the clown will have some cool parts. The green and purple transparent balloon animals sound like great accessories for The Joker. 

2 hours ago, Megaflora said:

I'm not crazy about this theme so far, but it sounds like the clown will have some cool parts. The green and purple transparent balloon animals sound like great accessories for The Joker. 

I think the balloon animals will be too detailed for lego standards. More playmobilish, but i hope they prove me wrong. 

8 hours ago, Megaflora said:

I think I'm most excited about the clown, and I was already pretty hyped about the brick suit guys!

More thoughts

Cat Costume: The guy from The Brick Show said he can't tell if it is a guy or a girl. Also, he says the characters looks Chima-ish. That makes me think the costume has a full mask, like Gorilla and Panda. I hope I'm wrong because the costumes with full masks look creepy to me, instead of funny/cute which is what it is supposed to be

Elephant Costume: I don't really think the torso will have the leotard printed. The animal costumes rarely have any printing other than the costume ifself. The only exceptions I can think of are the Gorilla suit who has a zipper in the back and the Tiger Woman who had a belt (but you can say Tiger Woman was actually a werecat instead of a costume). Also, they are introducing a new mouse mold right before the Harry Potter line returns. Yeah, that's not suspicious. Not suspicious at all..............

Balloon Artist Clown: I wonder if the balloons are 2 different molds or the same mold in different recolored

Cowboy Costume: I'm intrigued by this one a lot. I wonder how they molded the cowboy "legs" into the horse. That's a huge mold

That is the look they'll probably go for, likely with a hip connection piece. I think the torso will be a cartoonish vest/shirt combo with a large 'sheriff' star, like Woody in Toy Story. Maybe we'll se an oversized '10-gallon' hat.