Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 18 Rumors and Discussion

20 hours ago, gedren_y said:

I think the dragon costume might have a re-use of the lizard man costume headgear.

The post says the dragon has horns. So, that rules out the Lizard Man's mask

35 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

The post says the dragon has horns. So, that rules out the Lizard Man's mask

Wouldn't it be nice if there were holes for the horns? I'd like that.

I'm intrigued by the kid with the CMF printed tiles, 'cuz things are about to get meta. What happens in a few years when he gets around to collecting this wave with himself in it??? *huh*

Of course, these all sound like great fun. I can't wait to see pics!

Not excited at all for the upcoming series.  As a castle fan I will be looking for scraps mostly on bricklink

19 hours ago, BrickFit26 said:

Some of these sound amazing. I can't wait to see or hear more.

Same here ! 

Edited by 1Panda

On 7 January 2018 at 3:34 PM, PepperoniBricks said:

I'm intrigued by the kid with the CMF printed tiles, 'cuz things are about to get meta. What happens in a few years when he gets around to collecting this wave with himself in it??? *huh*

Of course, these all sound like great fun. I can't wait to see pics!

I love it when Lego goes meta!

My 2cents: this series is a big letdown. Really. But it could have been really worse.
I hope that the Unicorn Knight is not too cartoonish and can look "serious" and that the spider costume can look creepy.

For the rest, I think it will make me save a lot of money, hoping for a DEMENTOR in HP series.

my 3 cents. We haven't seen the series yet, so I'm not let down or disappointed as I don't know what the figures are actually like.

Oh I just noticed the Bear and the Racoon from the calendar are not in this series. So, we are they from?

2 minutes ago, williejm said:

my 3 cents. We haven't seen the series yet, so I'm not let down or disappointed as I don't know what the figures are actually like.

You don't actually need that. :wink:

36 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

You don't actually need that. :wink:

Yes I do. In my experience names and descriptions don't cut it when it comes to the figure in hand, and some parts or accessories can make all the difference. 

Edited by williejm

There are quite a few that I like according to the descriptions: The homage police officer, the Unicorn guy, :D or the Spider suit guy (among others) sounds fun.

The Cowboy suit or the Race car suit, it depends on the color scheme and the level of details on the printings.

Edited by Yooha

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Oh I just noticed the Bear and the Racoon from the calendar are not in this series. So, we are they from?

One-off art work? Or concepts being saved for S.19? They were, by-and-large, simple recolors of the Panda Suit.

On 06/01/2018 at 12:06 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

A Chinese Dragon sounds characteristic for this series, being often associated with festivities. But, on the other hand, a European one of medieval lore would be a nice treat for Castle fans.

I'm guessing that it will be a European style dragon that fits the wearer like Chinese dragon costumes do. This could be my favourite of the series.

I'm with @Itaria No Shintaku in hoping that the unicorn knight and spider costume aren't too cartoonish.

16 hours ago, williejm said:

Yes I do. In my experience names and descriptions don't cut it when it comes to the figure in hand, and some parts or accessories can make all the difference. 

:hmpf:  Pfft, screw your rationality, buddy!  (:wink: I'm in the same boat. Some of these could go either way for me.)

14 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

One-off art work? Or concepts being saved for S.19? They were, by-and-large, simple recolors of the Panda Suit.

Yeah, the smart money is on one-off artwork. If they ever DO make those two concepts into figs, hopefully they'll do better than a straight-up recolor.

I hope that the Elephant Suit with Tutu is only a waist piece, not printed on the minifigure.  I want to be able to remove the tutu and still have a good elephant costume.

10 minutes ago, x105Black said:

I hope that the Elephant Suit with Tutu is only a waist piece, not printed on the minifigure.  I want to be able to remove the tutu and still have a good elephant costume.

It's the same tutu piece the S15 Ballerina has, but in pink

4 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

It's the same tutu piece the S15 Ballerina has, but in pink

I imagined that to be the case, but is there printing on the body?  Like this:

elephant-ballerina-vector-id476925087?k=

I hope not.

1 hour ago, x105Black said:

I hope not.

But if it did, surely an elephant body can be switched out for a plain coloured torso - head aside, elephants aren’t very featureful in a minifig style ...

I think the elephant head is just like the unicorn and the chicken and so on. With a visible minifighead under it on display. So, not really useful as an elephant i'm afraid. But who knows!

5 hours ago, x105Black said:

elephant-ballerina-vector-id476925087?k=

I hope not.

In my view, this would be awesome like this! Love the torso, the tutu and the shoes!

On 9/1/2018 at 1:07 PM, williejm said:

Well we have different opinions. If list said for example, 17 mini dolls, I wouldn't bother buying them as I don't like them. No matther how the final result would be.