Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 18 Rumors and Discussion

9 hours ago, williejm said:

Depends dude, how do we contextualise that? Have you got a photographic memory or are you aged and forgetful? ;)

Hmm. I do not have a photographic memory. And I am semi-aged and mildly forgetful.  :wink:

2 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

Hmm. I do not have a photographic memory. And I am semi-aged and mildly forgetful.  :wink:

I can attest to this being fact.  :pir-laugh:

The heck is that??

I'm not sure they are meant to be actual minifigures, right?

They both look kinda lackluster to be CMFs

And the torso/legs printing is the same, just recolored

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The heck is that??

I'm not sure they are meant to be actual minifigures, right?

They both look kinda lackluster to be CMFs

And the torso/legs printing is the same, just recolored

I had the same thoughts for the most part. Gray Bear's head seems to use the same eye print pattern as the Panda Suit.

I also find it extremely weird that the belly fur goes down to the legs. Couldn't it have just been on the torso? Either way, neither looks interesting enough to be a complete CMF, and, unless pairs are going to be a theme in this series, we shouldn't get more than one of them. 

14 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Better pic.

Untitled.png

I would also be interested in what's inside this...calendar?

Just now, 8fifty said:

I would also be interested in what's inside this...calendar?

Indeed it is. There are some grainy pics on Instagram, but they don't reveal much of interest.

They look very Fabulandy to me. Especially the raccoon.

Anyway if they are going to have spraycans, i will be all over them!

Well now that the batman series two figs have been officially revealed we are now one series closer to series 18!

6 hours ago, 1Panda said:

Well now that the batman series two figs have been officially revealed we are now one series closer to series 18!

I think, if I remember correctly, they are being released 1st April not the usual 1st May.

9 hours ago, J4ck said:

I think, if I remember correctly, they are being released 1st April not the usual 1st May.

I hope so for me series 18 is the series that I am most anticipating for next year , batman series 2 is ok and Harry Potter is a Lego theme I loathe so I hope series 18 exceeds my expectations ( and everyone else's ) 

Since the release date is April, I think the series might be unveiled at the Nuremberg/ London Toy Fair next month

Edited by Robert8

Just now, Robert8 said:

Since the release date is April, I think the series might be unveiled at the Nuremberg/ London Toy Fair next month

They might but then since its a " special series " the might try to keep it secret for as Long as possible 

i would guess late February/early March 

Edited by 1Panda

17 minutes ago, 1Panda said:

They might but then since its a " special series " the might try to keep it secret for as Long as possible 

i would guess late February/early March 

Usually the series that launches in April is less secret than the others, I don't know why, but this sime I believe @1Panda to be right.

13 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Usually the series that launches in April is less secret than the others, I don't know why, but this sime I believe @1Panda to be right.

I actually think the fall series is the one that is less scret than the others

Series 12 was revealed in the MMO on March, then in a catalog on May

Series 14 was leaked on January

Series 16 was leaked on February

And the January series is always kept with more secrecy than the others. I dunno why

20 hours ago, Robert8 said:

And the January series is always kept with more secrecy than the others. I dunno why

But then the Batman S2 was leaked pretty early 

Edited by Lego-fire

Wasn’t a spidersuit rumoured? One of the new baddies from avengers has a new (very useful) neckpiece with robot arms (i don’t know if they already exist - a bit more bend and shorter) that can be easily reused for a spidersuit purpose. I just hope it’ll be in brown or red (for the sake of custom spidermen), but i totally can see that appear in the cmf series if there is going to be a spidersuit. 

3 hours ago, Borex said:

Wasn’t a spidersuit rumoured? One of the new baddies from avengers has a new (very useful) neckpiece with robot arms (i don’t know if they already exist - a bit more bend and shorter) that can be easily reused for a spidersuit purpose. I just hope it’ll be in brown or red (for the sake of custom spidermen), but i totally can see that appear in the cmf series if there is going to be a spidersuit. 

I saw that on Instagram today. I do recall a spider suit being on the rumored list, I think the new rig would work well enough for it. As an aside, I think that new neck bracket is gonna be a great piece for modding figures.

Edited by K_Tiger

I hope they won't use that piece, cause I think it would look way too "mechanical" for a costume.

Edited by Robert8

43 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I hope they won't use that piece, cause I think it would look way too "mechanical" for a costume.

If they give it a bit more organic arms, it would work probably better?

13 minutes ago, Borex said:

If they give it a bit more organic arms, it would work probably better?

A smaller version of 15064 would be nice.

4 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

A smaller version of 15064 would be nice.

Yeah, but i do like the fact that this way he can hold stuff with his extra arms

I'm fine with the gripping "hands" (clip durability aside), but the option for more spider-like legs would be cool. I'm pretty easy on this one.