Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 18 Rumors and Discussion

14 hours ago, 1Panda said:

It looks like they put studs on the top so we could probably ad leaves.

or make it a huge tree with a lot of brown round bricks and eventually the leaves. Maybe with an Ewok village in it.

The problem with the costume is that it's really more of a mask than a full-bodied suit, which would require a mold that went down to the Hot Dog Guy's costume length. Even with a brown outfit, it would look like a mask.

4 hours ago, 8BrickMario said:

The problem with the costume is that it's really more of a mask than a full-bodied suit, which would require a mold that went down to the Hot Dog Guy's costume length. Even with a brown outfit, it would look like a mask.

You should give him brown legs, brown arms and hands and you should give him a brown headpiece, or maybe no arms even.

20 minutes ago, Borex said:

You should give him brown legs, brown arms and hands and you should give him a brown headpiece, or maybe no arms even.

I knew I saved this pic for a reason. I'm certain there are ways to make this work as an actual tree.

TREE.png

I agree with the people complaining about themed series. I don't ask for much, just one minifigure (or at least torso + printed legs) per series that can be used in (non-fantasy) medieval MOCs. Like the Elf from S3, Hun Warrior from S12 and Frightening Knight from S15. The S16 had the Rogue which has a nice enough torso+legs. But S17 was a bust (the Gladiator, Battle-Dwarf and Elf Girl are all unsuited for MOCs imitating realistic medieval life), so between that, the Batman movie series, Ninjago movie series and this costumed series at least a year and a half will pass between me buying the Rogue and my next collectible minifig.

7 hours ago, Pop Star c o said:

How the Elf can be used in non-fantasy medieval MOCs?

Take the ears off, I'd guess.  Nothing inherently fantasy about the rest of the minifig.

1 hour ago, kaiju said:

Take the ears off, I'd guess.  Nothing inherently fantasy about the rest of the minifig.

You could really do the same with the Elf Girl.  And the Gladiator could work, but is a bit older than Medieval.

On 11/24/2017 at 5:03 PM, x105Black said:

You could really do the same with the Elf Girl.  And the Gladiator could work, but is a bit older than Medieval.

Put him in a dungeon with a couple of skeletons 

On November 23, 2017 at 8:57 AM, 8BrickMario said:

At least the legs will have more flexibility.

On 23/11/2017 at 8:57 AM, 8BrickMario said:

Maybe the minifigure wearing it has short legs? 

Just now, Robert8 said:

Maybe the minifigure wearing it has short legs? 

Then he would look like a tree stump   :laugh:

I just feel like the tree mask won't be in the series because it won't be interesting or unique since it can be found in the City sets and there's not too much that could be done with the piece to (ironically) spruce it up. It's a neat mold, but I'm sure it would have debuted in the CMF line if it was ever going to feature. 

6 hours ago, 8BrickMario said:

I just feel like the tree mask won't be in the series because it won't be interesting or unique since it can be found in the City sets and there's not too much that could be done with the piece to (ironically) spruce it up. It's a neat mold, but I'm sure it would have debuted in the CMF line if it was ever going to feature. 

Perhaps I already said that somewhere, but I think they had more than 17 costumes ready, and the tree was moved into the city theme.

That's probably true.

I'm hoping we will see some leaks soon, but I highly doubt we'll get anything tangible for a while as we are all still waiting on the second set of LEGO Batman minifigures to hit shelves in about a month.

19 minutes ago, x105Black said:

That's probably true.

I'm hoping we will see some leaks soon, but I highly doubt we'll get anything tangible for a while as we are all still waiting on the second set of LEGO Batman minifigures to hit shelves in about a month.

The Ninjago Movie CMFs were out in August: a month earlier than usual. I expect Batman S2 to hit the streets like at any time from now

On 11/24/2017 at 1:15 PM, Pop Star c o said:

How the Elf can be used in non-fantasy medieval MOCs?

This is the Elf. Just take his hairpiece (with the Elf ears) off, and he's just a man with scale armor.

On 11/24/2017 at 10:03 PM, x105Black said:

This is the Elf Maiden. If you remove her hairpiece she looks like a Disney princess or someone in a Halloween costume. That dress is certainly not accurate for the Medieval period. As to the Gladiator, he is specific to one aspect of one specific time period, a far cry from the series 3 Elf, which is a staple in Medieval MOCs as one of the best torso+legs combo to represent a medieval warrior in armor.

Fair enough.  I suppose when it comes to historical accuracy you really need to be accurate.

The Elf Maiden looks fine for me, and the dress is quite beautiful and not quite as Disney as it could have been, but I can see how the lack of accuracy can hinder a historic build.  In that sense, they should really have a "Castle" minifigure and a "Historic" minifigure in each series.  I'd say that's probably true for most series, but not always.  Often, the Historic minifigure could be medieval, but it will sometimes be from a different period like the Greek or Roman eras (like the 2 different Gladiators released so far).

5 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I don't know if I am allowed the picture of the drawing of a Bear Costume Guy that's around, so I won't.

But it's out there.

WHERE???

EDIT: You mean the one with the paintbrush?

It's from the 2018 calendar

There is also a Koala costume (I think)

Edited by Robert8

I actually think that might be a racoon on the right. The markings aren't really correct for either, but I digress. Looks like the bear mask in two new colors!

CM4Sci asked me about those the other day. I told him that I don't recall seeing them. For whatever that's worth to anyone.

10 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

CM4Sci asked me about those the other day. I told him that I don't recall seeing them. For whatever that's worth to anyone.

Depends dude, how do we contextualise that? Have you got a photographic memory or are you aged and forgetful? ;)

17 hours ago, Robert8 said:

WHERE???

EDIT: You mean the one with the paintbrush?

It's from the 2018 calendar

There is also a Koala costume (I think)

I don't see it on lego store calendar for januar 2018 ? Are the bear and koala somewhere else?