Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 18 Rumors and Discussion

18 hours ago, MAB said:

It sounds like you have a complete bear series already planned out in your head. We probably need a zombie bear, a diver bear and a skater bear to complete it!

Yeah I do,and some more like Elf bear , vampire bear, hockey bear and surfer bear ! 

18 hours ago, Robert8 said:

And then Evil Zombie Bear, Evil Diver Bear and Evil Skater Bear

Haha ! Oh also  a mer-bear, mummy bear and barbarian bear !

I also apologize for this being totally unrelated to the main discussion.

Edited by 1Panda

Why stop there ... give one a sword to make him a barbearian, re-do the judge but make him a bearister, have a bearista for a coffee shop and a male singing bear, the bearitone.

Back on track with the series 18, I hope if it is costumes that are not just one large molded piece and the torsos still come with prints (like the plant monster) rather than just plain torsos (like many of the one piece coverall parts such as the banana and hotdog). I find the one piece style ones cannot be posed so well.

55 minutes ago, MAB said:

Back on track with the series 18, I hope if it is costumes that are not just one large molded piece and the torsos still come with prints (like the plant monster) rather than just plain torsos (like many of the one piece coverall parts such as the banana and hotdog). I find the one piece style ones cannot be posed so well.

I actually would love if we get plain torsos because i collect monofigs, would love if we get new colors like light pink or light purple.

Edited by cebelicamya

I think we'll get both

From what we know, Elephant costume would likely have a printed torso, while Fireworks Rocket won't 

Well, that's another total bust. It's a shame when they release waves that have very low cross-theme potential. One of the nice things about regular waves is that a torso here, or an accessory there can at least be useful elsewhere. But here, unless you are actually planning to host a Lego in-universe costume party, there's very little good that can be gotten out of the figures. In fact, I've never purchased one of the previous "suited" characters for precisely this reason: what good are they? So my reaction to an entire series of them is: GO AWAY.

At least we're not getting more s**tsons I mean Simpsons. 

I'll take a series of costume characters over Simpsons any time.

2 hours ago, 1Panda said:

Hear, hear.

3 hours ago, 1Panda said:

That's an awfully hard dilemma you present there. I guess while I'm not very fond of costumed CMFs, I absolutely loathe the Simpsons; so I guess I'd have to agree with you on that. :def_shrug:

7 hours ago, 1Panda said:

They had no usefulness outside the theme.  Completely stove-piped, with no applicability elsewhere 

I didn't care for their heads, but I could use some of The Simpsons minifigures for their torsos and legs. It was nice they are yellow-skinned too! I miss that in the licensed minifigures.

Edited by Wesley D

13 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

We will get the second Batman Series in January and a birthday themed one with 17 minifigures in April/ May.

so HP should be the autumn one, IF it is happening. Didn't see any pictures of HP collectible series, so I cannot confirm nor deny.

So, according to Sir von Lego, it seems the theme of the series is actually "Birthday"

Does that mean they are not all costumes?*oh2*

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Does that mean they are not all costumes? *oh2*

It would be cool if some of the CMFs were more pertinent both the System's sixtieth and the minifigure's fortieth anniversary. Some relevant archetypes could include a Lego set designer, an AFOL, updated versions of classic minifigures, and, although it would be more specific as opposed to an archetype, a minifigure of Ole Kirk Christiansen. :shrug_oh_well:

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

So, according to Sir von Lego, it seems the theme of the series is actually "Birthday"

Does that mean they are not all costumes?*oh2*

Makes sense given the anniversary. How long before we can reasonably expect something tangible, e.g. partial list and parts secreted out the side door of the factory?

On 14/11/2017 at 2:59 AM, dgherko said:

They had no usefulness outside the theme.  Completely stove-piped, with no applicability elsewhere 

For the heads, maybe - but then that is true for things like the Batman heads too, they only work with the cowl. But for the torsos and legs, many of them were highly useable elsewhere.

Birthday? Maybe all of the figs will be the upper brass of Lego in costume. Could that be why 17 is supposed to be the amount?

Edited by gedren_y

3 hours ago, gedren_y said:

Birthday? Maybe all of the figs will be the upper brass of Lego in costume. Could that be why 17 is supposed to be the amount?

I don't think the vast majority of LEGO consumers would know or care about the real people behind the company being represented, so it might be a waste of effort or detail for a mass release.

11 hours ago, legocruncher said:

Confirmed minifigures in costumes from :http://www.bouwsteentjes.info/lego-polybags-2018-visuals-verschenen/

they are

1. Brick Suit Boy
  2. Brick Suit Girl
  3. Spider Suit
  4. Fireworks Roket Suit
  5. Elephant Suit
  6. Cake Suit
  7. Race Car Suit      I cant wait for the brick suits.  This is confirmed by Lego as I found this where it says have a party with series 18

This link has nothing to do with what you say, moreover what you say is just well known here.

Clickbaiting?

On 14/11/2017 at 8:58 AM, Wesley D said:

I didn't care for their heads, but I could use some of The Simpsons minifigures for their torsos and legs.

Indeed:  

the_riddler.jpg

Since I took that picture, I have updated the cane to an official question mark topper and a different colour and style shaft.

It was nice they are yellow-skinned too! I miss that in the licensed minifigures.

So do I!

Apologies for the digression from the main topic of this thread. 

On 11/14/2017 at 3:58 AM, Wesley D said:

I didn't care for their heads, but I could use some of The Simpsons minifigures for their torsos and legs. It was nice they are yellow-skinned too! I miss that in the licensed minifigures.

I did this too. I started collecting with Series 15, so I completely missed the Simpsons. I was at a trade show in Vegas and a booth was giving out minifigs, but it was the Simpsons. I felt the bags when I got home and it was Lisa or Maggie. I ended up giving it to my boss to give to his sons. 

Back in May I actually was digging through boxes at a Toys R Us in NYC and found a Simpsons series 2 pack. I was surprised but left it behind cause I had no interest in it. I then looked up the series and looked at the bodies and realized I could jut swap the heads with some spare pieces. I went back to the TRU about a week later and found the pack again. It was Groundskeeper WIllie which was actually who I was hoping for. Best part was it was only 3 bucks! 

oiymas.jpg

That's him. I wanted to make a scruffy looking guy since the CMF already had hairy arms lol.

Edited by AquaSazers
added pic

On 16-11-2017 at 2:47 PM, MAB said:

They probably meant this page:

http://www.bouwsteentjes.info/lego-71021-minifigures-series-18-geruchten/

But I agree it is nothing new. Just copying information and presenting it as fact.

It's not presented as a fact, it's just telling these are rumors that have yet to be confirmed. Sources are Eurobricks and lemonution, as stated at the end of the post. So nothing new there, just summing up the rumors. 

I just got a good look at the tree costume in the upcoming Police set. It is more of a log, and I don't see it being a party costume.

On November 20, 2017 at 11:56 AM, gedren_y said:

I just got a good look at the tree costume in the upcoming Police set. It is more of a log, and I don't see it being a party costume.

It looks like they put studs on the top so we could probably ad leaves.