Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 18 Rumors and Discussion

6 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I cannot conifrm nor deny that this will be a costumed character series, but, if I would be asked to make an educated guess, I'd say rather that it will be a costumed series with maybe a couple of "not-too-fitting" characters likewise series 14 was a Monsters-themed series, with some characters who looked more "People dressed as a monster" than a monster itself. (EG: The Gargoyle, The Banshee, The Ghost were MONSTERS, while The Plant Guy, The Tiger Girl, The Skeleton Guy were PEOPLE DISGUISED AS MONSTERS) (and it's quite questionable if a Tiger Woman is actually a monster...).

The Plant Guy wasn't a person disguised as a monster but a monster eating a person.

It can also mean, that if there were some costumes in Monsters series, maybe there'll be some monster minifigures in Costumes series.

No, I'm just joking:grin:

2 hours ago, Pop Star c o said:

The Plant Guy wasn't a person disguised as a monster but a monster eating a person.

Well some of us consider him as a guy in a plant suit.

2 minutes ago, 1Panda said:

Well some of us consider him as a guy in a plant suit.

You're free to use him as you like, but it doesn't stop official LEGO canon being that it's a man-eating plant.

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

I assume that means there will be "printed" costumes like the S14 Skeleton Guy

I always assumed that would be the case. A mix of printed "costumes" and both new and recolored specialty costume pieces.

13 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I am very interested about this series, and I have heard more costumed characters than reported in the list of the ones that are "confirmed" so the room for uncostumed characters narrows, but I feel like while this will appeal a lot of people, I won't grab multiples this time because there won't probably be army-builder favs in this series, or so I believe.

Do tell!

6 hours ago, Pop Star c o said:

True.

5 hours ago, x105Black said:

Do tell!

Well, I do tell when I see pictures myself. I don't like to say "a trustworthy source said so" and then come with nothing because the trustworthy source wasn't trustworthy.
I hope you may understand.

On 5.11.2017 at 9:38 AM, Bricksanity said:

Haha you guys are funny.

So many false guesses here.. tree suit guy is from city range..i have it already.

According to my good friend Austin, the guy who designs the cmf figures.. series 18 is going to be something very different.

instead of being designed by just one person, this series was put together by a large group of people, all with their own input and ideas.

Batman s2 in jan, series 18 April, and then more on the way.

I'm very doubtful about a costume series.. the image floating around of a group of them isn't even by a LEGO employee..

Lol just to point out, NO store employee will know anything about upcoming series...

Haha you are not funny.

Apologies if this has already been discussed and I missed it, but some of the costumed minifigures in this picture could be S18s except rocket boy who already exists. Of the rest, the one I'm most sceptical about is Rudolf because Christmas will be behind us (or too far ahead depending on your point of view). The others seem plausible. 

ETsuRAGQfbOLbuHFuT4VBOg0qu4n2yYkOrgL0iGM

Edited by AmperZand

this pic has been floating around, the sad thing is the artist, lemonone, was a candidate for a position at lego, and he took a lot of his designs including this one in to show his abilities, and just like lego, they took his amazing ideas and we have a lot of the current minifigures

33 minutes ago, x105Black said:

Maybe the Eagle Suit will be the 'American' minifigure rather than the Fireworks Suit.

@VaderFan2187 (RIP) said these names were correct:

1. Brick Suit Girl

2. Brick Suit Guy

3. Spider Suit

4. Fireworks Rocket Suit

5. Elephant Suit

6. Cake Suit

Thanks, I didn't want to delve into the many older pages looking for the confirmation.  I just remember there was a debate about what the figure in question would be.

8 hours ago, Loki221978 said:

this pic has been floating around, the sad thing is the artist, lemonone, was a candidate for a position at lego, and he took a lot of his designs including this one in to show his abilities, and just like lego, they took his amazing ideas and we have a lot of the current minifigures

Did they offer Lemonone the job? If not and they used his ideas, did they at least pay him fairly for them?

If they did offer him the job and he took it, it would make these ideas more likely as CMFs that will actually be made. Alexandre Boudon was hired by LEGO on the strength of his CMF designs and many of them became actual minifigures.    

8 minutes ago, AmperZand said:

Did they offer Lemonone the job? If not and they used his ideas, did they at least pay him fairly for them?

If they did offer him the job and he took it, it would make these ideas more likely as CMFs that will actually be made. Alexandre Boudon was hired by LEGO on the strength of his CMF designs and many of them became actual minifigures.    

Here is the answer. In the comments:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lemonution/27411579663/

On 03/11/2017 at 7:54 PM, 1Panda said:

Like panda suit guy from the Lego movie, could be recolored into a brown bear/ grizzly bear, black bear a polar bear or a teddy bear an evil robot bear or a pink fuzzy bear (that smells like strawberries) maybe a batman bear and perhaps a Kung fu bear but hopefully a koala bear!

It sounds like you have a complete bear series already planned out in your head. We probably need a zombie bear, a diver bear and a skater bear to complete it!

Just now, MAB said:

It sounds like you have a complete bear series already planned out in your head. We probably need a zombie bear, a diver bear and a skater bear to complete it!

And then Evil Zombie Bear, Evil Diver Bear and Evil Skater Bear

1 hour ago, K_Tiger said:

Yeah, I suddenly don't feel bad about Lepin and other bootleggers.

That is just what i wanted to say as well! 

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

And then Evil Zombie Bear, Evil Diver Bear and Evil Skater Bear

Or a big teddy bear ? like this one: 

10Lots-of-1502A-Enlighten-Zombies-Fun-Se

Yep, all those Megao characters look angry or evil, including the ice cream girl. Appearing at the end of a dark candle-lit hallway of an oddly vacant rural old hotel humming while slowly yet steadily increasing her approach unwavering dead eyes locked on you. 

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Here is the answer. In the comments:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lemonution/27411579663/

Wow! There is such a thing as coincidence and as humans, we're not very good at reconciling ourselves to it. But even so, I find it hard to believe that LEGO's Rocket Boy wasn't based on Lemonone's Rocket Man.

If LEGO has been 'inspired' by at least one of Lemonone's ideas, perhaps some of his other designs will see their way into production.  

As an aside and not in the area of design or in relation to LEGO, I've had job interviews where I gave the interviewer(s) ideas, they have said they hadn't thought of them and I didn't get the job but later found out that my ideas had been implemented by the organisation(s) I had applied to (presumably by the people who did get the job). It's stomach churning. If that is what LEGO has done, what little respect I had for them after they needlessly fired 1,400 people has dwindled even further. :angry:

Edited by AmperZand