Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 18 Rumors and Discussion

Yes, the Spider Suit was also confirmed to me by a store employee.  I'm not sure the Firework Suit was confirmed, all we knew was that there would be a suit related to Americans and the 4th of July, so it could just as easily be an Eagle or Uncle Sam as far as I can tell.  Then again, I might not be remembering properly, maybe it was confirmed.

Haha you guys are funny.

So many false guesses here.. tree suit guy is from city range..i have it already.

According to my good friend Austin, the guy who designs the cmf figures.. series 18 is going to be something very different.

instead of being designed by just one person, this series was put together by a large group of people, all with their own input and ideas.

Batman s2 in jan, series 18 April, and then more on the way.

I'm very doubtful about a costume series.. the image floating around of a group of them isn't even by a LEGO employee..

5 hours ago, x105Black said:

Yes, the Spider Suit was also confirmed to me by a store employee.  I'm not sure the Firework Suit was confirmed, all we knew was that there would be a suit related to Americans and the 4th of July, so it could just as easily be an Eagle or Uncle Sam as far as I can tell.  Then again, I might not be remembering properly, maybe it was confirmed.

Lol just to point out, NO store employee will know anything about upcoming series...

*huh*

The hell??? 

So, it won't be a costumes themed series????

17 minutes ago, Bricksanity said:

series 18 is going to be something very different.

What does this mean?

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

*huh*

The hell??? 

So, it won't be a costumes themed series????

What does this mean?

Didn't we already establish from the catalog image description that is indeed going to be costumes?

I would love to learn that S18 will NOT be a "costume" series after all, but we've already had too much confirmation that it will be. :sad:

6 hours ago, Bricksanity said:

Lol just to point out, NO store employee will know anything about upcoming series...

Fair enough, but my understanding was that this employee had seen some internal leaks.

2 hours ago, JGuy said:

Didn't we already establish from the catalog image description that is indeed going to be costumes?

I have a copy of the image saved, and it looks like the exact text is "Get Ready to Party with LEGO Minifigures Series 18!" What the smaller blurbs say are largely undecipherable. though the first one looks something like "...a party in every bag". I can definitely make out a release date of April, though.

2 hours ago, JGuy said:

The catalog mentions a party, but not the costumes thing

But I don't get it. If so, then all the clues and names given so far by rob-ot5000 and vaderFan2187 were not correct?

26 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

The catalog mentions a party, but not the costumes thing

But I don't get it. If so, then all the clues and names given so far by rob-ot5000 and vaderFan2187 were not correct?

Comes down to whose words you place more stock in.

15 hours ago, Bricksanity said:

Haha you guys are funny.

So many false guesses here.. tree suit guy is from city range..i have it already.

According to my good friend Austin, the guy who designs the cmf figures.. series 18 is going to be something very different.

instead of being designed by just one person, this series was put together by a large group of people, all with their own input and ideas.

Batman s2 in jan, series 18 April, and then more on the way.

I'm very doubtful about a costume series.. the image floating around of a group of them isn't even by a LEGO employee..

You're free to believe whatever you like.

7 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Comes down to whose words you place more stock in.

Just now, BrickHat said:

AFAIK, each series is designed by a team, not a single person. At least that's what I got from that interview video with the S13 opening packs. Hmmm, I will remain respectfully skeptical of this new information.

That's what I thought too. Also, the Chracter Encyclopedia features a design team, and there is no Austin mentioned. So, maybe the guy is new?

I appreciate the info but this is getting confusing

22 hours ago, x105Black said:

An uncle Sam minifigure would be be awesome to get.

On 11/3/2017 at 10:02 PM, x105Black said:

Exactly, or a Brown Bunny Suit.  They already recolored that bunny ears piece a couple times, so why not?

Does anyone think that they could use any of the different animal Chima headpieces they made? In surprised they havent been reused already.

Edited by BrickFit26

uncle Sam would be pretty awesome, just reuse the Abe Lincoln hat mold, maybe he would have an eagle animal mold too!.  i am hoping for a pink bunny girl, that would be awesome, and a rooster suit, still hoping for the narwhal head that was in the Ninjago movie.  who knows, though i do hope that they don't just regurgitate all of them 

1 hour ago, BrickHat said:

AFAIK, each series is designed by a team, not a single person. At least that's what I got from that interview video with the S13 opening packs. Hmmm, I will remain respectfully skeptical of this new information.

That's precisely what I heard as well .

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

That's what I thought too. Also, the Chracter Encyclopedia features a design team, and there is no Austin mentioned. So, maybe the guy is new?

I appreciate the info but this is getting confusing

Unless the book was filled with false information ( which I doubt) 

And I don't know who that other guy is but I find it quite irritating to finally have some more news about series 18 only to have some other member that never said anything about s.18 until now tell us that we're all wrong and has no way to prove it and then mentions that he knows an insider but doesn't tell us at least about one Minifigure from this series.?!?!

those were my thoughts after reading those posts and hopefully I haven't appeared as some kind of rude person 

Rumors and "insider info" are by nature quite murky, which is part of what makes it so tempting for some people to make up a bunch of stuff and claim to know someone on the inside. Of course time will tell and we'll eventually all know who had real information and who was fibbing, but we don't tolerate people here on EB looking for a quick minute of fame by posting fabricated information.

I personally know nothing about Series 18, but I do know that Bricksanity is 100% incorrect when he says that store employees know nothing of upcoming releases. LEGO store employees in fact have access to lots of preliminary pictures and artwork, as well as spreadsheets of upcoming releases, if they know how to access the system.

I am suspicious also of someone who claims to 'know someone who works at LEGO' and actually tells us that person's name. A LEGO employee would be in deep water if it's found out that any information has leaked through them, and their friends would know not to call them out by name on this forum.

All in all I'd caution everyone to take this new information with a massive grain of salt, and if it does appear that anyone is lying, please inform staff and we will take appropriate measures.

5 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Rumors and "insider info" are by nature quite murky, which is part of what makes it so tempting for some people to make up a bunch of stuff and claim to know someone on the inside. Of course time will tell and we'll eventually all know who had real information and who was fibbing, but we don't tolerate people here on EB looking for a quick minute of fame by posting fabricated information.

I personally know nothing about Series 18, but I do know that Bricksanity is 100% incorrect when he says that store employees know nothing of upcoming releases. LEGO store employees in fact have access to lots of preliminary pictures and artwork, as well as spreadsheets of upcoming releases, if they know how to access the system.

I am suspicious also of someone who claims to 'know someone who works at LEGO' and actually tells us that person's name. A LEGO employee would be in deep water if it's found out that any information has leaked through them, and their friends would know not to call them out by name on this forum.

All in all I'd caution everyone to take this new information with a massive grain of salt, and if it does appear that anyone is lying, please inform staff and we will take appropriate measures.

^ This.

I made a LEGO Lug Tour this june at Billund's HQ, and we talked also a lot about collectible minifigures since it's one of my favourite themes.

I can confirm that every series is not designed by one person, but by a lot of different people and this can be found in a couple of DK books.
So either this information user Bricksanity gave us is naively given, or purposedly given wrong, at least part of it.

I can also confirm that store employees have insights before many people do. For instance, you know (or perhaps most of you do) me as a source of information and I knew since May that TLG was re-releasing the Taj Mahal. I was, however asked very strictly not to share, so I didn't. This piece of information was confidentially given to me by a store assistant.

I cannot conifrm nor deny that this will be a costumed character series, but, if I would be asked to make an educated guess, I'd say rather that it will be a costumed series with maybe a couple of "not-too-fitting" characters likewise series 14 was a Monsters-themed series, with some characters who looked more "People dressed as a monster" than a monster itself. (EG: The Gargoyle, The Banshee, The Ghost were MONSTERS, while The Plant Guy, The Tiger Girl, The Skeleton Guy were PEOPLE DISGUISED AS MONSTERS) (and it's quite questionable if a Tiger Woman is actually a monster...).

I am very interested about this series, and I have heard more costumed characters than reported in the list of the ones that are "confirmed" so the room for uncostumed characters narrows, but I feel like while this will appeal a lot of people, I won't grab multiples this time because there won't probably be army-builder favs in this series, or so I believe.

Edited by Itaria No Shintaku

7 minutes ago, julesvincent said:

Thank you @Itaria No Shintaku for these insights. You are a very lucky man! :)

Yes I am. But also this is a passion for me that consumes most of my time, so, you know, it needs work and skill to climb the ladder, and I feel like I'm still at the lower steps. I'm glad to be useful for the community. The more the AFOLs, the more the fun.

11 hours ago, BrickFit26 said:

An uncle Sam minifigure would be be awesome to get.

Does anyone think that they could use any of the different animal Chima headpieces they made? In surprised they havent been reused already.

The spacing on the eye openings on the Chima masks renders them largely useless with normal minifig head print spacing. Now, that doesn't stop them from printing the heads to fit Chima mask pieces, they would just look really odd without said masks.

3 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I cannot conifrm nor deny that this will be a costumed character series, but, if I would be asked to make an educated guess, I'd say rather that it will be a costumed series with maybe a couple of "not-too-fitting" characters likewise series 14 was a Monsters-themed series, with some characters who looked more "People dressed as a monster" than a monster itself. (EG: The Gargoyle, The Banshee, The Ghost were MONSTERS, while The Plant Guy, The Tiger Girl, The Skeleton Guy were PEOPLE DISGUISED AS MONSTERS) (and it's quite questionable if a Tiger Woman is actually a monster...).

Hmm, so not every figure in this CMS will be a some sort of animal/food/vertical inanimate object suited archetype? If that's the case, I'd be happy to hear that, since maybe this series will then have something a bit more "palatable" for others tastes. *

*I'm not talking about food suit guys by the way:tongue:

Edited by Digger of Bricks