Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 18 Rumors and Discussion

On 20/10/2017 at 6:31 PM, Robert8 said:

I wonder why they decided to this now and not on Series 20, which would have make more sense to me

On 22/10/2017 at 7:32 AM, Wesley D said:

Only one regular minifigure series a year is a long wait. As with each series I'm very curious to see the minifigures, but I'm not a big fan of costumed minifigures. They are mostly far fetched and not really useful in my city or other LEGO fantasies. I hope to see some interesting ones, but otherwise I won't mind since I stopped collecting them all because of the price.

I think LEGO are slowly killing the CMF line now anyway.  Price increases and the long wait between the numbered series have put me off collecting them all. Now I just decide which ones I want and I think will be popular and buy them on BL when the series is current. For the rest of the ones I want, I wait until they go on clearance sale.

I sold off a lot of my earlier ones. If I am not collecting them all, there is no point having them especially given the prices they sell for. I kept the ones I like and sold off probably 60% of my collection to people that were late to collecting them.

If they have to do multiple Batman suits and so on, I'd prefer them to do packs of maybe 3 figures (like the old style minifigure packs they did for halloween, beach, music) or the packs of 3-5 figures they did for castle, Chima, etc. In fact, they did one for the Gotham pack too. That way, people can buy the figures they want seeing them in the pack, and the CMF series are not used up on providing these. 

Edited by MAB

11 hours ago, MAB said:

I think LEGO are slowly killing the CMF line now anyway.  Price increases and the long wait between the numbered series have put me off collecting them all. Now I just decide which ones I want and I think will be popular and buy them on BL when the series is current. For the rest of the ones I want, I wait until they go on clearance sale.

I sold off a lot of my earlier ones. If I am not collecting them all, there is no point having them especially given the prices they sell for. I kept the ones I like and sold off probably 60% of my collection to people that were late to collecting them.

I have to agree with you. There is still a good amount of buzz around the releases but not quite as much as it used to be. They have flooded the market and its only a matter of time until the bottom drops out. I remember buying series 1 through 3 for $1.99 per pack and in the middle of the series 3 release the price changed to $2.99 (at least where I was getting them). Right around series 5 or 6 it started to become much easier to find the minifigures and now they are everywhere. I basically did the same thing that you did and sold off my earlier series, kept the ones I wanted and used the money to buy other sets that I wanted etc. I think if they decide to do another price increase in the near future that will kill it for most people and the sad thing is that the CMF's brought a lot of people out of their dark ages (me included). Regardless, I still am looking forward to next years line up. It sounds quite promising and I am a sucker for anything Batman. 

Price increases are a hugh pain in the megablocks. Because of it i am super critical with each figure. Is it worth it? Do i really want/need it? If i only want an accessoiry or part or hairpiece i won’t buy it. From the batman cmf series i have only four figures. The last common series three (2 retrospace people and the corndude). 

I some how fail to see how any of the last few posts have anything to do with series 18. 

And if there is any New news about series 18 it would be nice to know.

With all the re-release of old sets and whatnot, what if the 17th minifig in Series 18 is the re-release of Mr Gold but this time each in every box instead of ridiculously limited number? 

I've been thinking about this since TLG did the Lester stunt. Is it possible they did it to gather sentiment about re-releasing limited release minifigure such as Mr. Gold?

I think there is more chances to get a yellow Chicken Suit Guy or Black Piggy Guy rather than the return of Mr Gold

I don't get the whole Lester thing, but whatever.  I think Robert8 could be right about a Chicken Suit variant.  Not necessarily as the 1 per box figure, but I could see variants of old costumes used to fill at least a slot or 2.

Like panda suit guy from the Lego movie, could be recolored into a brown bear/ grizzly bear, black bear a polar bear or a teddy bear an evil robot bear or a pink fuzzy bear (that smells like strawberries) maybe a batman bear and perhaps a Kung fu bear but hopefully a koala bear!

Yes I remember this story, it began with rumor discussion about carrot costume in I-don't-remember which series, then a guy in the discussion made the custom carrot guy and post the photo in here to show us the look of the minifigurine if the rumor was true. But it wasn't. It was about one or two years ago

Edited by notpennysboat

8 hours ago, 1Panda said:

Like panda suit guy from the Lego movie, could be recolored into a brown bear/ grizzly bear, black bear a polar bear or a teddy bear an evil robot bear or a pink fuzzy bear (that smells like strawberries) maybe a batman bear and perhaps a Kung fu bear but hopefully a koala bear!

Exactly, or a Brown Bunny Suit.  They already recolored that bunny ears piece a couple times, so why not?

On 11/2/2017 at 10:23 PM, makoy said:

With all the re-release of old sets and whatnot, what if the 17th minifig in Series 18 is the re-release of Mr Gold but this time each in every box instead of ridiculously limited number? 

I've been thinking about this since TLG did the Lester stunt. Is it possible they did it to gather sentiment about re-releasing limited release minifigure such as Mr. Gold?

I've thought the same... But it seems wishful thinking on my end. A chrome brick suit would probably be more awesome, though.

Did we ever get any firm word about a cake costume? I know we speculated for pages on how one would look, and think it plausible, but I don't think anyone who knows anything gave us a confirmation.

There was talk of a tree costume seen in a City set that is supposed to be released before this series, and hopes for a more detailed recolor here.

About the brick costume: I have seen talk of both red and blue versions, possibly male and female. I can envision some NSFW images resulting from that idea, so I'm not sure about that. (Might happen anyway, even with the same color.) I don't think Lego would do red, blue and chromed (silver/gold) all in the same series. A single color brick costume in normal distribution with a 1-per-box chromed brick costume is more likely. I see possible issues there, too. Some buyers might try then to find new or recently opened boxes, and simply pick out all the brick costumes to be sure of getting the chrome in the box. That could cause a glut of the non-chromed brick costumes in the secondary market, and decrease the availability of the chromed version, which in turn could cause price gouging on the secondary market.

rob_ot5000 said he doesn't recall the tree being on the list, so despite it being a pretty easy shoe-in, it isn't gonna be in S.17.

13 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

rob_ot5000 said he doesn't recall the tree being on the list, so despite it being a pretty easy shoe-in, it isn't gonna be in S.17.

To be fair, just because I don't remember it doesn't mean it isn't there. I paid far more attention to TLBM CMF 2, and I don't even remember everything about that one.

That said, I really don't think it was there. But there's room for error on my part.

A trustworthy birdie told me there was a race car suit. I don't remember that either, but it was a trustworthy birdie, so...

Finally more news

I guess it will be something like this

image.jpeg

So, this would be the list, so far

1. Brick Suit Girl

2. Brick Suit Guy

3. Spider Suit

4. Fireworks Rocket Suit

5. Elephant Suit

6. Cake Suit

7. Race Car Suit

8. ?????