Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 18 Rumors and Discussion

Pictures of the new City sets are leaked.

The Tree suit does look like it could be reused as a CMF. 

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Exactly what I was thinking, although I'm surprised to see no greenery on top of the tree costume although it still looks great without!

Instagram user lego_peru has posted the preliminary placeholder catalog images for both S18 and the presumable TLBM Series 2, with seventeen minifigures for S18.

That seventeenth minifigure, you don't suppose it will be S10 Mr. Gold the sequel will it? :sceptic:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

That seventeenth minifigure, you don't suppose it will be S10 Mr. Gold the sequel will it? :sceptic:

That was my first (and most dreaded) thought.

Probably a one-off extra figure for the series because the series has reached 17 figures. 2018 is gonna be an expensive year for CMFs. TLBM S.2, S.17 and then the HP/Fantastic Beasts 2 series.

Interesting that the release date says April instead of May... Better sooner than later I guess :P

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Yes, it seems that it is the most concrete info we have right now... but I have never seen TLG use the mould for the same release year. We've seen re-use of the mould after a year or 2... but on that same year of the release? Maybe they're making an experiment whether sales will be affected.

1 hour ago, williejm said:

Mr Gold Brick costume?

Hope that they won't do something similar. I am totally fine with the Highway man approach.

9 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

What I hope is that they did 17 to include the duplicate Brick suit minifig. I wouldn't mind a chase variant being available once per box, as long as it's not Mr. Gold rare...

That would be perfect!

Yeah, that's probably what it is, the 2nd brick suit. 17 really plays havoc with the case count if isn't a one-per chase figure. I foresee wailing, the rending of clothes, the pulling of hair, and the gnashing of teeth

Edited by K_Tiger

8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Instagram user lego_peru has posted the preliminary placeholder catalog images for both S18 and the presumable TLBM Series 2, with seventeen minifigures for S18.

Looking at the blurb, it sounds like the costume party rumours may have been true.

Which is absolutely fine with me :)

Sorry for revisiting the carrot costume topic.
As was confirmed by a few before, it is a just custom dual molded part by some third party printer called crazybricks.
Now...about Series 18....hoping for some tasty details soon.

7 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Yeah, that's probably what it is, the 2nd brick suit. 17 really plays havoc with the case count if isn't a one-per chase figure. I foresee wailing, the rending of clothes, the pulling of hair, and the gnashing of teeth

That is a very optimistic scenario.

On 22 August 2017 at 2:30 AM, BrickHat said:

What I hope is that they did 17 to include the duplicate Brick suit minifig. I wouldn't mind a chase variant being available once per box, as long as it's not Mr. Gold rare...

That would be awesome and perfect. There is always the scenario that the CMF Series have been increased to 17 minifigures without chaser minifigures?

2 hours ago, J4ck said:

That would be awesome and perfect. There is always the scenario that the CMF Series have been increased to 17 minifigures without chaser minifigures?

Interesting thought. I wouldn't mind an extra figure. It's kind of a consolation prize for only getting a single regular CMF series a year anymore.

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎21 at 7:30 PM, BrickHat said:

I would go to the my local Lego store day 1 and grab a box and run to the corner and feel them all out to get that one exclusive one if they did a one per box fig.

If there's a chase, it will probably be the second brick suit, which means you're buying 7 packs.  As much as I don't believe in bump codes, this may be a situation where I try to utilize them when I get my box.  If the chase is on, that is.

2 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

It's kind of a consolation prize for only getting a single regular CMF series a year anymore.

Except that S18 isn't a "regular" regular series. :hmpf_bad:

38 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Except that S18 isn't a "regular" regular series. :hmpf_bad:

Regular enough :laugh:

I'm not too sure if this means anything but I will post it here just in case. I work at a major retailer in Australia and while at work I saw a cardboard box that was stamped with the Lego Minifigures logo. It had a sticker on it that read "DO NOT OPEN UNTIL SEPTEMBER 1st". This is the same date as Force Friday so it could just be a Star Wars set in a Minifigures box but it could be something else.

Edited by battlingsumo