Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 18 Rumors and Discussion

That would be pretty much what they did with the Series 1 Forestman or the S16 Rogue, which are updated versions of the forestmen and wolfpack gang

Edited by Robert8

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

That would be pretty what they did with the Series 1 Forestman or the S16 Rogue, which are updated versions of the forestmen and wolfpack gang

That was also pretty much @SirBlake 's  theory, which to my understanding @rob-ot5000 already said we aren't getting. Or am I misunderstanding something? I thought we weren't getting a series of updated retro figs.

9 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

That was also pretty much @SirBlake 's  theory, which to my understanding @rob-ot5000 already said we aren't getting. Or am I misunderstanding something? I thought we weren't getting a series of updated retro figs.

Correct.

What's odd is the fact that I KNOW the correct "theme" has been mentioned in other threads, but not yet in THIS thread.

What do you do for anniversaries? You celebrate. How do you celebrate? You have a party. Extrapolate from there, maybe?

5 minutes ago, DarrellBricker said:

Costume Party? :) A whole series of costume figures?

That would seem to fit the bill and is exactly what I was about to post. While I enjoy the costumed characters, a whole series could feel like overkill. But we'll see! Guess it depends on how good they are.

- MJ

15 minutes ago, rob-ot5000 said:

Correct.

What's odd is the fact that I KNOW the correct "theme" has been mentioned in other threads, but not yet in THIS thread.

What do you do for anniversaries? You celebrate. How do you celebrate? You have a party. Extrapolate from there, maybe?

Sorry. I ignored the fact that you were certain, for whatever reason I read your comments as if they were assumptions (although they are really pretty unambiguous). Anyway, that's too bad then, as it means no Castle minifigs, no Aquazone rehash, ...

9 minutes ago, DarrellBricker said:

Which type of party? Why not a series of drunken minifigs, stoned minifigs, naked minifigs with explicit printing, ... one could think of various nice equipment :tongue:

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

A series that every fig has a different animal would be super :wub:

This. Always this. ;)

Perhaps it's a series of famous real people in minifigure form?

30 minutes ago, DarrellBricker said:

Hmm. Probably time for me to shut up for a while. :wink:

23 minutes ago, MicroJow said:

That would seem to fit the bill and is exactly what I was about to post. While I enjoy the costumed characters, a whole series could feel like overkill. But we'll see! Guess it depends on how good they are.

- MJ

What you said about overkill, that's my worry, too.

11 minutes ago, Oederland said:

Which type of party? Why not a series of drunken minifigs, stoned minifigs, naked minifigs with explicit printing, ... one could think of various nice equipment :tongue:

LOL!

4 minutes ago, rob-ot5000 said:

Well, it wouldn't be first time in my toy collecting hobby that I was concerned about something then saw the final product and thought "OK, that actually looks pretty awesome. Sold" Hopefully this turns out to be one of those cases!

42 minutes ago, rob-ot5000 said:

*oh2*:drool::moar: I'm sold!!!

I'm also concerned about them doing a little too much of this (just like some people felt like they did way too many monsters), but personally I'm very excited and I feel the series has a great potential!

Thanks for the info @rob-ot5000!!!

... Except I mentioned all costume series in this thread?

On 06. 03. 2017. at 9:41 PM, Cagast said:

- Costume series? I know this one doesn't fit any rumors, but 16 suit guys at once would be amazing.

Yet you say the correct theme is nowhere in this thread? Hopefully this just means that you missed this... and we are actually getting costume party. Right?

Edited by Cagast

16 costumes... not sure there's much there for me, but it's hard to ignore the success of costumed characters in the past.

3 hours ago, DarrellBricker said:

2 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

Ooooh.

2 hours ago, Oederland said:

Yes! This so much!

Just kidding. LEGO would never do that.

@rob-ot5000 I'm guessing you know the series? I would definitely believe that except your rank is "Original Prankster"… :wink:

Well... if this is indeed a series with 16 costumes then I'm worried/excited

First of all 16 costumes.... overkill much?

Second. Look what they did in the monsters series: Zombie Cheerleader? Rocker Monster? .... Im afraid they might pull something like that here. Maybe a recolor of previous costumes? Like an orange version of the S5 Lizard Man. Look what they did with "Orca" and Shark Suit Guy for the Batman Series.

Reuse could go either way on the great/lame scale. Orange Reptile Suit? Eh, that's not so good, Al. I think a tan recolor of the Chicken Suit could be nice, though. I think, however, that we SHOULD expect reuse.

Costume could mean dress-up, as in modern figs going to a party as figs of the past. I could envision the classic knights redone, with armor and shields printed with the original emblems and that fancy visor remade. Other classic figs remade with modern techniques.

Better yet, Lego designers, department heads, and head of the company, as figs in costume.

3 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

@rob-ot5000 I'm guessing you know the series? I would definitely believe that except your rank is "Original Prankster"… :wink:

Hahahahaha, that's hilarious! I got that title for pulling a prank on my friend. He hated the Nexo Knights theme, and was very vocal about it on the EB Nexo forums. So, at a New Year's party, I snuck out and put a Nexo Knights sticker on his car's bumper, took a photo, and posted it on the forums for all to see. It was fun :)  Thus the mods gave me my title.

And here I was worried that my signature would destroy my credibility.

4 hours ago, Cagast said:

... Except I mentioned all costume series in this thread?

Yet you say the correct theme is nowhere in this thread? Hopefully this just means that you missed this... and we are actually getting costume party. Right?

Ah, I must have missed that. Apologies!

14 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

If I had to say a guess, it would be re-issues, but in different styles.

Like, a Black Falcon, but new in style... or a new Johnny Thunder, but with a modern look.

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

That would be pretty much what they did with the Series 1 Forestman or the S16 Rogue, which are updated versions of the forestmen and wolfpack gang

Exactly.  They're already doing this.  They should definitely do more of this, though.

3 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

I'm guessing you know the series? I would definitely believe that except your rank is "Original Prankster"… :wink:

36 minutes ago, rob-ot5000 said:

Hahahahaha, that's hilarious! I got that title for pulling a prank on my friend. He hated the Nexo Knights theme, and was very vocal about it on the EB Nexo forums. So, at a New Year's party, I snuck out and put a Nexo Knights sticker on his car's bumper, took a photo, and posted it on the forums for all to see. It was fun :)  Thus the mods gave me my title.

And here I was worried that my signature would destroy my credibility.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was all a prank, considering the heinous prank that earned him the title.  But I trust him.

Should be interesting to see what costumes we get.  I'm hoping for a Dragon, and maybe a Lion or Falcon costume.  Castle factions as costumes would be better than no attention to Castle.

A giraffe like the one from Robert's designs would be good. How do we not have one already? Also elephant, mouse (this would be a kid), phone, pizza, chili pepper, any kind of bottle (well, except alcohol obviously), ice cream... 

Reuses/recolors of past costume molds are inevitable, but it's also hard to reuse most of them, like the banana or hot dog. Here's what I think they can reuse:

Lizard guy's head, but with wings instead of the tail (or a new piece whoch combines huge wings and a tail), can work perfectly for a dragon suit guy.

Panda costume's head can be used for a bear suit guy, recolored in brown.

Chicken can be recolored with rooster colors.

Bee suit girl's headpice in black/brown can be reused for an ant suit guy, with new arms.

They can do something with the hot dog as well, maybe change the sausage and sauce color.

There are typically at least ten new molds in each series, so I wouldn't be surprised if Lego decided to make sixteen exclusive new molds.  Think about it.  The only other thing that is really need from a costumed character is a face print, and those aren't usually super intricate, and they usually don't have an accessory, so....

Another prophecy came to be to true (it seems)

On 11/8/2016 at 0:19 PM, Robert8 said:

I don't love the licensed series, but I understand why they make them.

About another regular themed series..... Hmmm I don't see it happening.

Maybe maybe..... a series with 16 costumed characters, since they seem to be extremely popular

First Fun at the Park, and now this.... it's getting scary :laugh::look:

Wow 16 costumed characters? A lot of food and animals i guess. But i expect also aliencostumes (space) and monstercostumes (castle) that we can easily change into real aliens and monsters. And a random skateboard or surfboard. And a new dog.

And what about the series 19? Do they still have ideas for new costumed characters or has the well dried up? So many questions.

I do hope that i won't like them all, so i dont have to buy them all

12 hours ago, Cagast said:

Bee suit girl's headpice in black/brown can be reused for an ant suit guy, with new arms.

They could use the Stone Warrior/Lord Kozu double-torso for an Ant Suit.

I have wondered for a while if Lego would ever do a costume series. Those are typically the most popular figures in the standard CMF line. I'm amazed at how much people are willing to pay for some of the older ones like the Bunny suit from series 7 to the Hot Dog Guy in 13. If this is truly the case and we do get a full "costume series" I imagine it will be a huge hit.