19 hours ago, Tamas Juhasz said:

Sounds great! What kind of Porsches do you drive/race?

Have a Cayman S track focused. 

19 hours ago, dr_spock said:

Thanks for sharing.  It's interesting to see a Beetle there.

Well it was designed by Ferdinand before founding his own company

Was looking through the pics again.......I find out interesting that in the showroom there are cutaway shots,  like @Blakbird's renders, and also belly shots of porsches.......just like we have all become so accustomed to showing on this forum.....

I enjoyed reading this report, looks like you had a good time and credit to Porsche for allowing you such access.

H

Wow, this is an amazing prize package for a LEGO contest.  You really got the VIP treatment.  I am very happy to see all the good times you had.

2 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Was looking through the pics again.......I find out interesting that in the showroom there are cutaway shots,  like @Blakbird's renders, and also belly shots of porsches.......just like we have all become so accustomed to showing on this forum.....

Yeah everybody copies me, even Porsche.  Technic boxes have started to use this kind of image as well.  I'm sure a check is in the mail in gratitude for my ideas.  :sweet:

2 hours ago, Blakbird said:

Wow, this is an amazing prize package for a LEGO contest.  You really got the VIP treatment.  I am very happy to see all the good times you had.

Yeah everybody copies me, even Porsche.  Technic boxes have started to use this kind of image as well.  I'm sure a check is in the mail in gratitude for my ideas.  :sweet:

Yes, that is exactly what think is going on as well.....:wink:

Thanks for this report! Sounds like quite the trip you got treated to!

...I pass right by the Porsche museum by train every day on my way to work (literally, there's a train station right behind it, and the side of the museum facing the station has some windows to workshops in the basement where you can often see old cars that are being restored). But oddly enough, I've never visited it (yet).

I'm absolutely speechless. You really did an incredible job building the 962 and going on this trip! The 962 looks spectacular next to the GT3 RS. 

Thank you very much for taking the effort to share your fantastic trip with us.

Your model is very good, you deserved to win.

This report and the excellent photos make me want to visit the museum myself.

What an awesome report! I really enjoyed it, your photos took me there too, very well done. Amazing prize on behalf of Lego and Porsche, grats!

A very interesting read! Thank you. 

It is great that the prize went to someone fully able to appreciate it. Congratulations.

Thankyou very much for sharing the journey after your win. It's a wonderful report and the photos are excellent! It's obvious that you were very enthusiastic about the opportunity you were given and it's great to see inside the museum a little as well.

Hi Tamas,

first of all great trip review and I'm very sorry that I've managed to congratulate you so late. I have just one question - did you have a closeup photo of (my favorite Little bastard) Porsche 550 Spyder? 

Thank you!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

On 2017. 03. 06. at 2:03 PM, Seasider said:

Well it was designed by Ferdinand before founding his own company

Yes, Professor Porsche worked more non-Porsche projects, than Porsche. He died only a bit later (1951), when the first (Nr 1. 356) Porsche was produced in 1948. The Beetle is the most famous, but he designed a lot of german tanks, including Tiger 1. Among his works we find also Mercedes-Benz, S, SS, SSK types. (I often found his name in tanks, I have a non-technic project, too: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/100891-moc-mini-tanks-from-ww1-and-ww2/ )

On 2017. 03. 06. at 4:25 PM, nerdsforprez said:

Yes, I felt familiar with the interesting shots, it really makes the exhibition more impressive, and more informative.

On 2017. 03. 06. at 7:07 PM, Blakbird said:

It was really well-organized. It wasn't planned, but when we were on the guided museum tour, only a really few other visitors were there. Because of this, I felt sometimes, the whole museum is only open for us. :laugh:

On 2017. 03. 07. at 6:22 AM, atomic80 said:

I'm absolutely speechless. You really did an incredible job building the 962 and going on this trip! The 962 looks spectacular next to the GT3 RS. 

Thank you, at home, I'm planning to make a similar showcase plexi box for my model too, so I'll have two of them together. Or maybe from glass, to prevent scratches when cleaning.

On 2017. 03. 07. at 2:49 PM, braker23 said:

What an awesome report! I really enjoyed it, your photos took me there too, very well done. Amazing prize on behalf of Lego and Porsche, grats!

Thanks, I enjoyed writing it, and it's really great to see that so many people felt like they were there, too. This community is a great audience! :classic:

6 hours ago, I_Igor said:

first of all great trip review and I'm very sorry that I've managed to congratulate you so late. I have just one question - did you have a closeup photo of (my favorite Little bastard) Porsche 550 Spyder? 

thanks, and as you wish, here you can find all the high resolution photos:

http://bricksafe.com/files/Tamas_Juhasz/lego-technic-porsche-contest-first-prize-trip-to-stuttgart-germany/316.JPG
http://bricksafe.com/pages/Tamas_Juhasz/lego-technic-porsche-contest-first-prize-trip-to-stuttgart-germany
And the same with image numbers at the end of the link: 318, 319, 320, 322, 324, 326, 328 - I have 8 photos from 550 spyder, it's a Carrera Panamericana racer. Fortunately it was showcased in museum, it's among my favourites, too. Maybe I'll build one in the future.

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

Edited by Tamas Juhasz

1 hour ago, Tamas Juhasz said:

Yes, Professor Porsche worked more non-Porsche projects, than Porsche. He died only a bit later (1951), when the first (Nr 1. 356) Porsche was produced in 1948. The Beetle is the most famous, but he designed a lot of german tanks, including Tiger 1. Among his works we find also Mercedes-Benz, S, SS, SSK types. (I often found his name in tanks, I have a non-technic project, too: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/100891-moc-mini-tanks-from-ww1-and-ww2/ )

Yes, I felt familiar with the interesting shots, it really makes the exhibition more impressive, and more informative.

It was really well-organized. It wasn't planned, but when we were on the guided museum tour, only a really few other visitors were there. Because of this, I felt sometimes, the whole museum is only open for us. :laugh:

Thank you, at home, I'm planning to make a similar showcase plexi box for my model too, so I'll have two of them together. Or maybe from glass, to prevent scratches when cleaning.

Thanks, I enjoyed writing it, and it's really great to see that so many people felt like they were there, too. This community is a great audience! :classic:

thanks, and as you wish, here you can find all the high resolution photos:

http://bricksafe.com/files/Tamas_Juhasz/lego-technic-porsche-contest-first-prize-trip-to-stuttgart-germany/316.JPG
http://bricksafe.com/pages/Tamas_Juhasz/lego-technic-porsche-contest-first-prize-trip-to-stuttgart-germany
And the same with image numbers at the end of the link: 318, 319, 320, 322, 324, 326, 328 - I have 8 photos from 550 spyder, it's a Carrera Panamericana racer. Fortunately it was showcased in museum, it's among my favourites, too. Maybe I'll build one in the future.

Wow, that is what sports car is about. Sporty feeling on the first place, light, agile and reasonable powerfull. 

I'm looking forward to see your 550 Spyder (I assume 94.3 - Unimog tires will be a solution). Kind regards neighbour and thanks again for great photos

:thumbup:

This is great.  
I don't know if I am a bigger fan of Porsche or LEGO.

I didn't compete, but followed the contest with great interest, prize well deserved. Thanks for sharing the experience.

WOW! This sounds like so much fun! The photos were enlightening. Car museums can be delightful. Thanks for sharing your story so we could experience a bit of what you did while there. And a big congratulations on building such a fine model. So glad your father could make the trip with you. 

WOW! This sounds like so much fun! The photos were enlightening. Car museums can be delightful. Thanks for sharing your story so we could experience a bit of what you did while there. And a big congratulations on building such a fine model. So glad your father could make the trip with you.