makoy

[MOD] Temple of Airjitzu full pagoda

The quick way to modify this into 1 enclosed building is by getting 2 of this set and just mirror half of the building but you'll end up not using too many parts. I just bought the parts I need from Bricklink. All the parts I used to enclose the building costed less than 1/5 the price of the set. However,  I don't like the red ornaments on the roof so I also modified them. Overall, the additional parts needed for this modification costed around 1/4 the price of the set. 

Each floor has  'hole' in the middle for future light setup which I'll probably do when I'm done creating the additional foliage and landscape for this. In the meantime, here are the pictures:

Front view

33085811822_968dea1f2b_c.jpg

Back view

33085813612_2bca8cc607_c.jpg

3/4 profile view - right

33085814002_1b157585e5_c.jpg

3/4 profile view - left

33085813032_4b9b84bea0_c.jpg

Neat!

Is there any way to access the interior (removable floors, etc.)? Or is this just for displaying the exterior alone?

10 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Neat!

Is there any way to access the interior (removable floors, etc.)? Or is this just for displaying the exterior alone?

The only way to access the interior is to remove each floor.  I reduced the clutch power of each floor by reducing the number of studs attached to each level so that it is easier to remove again in the future.  It's mainly for display so I don't need to access the interior that often.

Nice! You have managed to achieve a full pagoda and the effect is completely awesome. I didn't expect you can BL these parts in order to fill those gaps completely. Well played indeed. 

Just now, WhiteFang said:

Nice! You have managed to achieve a full pagoda and the effect is completely awesome. I didn't expect you can BL these parts in order to fill those gaps completely. Well played indeed. 

I almost bought another set to complete fully enclose the building but as I mentioned it's really more cost effective to just BL them. Except for the printed windows, all the parts are quite common... I think. I didn't have a hard time finding them 2 months ago.

That looks really good!

I actually wouldn't mind removing one building in favor of a full temple, but that's just me. Actually, I'd remove both buildings and raise the price to $400 to get only the show-accurate version (multiple rooms, indoor stairs, etc.)

Edited by gamejutzu

Beautiful, lots of detail and very pleasing on the eye. Actually, it looks like it came straight out of Age of Empires :P 

Very nice! The roof really looks impressive when finished on all sides. Though there is a part of me that wishes you could have extended the porch and railing around to the back. Currently when viewed from the side it looks a tad bit imbalanced, and when viewed from the back there is some very slight ledge space that feels under-utilized. Also, for some reason, in the back view pic, one of the back walls of the lower floor is pushed in more than the other? I'm not sure whether that was accidental or intentional.

I would love to see more photos once you have it illuminated!

18 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

Very nice! The roof really looks impressive when finished on all sides. Though there is a part of me that wishes you could have extended the porch and railing around to the back. Currently when viewed from the side it looks a tad bit imbalanced, and when viewed from the back there is some very slight ledge space that feels under-utilized. Also, for some reason, in the back view pic, one of the back walls of the lower floor is pushed in more than the other? I'm not sure whether that was accidental or intentional.

I would love to see more photos once you have it illuminated!

Thanks for your comments. You have a very keen eye for details. Yes, that part at the back should have been pushed out 1 stud more but at this moment I care more on the roof than the walls.

It is imbalanced... no way that it will look balanced with the default base so I am planning to further enhance the base of the building or completely remove the shadow puppet theatre.