16 hours ago, Lucio Switch said:

What a memory! I envy you!:laugh:

Thanks for the reminder...seems that it worked 

Indeed it worked :grin:. Your welcome and keep building :thumbup:

BTW the suspended cab causes "wow" effect! Very well done! You bring lego building to the new level!

big for sure. When I'm finished one of your Moc's I have to take them apart so I can continue building but they are awesome to build....thanks again for the instructions!!!

Love that one also. I am currenly in file 3. I had made a miscount, and mis 1 3L liftarm. Use another color instead untill the orderd one comes in. I like the shockabsorber solution. There are a lot in the cranetruck, but money wise it saves a lot..

On 25-7-2017 at 0:31 PM, JDL1967 said:

Love that one also. I am currenly in file 3. I had made a miscount, and mis 1 3L liftarm. Use another color instead untill the orderd one comes in. I like the shockabsorber solution. There are a lot in the cranetruck, but money wise it saves a lot..

Currently in file 10 now. So 4 to go. If this one is ready, i have 3 of your moc's. The tracktortruck, dumptruck and the cranetruck. Like blakbird sayd, it is totaly differend then the dumptruck. If i am ready with the build, i will post a picture of all 3 trucks together.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

7 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Where do you find the money space for all those? :tongue: 

Since a few months i have my own lego/hobby room.. and the parts i collected over the years..

800x600.jpg

I've always been a big fan of BIG lego models so when I saw this beast I knew one thing for sure, I had to build it. I already owned about 94% of all the parts but didn't want to sacrifice any existing set so I decided to buy every piece new from bricklink and every PF (Motors, LEDs, extensions, LIPO battery, charger) directly from TLG. This way the MOC always stays 100% complete without having the need to disassemble any other set.

Luckily I could convince my girlfriend I had to confiscate the dining table for about 2 weeks because there was NO WAY this could have been build on a small desk (at least not within the same amount of time). After you connect the front of the chassis with the rear part of the model it became so large i had to put it next to me on a chair to assemble the rest of it.

At the picture you can see the starting phase of the build and about a third of the parts (the reds, the specials, and some refill bags) weren't even on the table yet because there were needed last and just couldn't fit. Well technically it could fit if you have a LEGO OCD where you want to allign everything perfectly but luckily I don't :)

During the build my jaw did drop a few times on the table especially when you add the separate building stages together and finally seeing the sheer size of the MOC. The whole model  is perfectly designed and very rigid. I honestly expected some difficuly building steps along the way because a MOC doesn't have to follow the "LEGO building rules" and should be foolproof. But the whole building process was very logical, made sense and was easy to follow. It really approached the real LEGO quality standard of building. My sincere compliments to you Lucio!

I did however find some small flaws in the instructions and the part list.

Part 99008 Technic, Axle 4 with Center Stop is included 7 times instead of 3 times. (4x in the XL transmission and 3x in the rear differentials.)
Part 99021 Pneumatic Hose Connector with Axle Connector is included 26 times instead of 24. The pneumatic overview also contains 26 times this item.

A minor flaw in the instructions: booklet 14, page 14. The channels of the IR TR don't match with the channels set on the IR RC according to the BI. This is only minor because it's easily adjustable.

I finished the build but I'm still waiting for the last bricklink package which contains the wheels. I have attached my 4 unimog wheels for testing but it can't handle the weight of the vehicle so it is unable to drive and steer correctly unfortunatly :( Just waiting in patience.. 

Once again, my compliments to Lucio! It was a pleasure to build your MOC. 

PS. A small tip if you are gathering the parts. The red 3x11 plate is VERY rare (only 3 shops worldwide on bricklink with stock and very pricy)but it can easily be exchanged with a combination of red beams (3L, 5L and 7L).

2017-08-08 19.05.34.jpg

On 14-8-2017 at 0:11 PM, Freezer118 said:

I've always been a big fan of BIG lego models so when I saw this beast I knew one thing for sure, I had to build it. I already owned about 94% of all the parts but didn't want to sacrifice any existing set so I decided to buy every piece new from bricklink and every PF (Motors, LEDs, extensions, LIPO battery, charger) directly from TLG. This way the MOC always stays 100% complete without having the need to disassemble any other set.

Thanks for your feedback!! I'm currently in holidays, when I come back I'll check your suggestions!!

I'm happy that you enjoyed it!

P.S. I can't see your last posted pic.

Edited by Jim
Shortened the quote

12 hours ago, Freezer118 said:

The final result!

Hope you don't mind me asking, but do you have any idea how much it cost to buy all of the parts new???!  I know it's well out of my price range but I'm interested to know. We should run a sweepstake - I'm going to say £700.00

14 hours ago, Paknaloid said:

Hope you don't mind me asking, but do you have any idea how much it cost to buy all of the parts new???!  I know it's well out of my price range but I'm interested to know. We should run a sweepstake - I'm going to say £700.00

If I split the total costs it would be:

Bricks: 900 euro
PF: 600 euro
Sbricks: 120 euro
Hoses: 40 euro
S&H: 80 euro

Which brings it to a total of 1740 euro. Yes, it's a lot of money but I hope it has some resell value because I can sell it 100% complete without having to remove any components belonging to other sets.

Edited by Freezer118

Yikes, I was way off! Doesn't matter how much it is or resale value, if you can afford it then why not! I'm jealous, I'd love to build this one 

On 14/8/2017 at 0:11 PM, Freezer118 said:

I did however find some small flaws in the instructions and the part list.

Part 99008 Technic, Axle 4 with Center Stop is included 7 times instead of 3 times. (4x in the XL transmission and 3x in the rear differentials.)
Part 99021 Pneumatic Hose Connector with Axle Connector is included 26 times instead of 24. The pneumatic overview also contains 26 times this item.

A minor flaw in the instructions: booklet 14, page 14. The channels of the IR TR don't match with the channels set on the IR RC according to the BI. This is only minor because it's easily adjustable.

The PL on Rebrickable is updated with your suggestions.
About the IR channels, if I'm not wrong again, the right sequence should be 4-3-1-2 instead of 1-2-4-3. Can you confirm it?

This is correct.

On 31-8-2017 at 11:24 AM, Lucio Switch said:

The PL on Rebrickable is updated with your suggestions.
About the IR channels, if I'm not wrong again, the right sequence should be 4-3-1-2 instead of 1-2-4-3. Can you confirm it?

Hello guys! 
Finally, I finished the construction of this brilliant truck!

Whoa! That was most difficult and complex build in my life :wub:
37400831426_65e8eb65b4_c.jpg

37417510462_d788cd7df4_c.jpg

Except some changes in colorscheme, the only differences between my version and Lucio's one:
Correct castor angle (slightly positive), full RC functions via smartphone (2x SBrick + Buwizz) and 2x Servo replaced by 2x L-motor with clutch gear (like in Madoka's 8x8 Tatra). All other features are the same and they work like in original truck. 

Here is video test of driving with Buwizz (4x XL-motor connected to two different outputs) 

Hope you like my little MOD :blush:

On 03.10.2017 at 1:42 PM, Boulderer said:

I love the lighting in the photos.

Either do I :thumbup:

If anyone is interested: my complete version of the Crane Truck is for sale. I had great fun building this truck but it's time to move on the a new owner. It will be sold including motors, remotes, sbricks, batteries but excluding the manual which can be sold directly from Lucio's website since it's not my intelectual property. Location: The Netherlands.

PM me if your interested.