Aaron Morse

Des Moines Class Heavy Cruiser WIP

Wow looks huge! Where are you sourcing so much grey from? haha Interested in seeing how this goes!

Oh Ive been collecting for years and years.  I've got massive amounts of Lego.  Mostly from either private purchases or from Bricklink.com.    I figure this will be about 19-20 feet long.  5 sections total. Bow section is pretty secure now.  I moved it the floor and am working on the next section.  (Mind you the first section isnt complete.... just its sides and the support structure.)

Wow man, this is quite impressive. Reminds me of this tv show I saw once where a guy built a kit car in his house and when he finished he found he couldn't get it out. 

HA!  And that why its being built in sections...  if you look at the above pic.  You can see there is a break between the completed first section and the incomplete 2nd.  :)

Epic! I don't have the space for something like this, so I will live vicariously through you if you don't mind :)

This is looking really awesome Aaron. :wub: 
Welcome back by-the-way. :cry_happy: 
It seems a little less piratey that what you've worked on in the past. :pir-grin: 

Do you plan to show this vessel at any Lego conventions?

Great job! I can't wait to see how this progresses. I love the hull shape. Any way to get some close ups of the bow construction?

A 2-year bump! Excellent work, great detail. I'm in awe of its size - how large will it be when it's finished? How many pieces do you estimate will be in the completed model?