VaderFan2187

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Movie Discussion

I can't be the only one hyped for this movie, right? :laugh:

Here are all the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 trailers:

It looks like it's going to be a movie that's frickin' awesome! (only he didn't use frickin…)

Here is a thread where we can discuss the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 film! :classic::thumbup:

I'm so convinced that the shot of Mantis in the newest trailer takes place on

Ego the Living Planet

simply because the whole structure around her was moving

Edited by Quicksilver838

I'm super excited for this movie! Can't wait!!!!! 

It seems the image for the second trailer has copied my profile.....or was it the other way round?  XD

13 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I'm so convinced that the shot of Mantis in the newest trailer takes place on

Reveal hidden contents

Ego the Living Planet

simply because the whole structure around her was moving

Spoiler

well given that Ego is the one who raised Mantis, that is a safe bet.

Edited by GallardoLU

Spoilers from the movie thanks to Lego's sets descriptions

Spoiler

Prepare to fire the six-stud shooter at Taserface’s M-ship! Rocket and Mantis might have crash landed on the forest-planet, but they’ve built a powerful weapon from the Milano’s wreckage to fend off the Ravagers. Take cover from the M-ship’s stud shooters in the forest, then launch a counter-attack with Rocket's guns in this epic Guardians of the Galaxy adventure!

RIP Milano

Spoiler

Ayesha is attacking Star-Lord with her remote-controlled Golden Drone spaceship! Fly Yondu in the Laser Drill to the rescue and fire its powerful spring-loaded missile at the red cliff, and send Ayesha tumbling over the edge. Together the Guardians of the Galaxy Super Heroes can win!

RIP Ayesha

And an interview with Chris Pratt about the film.

http://www.slashfilm.com/chris-pratt-guardians-2-interview/?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_1454858

Food for thought? Or discussion?

1 hour ago, JACKATTACKS said:

Spoilers from the movie thanks to Lego's sets descriptions

Hide contents

Prepare to fire the six-stud shooter at Taserface’s M-ship! Rocket and Mantis might have crash landed on the forest-planet, but they’ve built a powerful weapon from the Milano’s wreckage to fend off the Ravagers. Take cover from the M-ship’s stud shooters in the forest, then launch a counter-attack with Rocket's guns in this epic Guardians of the Galaxy adventure!

RIP Milano

Hide contents

Ayesha is attacking Star-Lord with her remote-controlled Golden Drone spaceship! Fly Yondu in the Laser Drill to the rescue and fire its powerful spring-loaded missile at the red cliff, and send Ayesha tumbling over the edge. Together the Guardians of the Galaxy Super Heroes can win!

RIP Ayesha

And an interview with Chris Pratt about the film.

http://www.slashfilm.com/chris-pratt-guardians-2-interview/?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_1454858

Food for thought? Or discussion?

If you think back to exactly how accurate the movie sets are, I.E. Vision waking up to fight Ultron alongside Iron Man on the highway... didn't happen. Ronan at any point in the first Guardians riding on a Sakaaran ship to battle the Milano... didn't happen. Iron Man vs Mandarin on a buggy... say no more

LEGO isn't going to spoil the film before it comes out, these stories are just little things set up for kids, so they know what the battle is about whilst playing with the set. It doesn't have to be accurate, it has to be playful

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

If you think back to exactly how accurate the movie sets are, I.E. Vision waking up to fight Ultron alongside Iron Man on the highway... didn't happen. Ronan at any point in the first Guardians riding on a Sakaaran ship to battle the Milano... didn't happen. Iron Man vs Mandarin on a buggy... say no more

LEGO isn't going to spoil the film before it comes out, these stories are just little things set up for kids, so they know what the battle is about whilst playing with the set. It doesn't have to be accurate, it has to be playful

Good point! Iron man vs Mandarin - the brings back memories of a pretty ridiculous set!

So the movie is out for some, feel free to discuss here! Though please use spoiler tags as many (including me) haven't seen it :)

Oh heck do we really need a separate discussion for this film? We already have an MCU chat going on to discuss MCU films and tv, and Guardians is very much a part of the MCU! This feels super redundant to me. 

I saw it yesterday and despite some 'cartoony' moments it was an excellent sequel. No complaints whatsoever. Too bad Lego didn't make Ego :/
I was going to skip the sets but I have to get the 2 smallest sets.

On 4/28/2017 at 1:41 PM, Cammo said:

I saw it yesterday and despite some 'cartoony' moments it was an excellent sequel. No complaints whatsoever. Too bad Lego didn't make Ego :/
I was going to skip the sets but I have to get the 2 smallest sets.

Exactly my thought the hole time during the movie. Where on Terra was Ego.... But ya excellent movie and an amazing sequel! 

I thoroughly enjoyed it, Baby Groot! Seeing Watcher(followed up by several others was cool). But man, did I hate what they did with Ego. It was an interesting, yet false, way to introduce the Celestials. Most of all...Quill's dad. Stupid. Peter is not(well, was now...) a god. They completely screwed his lineage. Not to mention his middle name. I'm sure the studio had their reasons...but I can't stand it. Pretty bummed there was no Thanos...or an introduction of Nova(could've used a credit scene for a tease). Also, looks like we now know when the final Infinity Stone will appear, although it may be a while...

Honestly, I was very underwhelmed. There were plenty of good moments, but I felt like the whole movie was lacking, which is a shame, because the first one was my favorite Marvel movie. I felt like a lot of the humor fell flat, and it took so long to establish "real" conflict: I could tell the early opponents weren't going to be the "main" antagonist, which in turn, made things a smidgen too predictable when things turned out the way they did. I did particularly like Yondu's fight scene (you know the one), and there were some very good character moments too. However, the post-climax scene felt overblown. And while the cameos in the first movie were surprising and fun, here, they felt too heavy-handed. Stan's cameo was pretty meta, and I applaud that though.

I really enjoyed it. It wasn't that good as the first one, true. But i liked those stupid geeky jokes (well mostly anyways), plus i saw a whole lot of new players in the field. When I first heard about Ego being a human(oid) i cringed, but seeing him like this in the movie it made sense, and i like that we saw him as a planet too (just like the comics). Seeing the more comicstyle fin on Yondu also made me happy, as well as seeing some other old comic characters as Martinex and Starhawk and some other guardians.