Veynom

[MOC] In the meantime, on Scarif...

Here is a small MOC depicting one of the numerous landing platforms disseminated on Scarif with a bunker entry leading somewhere. Director Krennic is performing a surprise inspection.

And a few more details:
32804560740_6d60a5aa50_c.jpg
Landing Platform - Storage Area by Veynom, on Flickr

Some creativity around storage and equipment available around the platform.

Re-using one of my AA turrets as a way to provide anti-air defense:
32371816003_792a80dc11_c.jpg
Landing Platform - AA Battery by Veynom, on Flickr

And a ground view:
33030396912_c9fe210740_c.jpg
In the meantime, on Scarif... by Veynom, on Flickr

Comments welcome.

Hello, Veynom!

This is fantastic, great use of the 16x16 plate, I would never have thought of doing this myself! The mixture between new gray and old gray is great too, it looks weathered like it would become in the terrain of Scarif!

Kind regards, Ellis.

Just now, Ellisss_2 said:

Hello, Veynom!

This is fantastic, great use of the 16x16 plate, I would never have thought of doing this myself! The mixture between new gray and old gray is great too, it looks weathered like it would become in the terrain of Scarif!

Kind regards, Ellis.

Thank you.

But actually, this is a 32x32 plate. :)

I like it! I've always wanted to try something similar myself after TLGs poor attempt, and you might have just motivated me!

Very nice build, how did you do the landing pad? Did you simply elevate a baseplate?

23 hours ago, ChiefPie said:

Very nice! Did you base the speeder design after the one in the mandalorian battlepack?

Absolutely. Recolouring it and adding a couple of details.

16 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Very nice build, how did you do the landing pad? Did you simply elevate a baseplate?

Yes. I also extended the surface, to break the recognizable shape and tiled it for consistency.

Thank you all for the very nice comments.

This is...um...fantastic!  Far better than 75171 "Battle on Scarif," and I love that it's not just a MOD, you built this from the ground up! :thumbup:  It's a very neat, detailed, evocative MOC.  My favorite part is the roof of the bunker, which is now much more imposing.  Do you have any pictures of the interior?

"Are we blind?  Deploy the garrison!  MOVE!"  :vader:

Looks great. First thing that stood out to me was the roof on the bunker.... reminded me of Jurassic Park. 

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 0:25 AM, strider117 said:

Man I just love this. Especially all the different crates and such

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 0:52 AM, JACKATTACKS said:

This is top notch! I love how you incorporated all the different containers and bombs!

I can tell you that even when you have a large stock of parts, it is not easy to reproduce the orange crates, mainly because of the modified plates. Quite a rare element. I had more fun inventing the bombs (on the left, with the orange 1x1 tiles). Common parts, easy creation.

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 5:27 AM, RogueTwo said:

This is...um...fantastic!  Far better than 75171 "Battle on Scarif," and I love that it's not just a MOD, you built this from the ground up! :thumbup:  It's a very neat, detailed, evocative MOC.  My favorite part is the roof of the bunker, which is now much more imposing.  Do you have any pictures of the interior?

"Are we blind?  Deploy the garrison!  MOVE!"  :vader:

I will post additional pictures of the interior very soon.