Kai NRG

(Ch V-A) We're On Top!

Side: Eslandola
Scene: A gnarled tree in the suburbs of Kingsport.

32794012530_506e45c306.jpg

Enter Captain Argentum and Lady Cora, daughter of a top Terraversan General.

We%27re%20On%20Top%20%2814%29.jpg

Narrator: Captain Argentum, of anti-Oleon fame, had occasion some time since to stop at the city of Kingsport.  Personal affairs - trust me, you don't want to know more than that.
While in Terraversa, the Captain chanced to meet Lady Cora.  As far as intentions were concerned, he made up his mind right off.  But the actual proposal was another matter.  Captain Argentum is nothing if not original, and he wracked his brain for weeks before he decided exactly how he would pop that all important question.

Captain Argentum: So - I have a question for you, but first I wanted to say really quickly - see, saying yes is so boring.  Everyone says the same thing (I mean, unless they say no: but you aren't supposed to say no; I haven't got a plan B).  But saying yes is... wait.  Let me start again.  I'll just say it fast: yes is a boring answer so I'll take silence for consent.  Deal?
Lady Cora: blankly But... what's the question?

Narrator: In a truly impressive feat of swordsmanship, Captain Argentum drew his foil with one hand, threw a ring into the air with the other, and caught the ring on the tip of the foil dexterously.  In doing so, however, he passed dangerously near to Lady Cora's nose, causing Lady Cora to promptly faint away.  

We%27re%20On%20Top%20%288%29.jpg

That however - if he had but known it - was the least of bold Captain Argentum's troubles.  Because, unfortunately, Mardier isn't interested in an alliance between a Kingsport General and an Eslandian Captain.

We%27re%20On%20Top%20%2811%29.jpg

Fortunately, Eslandola is well aware that Mardier isn't interested in alliances between Kingsport and Nova Terreli.

We%27re%20On%20Top%20%285%29.jpg

Unfortunately, Mardier knows that Eslandola is well aware that Mardier isn't interested in alliances between Kingsport and Nova Terreli.

We%27re%20On%20Top%20%286%29.jpg

Fortunately, Eslandola's spies have informed them that Mardier knows that Eslandola is well aware that Mardier isn't interested in alliances between Kingsport and Nova Terreli.

We%27re%20On%20Top%20%2813%29.jpg

Unfortunately, Mardier's top secret agents are really up to things.  They know full well that Eslandola's spies have informed them that Mardier knows that Eslandola is well aware that Mardier isn't interested in alliances between Kingsport and Nova Terreli.

We%27re%20On%20Top%20%287%29.jpg

But fortunately, we're on top.

We%27re%20On%20Top%20%2810%29.jpg

Of course, with so many bullets flying around, there's no saying that our oblivious bride and her overly-innovative groom will make it out alive anyways... but let's hope for the best.

The whole build:

We%27re%20On%20Top%20%289%29.jpg

32361074603_d0c88133cf.jpg

We%27re%20On%20Top%20%282%29.jpg

We%27re%20On%20Top%20%284%29.jpg

A few more pictures!

We%27re%20On%20Top%20%2812%29.jpg

We%27re%20On%20Top%20%2816%29%20%28381x500%29.jpg

We%27re%20On%20Top%20%283%29.jpg

This was a pretty fun build, by far the tallest tree of this sort that I've built yet!  The lime green was kind of out on a limb but I think it worked fairly well; plays into the lighthearted comic feel I was going for with the story.  Fun stuff anyhow!

Edited by Kai NRG

Fantastic. Will take my time and read it tomorrow, but I really have to leave this comment here immediately: Fantastic!

This is a really fun build. I now know that Eslandola knows that Mardier knows full well that Eslandola's spies have informed them that Mardier knows that Eslandola is well aware that Mardier isn't interested in alliances between Kingsport and Nova Terreli. The posing is fun and that tree definitely meets the description of gnarly. Good job and I hope to hear that the bride and groom survived.

Great build.  I love the base and the tree itself is very creative.  The story is great along with the figures.  Overall fantastic job.

On 2/28/2017 at 5:46 PM, Elostirion said:

Fantastic. Will take my time and read it tomorrow, but I really have to leave this comment here immediately: Fantastic!

Thanks Elostirion!  This was a fun build - fun to brainstorm for too. :pir-grin:  I got my Mom into the discussion - she's a great source for wacky ideas... the poor couple was almost stranded on an island with a pirate officiating the ceremony... :pir_tong2:

On 2/28/2017 at 7:17 PM, SilentWolf said:

This is a really fun build. I now know that Eslandola knows that Mardier knows full well that Eslandola's spies have informed them that Mardier knows that Eslandola is well aware that Mardier isn't interested in alliances between Kingsport and Nova Terreli. The posing is fun and that tree definitely meets the description of gnarly. Good job and I hope to hear that the bride and groom survived.

:pir-laugh:  Just keep that in mind, and always build Eslandola! :pir-grin:  Thanks SilentWolf!

On 2/28/2017 at 11:10 PM, zoth33 said:

Great build.  I love the base and the tree itself is very creative.  The story is great along with the figures.  Overall fantastic job.

Thank you!  I tried to see if I couldn't use some brown pieces that you wouldn't normally think of as tree parts!

Hah, Kai - you had me smiling for the duration of the read, a smile that lingered afterwards! Although a bit comical in concept, it is very nicely executed and one of my favourite builds of this category! :pir-blush:

The tree and landscaping both are well done, and I like details like the root protruding through the ground. The foilage and the use of a bucket upside down are great, and you have packed a lot of spies into that tree! Well done! :pir-grin:

On 3/2/2017 at 11:25 AM, Bregir said:

Hah, Kai - you had me smiling for the duration of the read, a smile that lingered afterwards! Although a bit comical in concept, it is very nicely executed and one of my favourite builds of this category! :pir-blush:

The tree and landscaping both are well done, and I like details like the root protruding through the ground. The foilage and the use of a bucket upside down are great, and you have packed a lot of spies into that tree! Well done! :pir-grin:

:pir-grin:  Thanks Bregir!  The sprawling roots on these kinds of trees are actually pretty fun to do... this is my second or third attempt I think, and I managed to get considerably taller than usual!

On 3/4/2017 at 4:02 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

I have a slight feeling that I misunderstood this part of the challenge...

Anyway: fine crowded tree!

:pir-look:  Well, as long as you understand that Eslandola wins no matter what, you know all you need to! :pir-grin:  Thanks!

Haha, funny! :pir-tongue:

Beautiful build too. The tree, the irregular base, the posing, the colors - all look great. The birds are cute too. Too bad the lady fainted and missed all the treetop action...

Good work. :thumbup:

On 3/18/2017 at 8:35 PM, Captain Dee said:

Haha, funny! :pir-tongue:

Beautiful build too. The tree, the irregular base, the posing, the colors - all look great. The birds are cute too. Too bad the lady fainted and missed all the treetop action...

Good work. :thumbup:

Thanks Captain Dee!  :pir-grin:

The birds are really great... The tree base is great too, That's a lot of parts turned up and down and upside down :grin: you certainly have lots of bricks modified with studs on sides

Firstly, my apologies Kai, this is fantastic, definitely one of my favourite 5A entries and I absolutely should have commented before now!

The build itself is really good, I always struggle with large trees but you have nailed this one - also the irregular base is very well executed.

But what really makes this is the story, well written (as usual), it actually had me chuckling out loud a few times - and kept me guessing until the end (in retrospect your title should have given me a clue to the ending!)

Like I said, one of my favourite 5A entries! Well done!

On 3/22/2017 at 6:31 AM, Professor Thaum said:

The birds are really great... The tree base is great too, That's a lot of parts turned up and down and upside down :grin: you certainly have lots of bricks modified with studs on sides

Thanks Professor Thaum!  I consider SNOT (studs-not-on-top) pieces to be about the most useful in my LEGO collection! :grin:

On 3/25/2017 at 6:55 PM, Ayrlego said:

Firstly, my apologies Kai, this is fantastic, definitely one of my favourite 5A entries and I absolutely should have commented before now!

The build itself is really good, I always struggle with large trees but you have nailed this one - also the irregular base is very well executed.

But what really makes this is the story, well written (as usual), it actually had me chuckling out loud a few times - and kept me guessing until the end (in retrospect your title should have given me a clue to the ending!)

Like I said, one of my favourite 5A entries! Well done!

Thanks Ayrlego!  Glad you like it so much!  Large trees are indeed a challenge in themselves... I've built many a dismal failure of a tree before, trust me... :pir-laugh: