SilentWolf

[COR - FB] Before we get married

Time: 18th of January, 617 A.E., one week prior to Micah and Elizabeth's wedding

32329048414_06579941b2_c.jpg

Elizabeth and Micah had been busy decorating the house for the upcoming wedding and preparing decorations that couldn't be placed out yet. Elizabeth had been acting worried most of the day, and finally she worked up the nerve to tell Micah why. 

"Micah, while you were away on your adventures I did something in secret that I feel you should know about prior to us being married."

"What is it, dear? What did you do?" Micah asked trying to contain his concern.  

Sighing Elizabeth said, "It is probably best if I show you."

She left the room and returned a few minutes later carrying several weapons which she placed on the dining table. 

33017567782_5a5bffda1c_c.jpg

"I went out and bought all these weapons, then I went to a local school and learned how to fence and shoot. The instructor said I progressed very well, and he recommended I go to another instructor, a lady named Hannah. She has been instructing me for the last 4 months. I wanted you to know before we got married that I had gone out and done such a very unladylike thing."

Micah was relieved that this was the worst thing that she had on her mind one week before the marriage. "Elizabeth, dear, I do not find what you did offensive in the slightest. In the polite societies of Belson it may be said that ladies never learn the art of weaponry. However, in the unsettled lands to the East it is good for a woman to know how to defend herself. In fact, I know several women who have taken to exploring the lands to the East. I have even heard rumors that Queen Annetta practices with pistol in her living chambers. I am proud that you had taken the initiative in this, and only regret that my travels have prevented you from telling me prior to now."

"There is one more thing. My instructor, Hannah, wishes to travel with us to the East after our marriage. She and several of her students wish to put their skills to work in the new settlements and islands. I told her that I would speak to you about that. I know the space is limited upon the Soupfish, but if it is possible I ask that we would accommodate them."

"As friends of yours, I will consider your request most seriously. Now, in regard to our sailing east, we..."

Some other shots of the Griffin's house. 

32791780190_fd98a3001c_c.jpg

32791775990_0c59b56a87_c.jpg

33017556442_96ebd5afb5_z.jpg

32791800840_d3da5eeeb1_z.jpg

32329043684_fca5fef8e6_c.jpg

Edited by SilentWolf

Elizabeth looks almost exactly like the figure I was planning on using as my sig fig. Grr ):

I like how you decorated the house. Not over-cluttered, but it has everything you need.

On 2/28/2017 at 2:31 PM, blackdeathgr said:

A nice house full of beautiful details. I do wonder if Hannah is a benevolent spirit or no...

Thank you for the compliments on the house. In answer to Hannah's intentions, there is a hint here...

17 hours ago, LegoEomer said:

Good job on the house!

Thank you!

17 hours ago, Fox Womb said:

Elizabeth looks almost exactly like the figure I was planning on using as my sig fig. Grr ):

I like how you decorated the house. Not over-cluttered, but it has everything you need.

Thank you for the compliments on the house. Other parts of the house have been depicted before particularly here
In regards to your SigFig @Fox Womb, I am not sure what you are planning but if it is the dress, Elizabeth does change her outfits. That exact face and hair style are the primary method of depicting her. So don't worry if it is similar. A little different goes a long way in Lego world especially since she is a secondary figure for me. 

Very nice house and interesting story to match. I like all the big open spaces and the furnishings look great, although some of them may be a little bit modern. The flesh colored table in particular is nice and I like the overall bonus pics.

The pink and blue wording is a unique way of telling the story, and very effective. Overall nice work. :thumbup:

On 2/28/2017 at 3:17 PM, SilentWolf said:

I have even heard rumors that Queen Annetta practices with pistol in her living chamber...

Pshaw!! Where on earth did that wild tale ever come from?! :grin: :pir-tongue: :pir-laugh: :pir-wink: