Sign in to follow this  
jamiejme

[WIP] [MOC] Hammerhead-Class Corvette

Hello again, Eurobricks! I decided for my second MOC I'd dive in the deep end, the easiest way to learn, right?

So I thought that the hammerhead would be a good choice being such an iconic ship in the canon Star Wars universe now.

I will be updating this topic when any noticable progress is made, which may be a while because this quite a large project for me.

New WIP MOC, the Hammerhead Corvette

This is where I am so far...I've taken a break due to the rear section being the most difficult.

New WIP MOC, the Hammerhead CorvetteNew WIP MOC, the Hammerhead Corvette

Any comments and suggestions are welcome!

Thank you!

Hello, jamiejme!

Looks beaut for your second moc, I chose the Venator as my first, a mistake to say the least... 

Anyways back on topic, this is looking pretty spot on to me, great job so far! :thumbup: 

How is the structure looking internally? That's where I usually go wrong. :blush:

Kind regards, Ellis.

Looking great. I really like the use of angled harpoons for turrets.

17 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Ooh, I love to see your MOCs, @jamiejme! @dmarkng has made a really great version of it if you need inspiration :)

Thank you! I will have to check his out as I've run into a few problems myself :)

17 hours ago, Ellisss_2 said:

Hello, jamiejme!

Looks beaut for your second moc, I chose the Venator as my first, a mistake to say the least... 

Anyways back on topic, this is looking pretty spot on to me, great job so far! :thumbup: 

How is the structure looking internally? That's where I usually go wrong. :blush:

Kind regards, Ellis.

Thank you! Didn't realise your venatot was your first, in which case I'm very impressed. Unfortunately I'm unable to test with real bricks because I'm at university so I'm unsure how structurally sound it is at the moment...I'll have to wait till Easter till I can answer that ;)

3 hours ago, dmarkng said:

Looking good so far!

2 hours ago, Moppo said:

Looking great. I really like the use of angled harpoons for turrets.

Thank you both very much!

29 minutes ago, jamiejme said:

Thank you! I will have to check his out as I've run into a few problems myself :)

Thank you! Didn't realise your venatot was your first, in which case I'm very impressed. Unfortunately I'm unable to test with real bricks because I'm at university so I'm unsure how structurally sound it is at the moment...I'll have to wait till Easter till I can answer that ;)

Thank you both very much!

Sorry if I was not clear, but I meant for you to post pictures of the frame, without the 'skin'. 

Ellis.

9 minutes ago, Ellisss_2 said:

Sorry if I was not clear, but I meant for you to post pictures of the frame, without the 'skin'. 

Ellis.

My apologies, I'll have a look later to see if I can try this 

I like it, it looks like a larger scale model of what TheNerdyOne built for his design of the Hammerhead Corvette.

15 hours ago, LEGORACER1 said:

I like it, it's a really nice ship.

Thank you!

I should have more update pictures after the weekend.