[MOC] Battle of the Heroes

"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!"

"Your new Empire?"

"Don't make me kill you..."

"Anakin, my allegiance is to the Republic, to democracy!"

"If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must."

"You will try."

Hello, all. Today I bring you a 708-piece MOC based on the climactic duel at the end of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Duelon_Mustafar_lxf.png

This was a lot of fun to design and bring about. It had been through two different designs before I settled on this one. I tried to make it a playset yet also retain display value, and I think I was able to achieve that here. 

Minifigures

• Anakin Skywalker
  • Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Padme Amidala
  • Wat Tambor
  • Security Battle Droid

Play Features

• Remove part of the roof to get access to the control room!
  • Raise the door to allow Anakin and Obi-Wan to continue the fight on the catwalk!
  • Press the knob to 'collapse' part of the structure!
  • Detach the DLC-13 Mining Droid and hover platform to move around the lava fields!
  • Have Anakin wipe out the Separatists in the control room!
  • Have Obi-Wan and Padme confront Anakin on the landing platform!

Duelon_Mustafar2_lxf.png

An alternate view of the set. You can see the DLC-13 Droid and more of the landing platform.

Duelon_Mustafar3_lxf.png

A frontal view of the set.

Duelon_Mustafar4_lxf.png

The Control Room

Duelon_Mustafar5_lxf.png

The collapsing structure. Pushing the dark tan plunger detaches the vanes from jumper plates and they fall off.

Want the .LXF? Here it is!

.LXF File

Please leave any comments or suggestions and tell me what you think! May the Force be with you! :yoda:

This is really nice. I love the play features, the minifigures and the interior! If only lego made your creation into an actual set!

That Wat Tambor is cool! I like how you used the binoculars on him. I also like how you included play features into! Great work!

Sweet! I think you did a good job! It may be a little cramped, but it's all the more convincing as a set like this.

14 hours ago, ChristopherLee said:

Have Anakin wipe out the Separatists in the control room!

Eh, dunno if TLG would advertise that on the back of their boxes as a play feature. :devil:

Great MOC! Cool build and nice job with Wat Tambor and Padme. Now I wish Lego released similar set ! They haven't done that scene since 2005 , so update is in order. 

Hello, ChristopherLee!

Awesome MOC, the landing platform looks fantastic! You have definitely captured everything from the scene, in the style of TLG, great job! Nice job with the BURPs!

I'm loving the Sporticus Brickhead too!

Kind regards, Ellis.

Edited by Ellisss_2

46 minutes ago, Ellisss_2 said:

Hello, ChristopherLee!

Awesome MOC, the landing platform looks fantastic! You have definitely captured everything from the scene, in the style of TLG, great job! Nice job with the BURPs!

I'm loving the Sporticus Brickhead too!

Kind regards, Ellis.

You're the first one that's noticed my avatar. Thank you!

Grrr, Sportiflop...

Very well done MOC! Totally looks like something LEGO could have produced, right down to the play features. I know I'd buy it in a heartbeat! :thumbup:

I love it! It certainly would make a great set. I also like the way you've done it in a smaller scale like the current location based sets.

Nicely designed. Everything is downsized but instantly recognizable. This is everything a Lego set should be. I'd buy this in a heartbeat!

Nice! As i don't collect pt star wars, i am tempted to buy this set. Too bad it isn't a real set :-)

Watt Tambor is one of the coolest characters from the pt and this would be a perfect set for him. 

Well done!

As Threepio would say; "Wonderful, wonderful!"

Is that a cave entrance you've built underneath the landing platform?

I would take this over the Rathtar set from this summer before you could say "Don't try it Anakin, I have the high ground!"

A location set, with interior and exterior, looks exactly as it should, play features excellent and a pivotal scene to boot?? ChristopherLee, this is a genius design. I've been searching for a good Mustafar playset ideas for years, and this is the first one that I've been able to build and put on the shelf with pride. Yes, over the weekend I took a crack at this approach to the build but I was limited to the spare parts I have at the moment. Need lots more brown slopes.

Thank you for sharing your build file, ChristopherLee. I think I'm going to try and riff on something similar for Kamino as well... hopefully The Lego Group is paying attention to clever builds like these. This is around the same piece count as Battle on Takodana which sadly has no interior. I only have a work-in-progress picture of this build and it's bad... will update with a proper picture soon!