Sign in to follow this  
Freezingvettes99

Home Layout WIP

When my wife and I built our new home I decided that I needed my own room for my Lego collection and to build a Lego layout with a complete Lego town.  So here are some pictures so far, I hope everyone enjoys what I have done.  I used the 9V system exclusively and don't have any plans to change that.  It took me forever to ballast the track using the L-Gauge system and a ton of Lego pieces so I really don't plan to change the track layout anytime soon either.  The switches are the worst!  I am happy with how everything turned out for the most part with the exception ot the yard, I wish it were larger for train staging but such is life.  I also wanted a double main but without a 9V crossover solution that isn't possible yet, hopefully sometime soon.  Feedback is always appreciated!

33109306936_f6071335b7_c.jpgLego Layout WIP by freezingvettes99, on Flickr

32767963330_1b1bd9e874_c.jpgLego Layout WIP by freezingvettes99, on Flickr

33109311346_d5ddccbb2f_c.jpgLego Layout WIP by freezingvettes99, on Flickr

32767967930_ab2fd67e4d_c.jpgLego Layout WIP by freezingvettes99, on Flickr

33023640751_020214557b_c.jpgLego Layout WIP by freezingvettes99, on Flickr

33023646241_0d45b875e8_c.jpgLego Layout WIP by freezingvettes99, on Flickr

33023648401_ce3f3a5bc4_c.jpgLego Layout WIP by freezingvettes99, on Flickr

Edited by Dansharos

2 hours ago, supertruper1988 said:

That looks great! I will definitely be looking for a LEGO space in our next home. I am jealous haha! Got any details of those great BN Locos?

Check out my Flickr page here for albums detailing most of them.

Awesome! Very clean/modern/professional looking layout with those nice cabinets and shelves.

I see you have the Cargo boat (one of my favs btw). Do you plan on including a water/marina area or did you decide there just isn't space for it? 

49 minutes ago, hankdelsi said:

can you reach a derailment in the back or is there a way to access it?

Yes, if you take a look at the last picture there is an access section where the seam is.  I haven't decided how/what to put there yet.  I will probably have to secure the baseplates and anything on top somehow so when I lift it off they stay affixed.

36 minutes ago, Criosphynx said:

Awesome! Very clean/modern/professional looking layout with those nice cabinets and shelves.

I see you have the Cargo boat (one of my favs btw). Do you plan on including a water/marina area or did you decide there just isn't space for it? 

Thanks for the positive comments!  Yes, the Cargo boat is one of my favs also!  All of the sets in the boxes on the shelves and New In Sealed Boxes, my wife keeps telling me I have a problem!

Very nice set up.  That's quite a collection of classic space.  :classic:

Hands down the most perfect room for a Lego Layout I've ever seen. Super jelly. Great work! :pir-oh:

Looks great! I would have gone with light bluish grey tiles for the sleepers to represent concrete sleepers since you're running a modern layout. Just my two cents! Looks killer.

-Jeffinslaw

On 3/4/2017 at 5:27 PM, Jeffinslaw said:

Looks great! I would have gone with light bluish grey tiles for the sleepers to represent concrete sleepers since you're running a modern layout. Just my two cents! Looks killer.

-Jeffinslaw

What sleepers specifically are you referring to?  My brain isn't working well this morning :wacko:

3 hours ago, Dansharos said:

What sleepers specifically are you referring to?  My brain isn't working well this morning :wacko:

Replace the black 1x1 and 1x4 with grey 1x1 and 1x4 to simulate concrete sleepers :)

-Jeffinslaw