Bob De Quatre

contest Braaiiinnss!!! Sci-Fi Contest

16 hours ago, LEGORACER1 said:

I wondering it says zombies at any time. Does that include Star wars?

Any time, any theme. 

9 hours ago, Rconn0 said:

Can I use skeletons or ghosts instead of zombies?

Ghost no, skeletons why not, but that's not quite the same as zombies or undeads...

On 2/27/2017 at 2:02 PM, Bob De Quatre said:

The only Sci-Fi element that is mandatory is zombies, undeads, or whatever you call them :wink:

I am sorry, my friend, but zombies are History element :)
You can;t take that from us, and we will fight, we will invade, and your silly SciFi bases are going to be consumed by our (history correct) magic :)

...maybe zombie in space, but that is as far as we will go with sharing :)

On 3/1/2017 at 2:41 AM, Bob De Quatre said:

Only if the support vehicle can be part of a main vehicle. Like a motorbike that can be detached from a truck body.

@TheLazyChicken Bob said this on the previous page in response to the same question of multiple vehicles. However, if you build for Cat. A, I am sure multiple vehicles would be fine.

16 minutes ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

@TheLazyChicken Bob said this on the previous page in response to the same question of multiple vehicles. However, if you build for Cat. A, I am sure multiple vehicles would be fine.

Sorry didn't see that! Thanks!

A 48x48 baseplate has a total area of 2304 square studs, but the area of a 32x64 baseplate is only 2048 studs, so would that be an allowed size for Category A?

41 minutes ago, Graham Gidman said:

A 48x48 baseplate has a total area of 2304 square studs, but the area of a 32x64 baseplate is only 2048 studs, so would that be an allowed size for Category A?

No, your entry must fit in a 48x48 studs area

On 2/27/2017 at 10:54 PM, VaderFan2187 said:

Aww man, no digital entries! This might've been the first EB contest I joined... and I have no zombie minifigures.

Any reason for the prohibition of digital entries?

Do you have orcs? Those could probably work well.

Mine(Category B) is on a 32x32 baseplate, but not all of it is the actual model. Is that okay?

Also, I didn't take the size requirements into consideration & the build itself is 26x26. Would I be disqualified for this?

Edited by Evolved Turtle

7 hours ago, Evolved Turtle said:

Mine(Category B) is on a 32x32 baseplate, but not all of it is the actual model. Is that okay?

That's ok.

7 hours ago, Evolved Turtle said:

Also, I didn't take the size requirements into consideration & the build itself is 26x26. Would I be disqualified for this?

That's not ok... The rules clearly specify a maximum size of 24x24. If you can't modify your entry before the deadline, your entry will be disqualified.

9 hours ago, Lancethecat said:

Would it fit under Category D rules if one of the survivors was a captive zombie?

That's ok

Hello everyone, 

i'm in, for the very first time in a contest, and i have to say it was lots of fun ^^

when you say : "Cat C - that the other vehicle can be part of the main one", does it have to be visible or just possible, like something inside the boot ( not kidding ! ) ( hope it will be possible because it would be really hard to choose between them ^^)

In any case, lots of fun ^^

Edited by FrassAttack

14 hours ago, FrassAttack said:

Hello everyone, 

i'm in, for the very first time in a contest, and i have to say it was lots of fun ^^

when you say : "Cat C - that the other vehicle can be part of the main one", does it have to be visible or just possible, like something inside the boot ( not kidding ! ) ( hope it will be possible because it would be really hard to choose between them ^^)

In any case, lots of fun ^^

That means you should have one vehicle, but that vehicle could carry other. Like a truck with a motorcycle inside or attached to.

Hi Bob. I posted my entry here -- 

The base is irregular but the longest dimension on each side is 22 x 24.

Thanks for organising this contest. :sweet:

Thanks for your answer ! So I try to modifie the vehicle in order to follow the rules ^^ , see you. Hope that will do the job ^^ 

Just finished photographing my moc... gonna edit and create the topic in the next hours... Damn last minute guy :sceptic:

The contest is now closed!

Thanks everyone for your participation. Voting thread will be posted as soon as possible after I've reviewed each entry. :classic:

Thanks @Bob De Quatre for helping to run this! I decided to stop lurking and start building/sharing on here because of it. It also forced me to learn mundane things like how to post a picture correctly. :)