kaiju

[SR - Ch 5A - pro ESL] The Fall of Johan von Yastobaal

The rapid expansion across the Terraversa Sea presented many an opportunity to the open minded merchants of the old world. Johan von Yastobaal was one such merchant. Establishing his headquarters and estate in King’s Port, the Mardier business man was making quite a fortune for himself.

Unfortunately, his mercantile efforts were repeatedly frustrating, and frustrated by, Eslandolan trade ventures in the same ports. As von Yastobaal was about to discover, the Eslandolans had deep pockets and few were the difficulties more money could not solve in one way or another.

So it was that Johan returned to his estate one evening. Immediately retreating to his private chambers overlooking the garden, he was quite surprised to find a woman hidden in his room. He was even more surprised when she struck him in the chest with some kind of modified caestus.

Seconds later he was falling out of his window onto the stone path below.

5jX19d8.jpg

5fXBN9e.jpg

Eb8Sq7R.jpg

The assassin watched with an intellectual curiosity as von Yastobaal hit the ground.

HVBwiU2.jpg

The fall was likely more than survivable, which is why the blades of her weapon had been coated with Widowmaker venom – a potent, and extremely swift, venom belonging to a species of spider recently discovered in the Terraversan isles.

mRvi5me.jpg

Making a discrete exit, she stopped to confirm von Yastobaal was dead. Satisfied, she fled the scene to return to her employers at the House of Spiders.

JdJbLkO.jpg

Edited by kaiju
Changing Image Host

50 minutes ago, kaiju said:

The assassin watched with an intellectual curiosity as von Yastobaal hit the ground.

Having read the victim's name and the above sentence, I am still laughing!!!

That had got to hurt falling like that. :laugh: The flowers along the pathway and the unevenness of the pathway areas great touches. I also like the way you assembled the assassin. She definitely looks calculated and heartless. 

On 27/02/2017 at 0:10 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Having read the victim's name and the above sentence, I am still laughing!!!

Working mostly as intended then.

17 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

A nice little scene with great figures. Great entry!

Thank you.

1 hour ago, SilentWolf said:

That had got to hurt falling like that. :laugh: The flowers along the pathway and the unevenness of the pathway areas great touches. I also like the way you assembled the assassin. She definitely looks calculated and heartless. 

Thanks. I wanted the garden to be a bit more visually interesting and had plenty of flower pieces handy. As for the assassin, I seem to have ended up with plenty of dark coloured minifig parts, which worked out quite well.

Nice little house with very dramatic scene. Several shots of the guy falling out makes it look somewhat like he is actually hanging suspended in air. Lowering him by each shot might make it look more dynamic. Good work. :pir-blush:

18 hours ago, Bregir said:

Nice little house with very dramatic scene. Several shots of the guy falling out makes it look somewhat like he is actually hanging suspended in air. Lowering him by each shot might make it look more dynamic. Good work. :pir-blush:

Thank you. Those first few pictures aren't supposed to be sequential, they're just showing different angles/details of the build.

8 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Fine approach to this challenge.

However, I did not get the joke related to the name :pir-cry_sad:

If there is one, it isn't intentional.

And thank you :classic: