LucasLaughing

[O - F10] The Varieties of Scientific Experience

Tags: civil, building

Lu's Log - 26 Febrarali 3817

We'd managed to get most of John's personality shards consolidated into a robotic body, but we knew it was a temporary solution, at best.  We needed an expert to help us take the next step, whatever that might be.  And, I needed someone who could help me regain my memory of the 3 months following my disappearance.  In our separate searches, one name kept popping up: Dr. Dimitri Igorvich.

There were a lot of wild stories circulating about the doctor.  Some claimed he was a brilliant neurosurgeon who probed too far into the human psyche and went mad.  Others swore he was a brilliant xenobiologist, who delved too deeply into alien secrets and went mad.  He was a hard man to find;  the corporations have been cracking down on unlicensed surgeons, but there's always been a black market for bio-tech and if you knew the right people, you could find someone willing to do just about anything.  For a price.  

Minder, the Kawa AI, pointed us in the right direction and once John freed him from MANTIS captivity, Callahan was able to help us track the doctor to Arium Major.

We decided that I should go alone to the initial meeting; John had one more person to reconnect with, and anyway, John's appearance can be ... unsettling.  We didn't want to spook the doctor.  As it turned out, we needn't have worried...

33140701155_3453d55317_c.jpg

17722877618_0b8a923d32_o.jpg  Thank you for agreeing to meet with me, Dr. Igorvich.

He shrugged.

32324929933_c1a717cbb4_t.jpg  You pay credits - I meet you.

17722877618_0b8a923d32_o.jpg  You'll be well paid, if you can do the job.

33013348211_0124f2de2b_c.jpg

32324929933_c1a717cbb4_t.jpg  Bring back memories?  Is easy.  We do today.  Fix human robot computer brain?  Much less easy, but can be done.

I'm about to reply, when we're interrupted by a young man, walking unsteadily, with bandages covering his head.

32294992594_8101e9601a_b.jpg

32324929933_c1a717cbb4_t.jpg  Hm.  Is my assistant "Hank."  Is currently without speech.  Hope to restore with next operation, dah Hank?

32983836202_cc9aea0792_c.jpg

32324929933_c1a717cbb4_t.jpg  Go, wash tools.  Am busy.

33140677485_87719fab9d_c.jpg

32324929933_c1a717cbb4_t.jpg  GO!

32294977484_0bddc765a0_c.jpg

32324929933_c1a717cbb4_t.jpg  Some brains, always a little un-fixed.  

32983847912_2a24fe709b_c.jpg

17722877618_0b8a923d32_o.jpg  So ... my memories.  How does the treatment work?  Is it one of these vials?  

32324929933_c1a717cbb4_t.jpg  Nyet.  For this, we must go downstairs.  Follow.

32324950943_647ebbf7ea_c.jpg

I follow him into a dimly lit hallway, with an industrial looking elevator at the end.  Before we reach it, though, I'm distracted by an open door.

I'm not sure what I'm seeing...

32983817082_ba10b962d3_c.jpg

32324929933_c1a717cbb4_t.jpg  Science - is not for faint of heart.  Come...

I follow him into the elevator.  Time to see how far down this rabbit hole goes...

Spoiler

Thanks for viewing!  Full size pics on my flickr.

Edited by LucasLaughing

What a fantastic lab! I love the heads in the jars and the smoke coming out using the ice cream piece. You have a great assortment of vials too, so jealous. :grin: Is that a transneon snake as tubing? I love the window pattern you created with 1x1s and the jumpers.

Fun short story! I'd like to see how this ends. Or maybe better not. ;-) The lab and its equipment look very good and the lighting is really impressive! :-)

Very, very nice lab. I love all the little detailing. You really have a lot of specialty parts. What's the transgreen tubing you see in the first picture? It looks like something from insectiods, but
I can't figure out what the piece is.

Wow, that table with all the flasks and tubes is brilliant! I love how you used the Ninjago snake piece for twisting tubes, and the coffee mug to act as an elbow joint in the tubing. Amazing!

9 hours ago, Kodan Black said:

What a fantastic lab! I love the heads in the jars and the smoke coming out using the ice cream piece. You have a great assortment of vials too, so jealous. :grin: Is that a transneon snake as tubing? I love the window pattern you created with 1x1s and the jumpers.

4 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Very, very nice lab. I love all the little detailing. You really have a lot of specialty parts. What's the transgreen tubing you see in the first picture? It looks like something from insectiods, but
I can't figure out what the piece is.

Thanks guys - as @Kodan Black guessed and @MKJoshA spotted, the transgreen tube was a snake from Ninjago (and one Mixel set) - BL part 98348

I'm glad the window pattern turned out - I was 1 jumper plate short, which is why I added the fan unit.

9 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

Fun short story! I'd like to see how this ends. Or maybe better not. ;-) The lab and its equipment look very good and the lighting is really impressive! :-)

Thanks - there is much, much backstory if you go through my older AG builds :classic:

4 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Wow, that table with all the flasks and tubes is brilliant! I love how you used the Ninjago snake piece for twisting tubes, and the coffee mug to act as an elbow joint in the tubing. Amazing!

Thanks Josh!

1 hour ago, LucasLaughing said:

Thanks - there is much, much backstory if you go through my older AG builds :classic:

I'm digging through it... its indeed a lot! :classic: