Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

[OL - FB] Statue of Zeus in Astrapi

1.png
In the Settlement of Astrapi, a new statue has been erected for those too busy to get to the Temple of Zeus that day. If passing this statue, the faithful can pray or stop to have a chat. If it's a lovely day, why not? Some old peddlers even may stop by telling you a secret, if you the coin of course. They say that Zeus faces the direction of the secret relic, but nobody has been able to locate it, at this point at least. Those peddlers seem strangly like Eslandolers...

A new player who MOCs based on the lore? That is fantastic, great work! The statue - from socket to top - is really well done.

My suggestion is to look a bit more at the baseplates. Is the green under the cobblestones intentional? I find it a bit weird. I would suggest to either have some patches of grass (green flower stems) grow out to make it look as if there was grass growing between the cobbles, or just use a tan / dark tan / grey baseplate. Also the light blue being visible under the grey is a bit weird. I guess this is water, why does it flow under the grey border? Those are minor details I only saw at second or third glance. The overall MOC is really nice - I am already looking forward to your next one!

Thank you, both. I agree, the water/greenplate could have been changed. Will certainly be fixed for the next one!

Neat statue. I actually like the green base - it looks like moss growing among the cobblestone. And while the blue base showing under the curved edges may not be entirely realistic, it looks pretty sharp to my eyes, and of course it's about the only way to fill in those inside curves if that's what you're going for. Good work. :thumbup: