Hi guys!

Here's a demonstration model I built to show the potential of Buwizz.

There were several goals for this model:

• Keep it small and light
  • Gearing should be as simple and efficient as possible - ended up using a 40 tooth gear powering the older style differential, getting a 40/:16 gear ratio
  • Advanced steering solution - pivot point is inside the wheel and the car is using ackermann steering geometry for best possible steering and efficiency
  • Use Buwizz as a structural support - not only does the Buwizz power and control the car, it also helds it together
  • Working steering wheel and openable doors - have them too

Here's the result:

1280x722.jpg1280x722.jpg1280x722.jpg1280x871.jpg1280x722.jpg1280x722.jpg1280x722.jpg

In the gif below you can see the way the car is built and how the steering system works

steering.gif

The end result is a very fast and maneuverable car that faces same problems as the big ones.

Its actually so fast, that its easy to understeer at high speed or oversteer when accelerating. Controling it at high speed can be very hard, but thanks to Buwiz's different speed modes you can easily slow down the car. This is very usefull for parking or precise maneuvering.

To finish up with a bang, here's a video:

If there will be enough demand I will create an LDD model of this little speed devil :laugh:

Edited by Zero (Zblj)

Wow , this car definetly shows the potential of BuWizz , I'm glad I'm getting one . Very interesting steering solution, awesome idea. An LDD model would be interesting to analize :classic:

That is awesome! Great car and video.

That looks like a small RC car that performs just as well as any semi-pro small non-LEGO RC car. But to control it properly we'll be needing physical controls rather that just a touch screen. Once the BuWizz and app gets delivered that's a problem we'll need to address. I'm thinking something similar to this project for the SBrick:

Another great creation from the master :thumbup: For some reason it reminds of a nissan gtr . Only 1 complain , the front lights look a bit weird . I think they would look better in the space right up of them. 

I like hat idea with that coupling gear, to get better control over steering. That is something new for me. I also like small car cretions.

Wonderful build Jerry.  I also like how compact it is.   Did u use the unit u already had (one used in other vids) or have they shipped you another unit?

17 hours ago, LXF said:

Wow , this car definetly shows the potential of BuWizz , I'm glad I'm getting one . Very interesting steering solution, awesome idea. An LDD model would be interesting to analize :classic:

I will give LDD a thought ot two, after all this car did start in LDD first, like many of my MOCs.

17 hours ago, GroundskeeperWillie said:

That is awesome! Great car and video.

That looks like a small RC car that performs just as well as any semi-pro small non-LEGO RC car. But to control it properly we'll be needing physical controls rather that just a touch screen. Once the BuWizz and app gets delivered that's a problem we'll need to address. I'm thinking something similar to this project for the SBrick:

Yes, phsyical control is a must for fast models. But for simple construction models phone is good enough.

15 hours ago, Lox Lego said:

Very compact, was surprised to see the steering wheel working on such a small car. Well done!

Thanks, yes I wanted to give it a bit more detail and it worked :classic:

2 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Wonderful build Jerry.  I also like how compact it is.   Did u use the unit u already had (one used in other vids) or have they shipped you another unit?

I used the production unit, the ones being shipped now.