Sign in to follow this  
Starwars4J

Star Wars 10th Anniversary Set Logistics

10th Anniversary Set Logistics  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see this UCS-scale or for minifigs?

• Minifig-scale, on a set this important they're essential!
    • UCS-scale, I want it to sit on my shelf next to my Millenium Falcon!
  2. 2. Which trilogy would you most like to see this set come from?

• The Original Trilogy! It defines Star Wars
    • The Prequels, they're more recent
  3. 3. Would you like to see this be another ship, or a ground location?

• Space ship/battlestation
    • Ground base/location
    • Other (please specify)
  4. 4. If you want this to be minifig-scale, which is more important to you?

• Lots and lots of minifigs!
    • I want it to look good, but still have a decent amount of figs
    • I want it to look so good that there are only enough pieces left for like one or two figs
  5. 5. For a set like this, how much does playability matter?

• A lot! This is a toy, afterall!
    • Not that much, I'd like a balance between the two
    • Nah, that stuff isn't important, I want it to look good above all else!

As you may have seen in this link the Ambassadors want to find out what we'd like in a 10th Star Wars Anniversary set. There's a lot of talk going on here, but I thought a nice poll would help keep things organized. Please vote!

After we get the results in for this, we'll close this poll and then hold another based on suggestions in the discussion topic on which set in particular you'd want (based on what wins out in this poll). This is important and LEGO is counting on you to help make a part of Star Wars history!

Edit: To avoid confusion think of UCS as UCS-scale and minifigs as minifig-scale. Going by this the UCS Millenium Falcon would be a minifig-scale ship built to UCS quality (in other words, option 1 for question 1, option 3 for question 4)

Great!

Prehaps someone (a mod) could close (well, pause more like ) the original thread started by the ambassodors, until this has been fully thought out and desided.because when i posted asking if we could discuss first, most people just ignored it :-(

The poll the first question is not precise.

There is UCS sets without minifigs like the old RBR, X-wing ATST etc. Then there is as you write: Next to your MF. The MF is another type of UCS: UCS with minifigs, which is what I would like. Finally there is the classic system sets. I would like a model with minifigs, but also with a lot of details, like the nex UCS MF. Where should i vote then?

Morten

well i'd like a UCS blockade runner or something of the sorts. don't care about figs, i just want a decent size and lots of details and yeah, sure some room to modify ...

Glad to see some real lovin for the OT! Whatever this set is, it needs to be iconic, as it is a celebration of ten years of LEGO Star Wars (how amazing is that)!

Rationale for my voting:

- UCS look good... but that's all. I'd like a large and excellent set, but one with some degree of playability

- Figures are essential. Though not many as the main set becomes rubbish. We need a once-only figure as part of this set

- I'm not a fan of either the OT or the PT over the other. Although I'm fully aware of SW heritage and saw the OT many years before the PT, I no longer see them that way. They are a sextology (or heptology). That said, I concede the OT in many people's eyes defines SW.

I voted Minifig scale, Original Trilogy, ground base/location, and looking good. I would LOVE to see an Ewok village, Endor bunker or some other awesome Endor set

Edit: 2 more things: It should come with at least one minifig exclusive to it, maybe if its an Endor set, a rebel soldier or two with the Endor rebel helmets. And, it would be really awesome, and please LOTS of fans, of all ages, if it has YELLOW SKIN. I would buy it just cause it has yellow skin... :P I think lots of other people would to.

Edited by Gahu: Turaga of Force

why is there no reply for 6 sets for each episodes i.e

I:darth maul duel set,

II: UCS slave 1

III:mustafar set revised/Technic grievious

IV:UCS Death star

V:"Luke, i am your father" set

VI:Final duel set

otherwise i will go for a UCS *vader* or a UCS death star 1

Ultimate set ON!

The poll the first question is not precise.

There is UCS sets without minifigs like the old RBR, X-wing ATST etc. Then there is as you write: Next to your MF. The MF is another type of UCS: UCS with minifigs, which is what I would like. Finally there is the classic system sets. I would like a model with minifigs, but also with a lot of details, like the nex UCS MF. Where should i vote then?

Morten

Well you have to remember it's only $150, so if you want something that's UCS you'd vote UCS. If you want something with minifigs but also a lot of details you'd vote minifig scale and then "a lot of details" at the sacrifice of figs. This isn't going to be a $500 set, so you can't have both like in that beautiful falcon *wub*

Pardon me but I thought we would have a poll AFTER a couple of days discussing the other thread :-|

*yoda*

Well that thread people were posting ideas for sets. It was all over the place and some people were discussing OT vs. PT, others were posting set details! I figure we should take it step by step, first we should determine some smaller things like PT vs. OT. Figs or not? After that we can have another poll to determine which set we'd like. It makes it much more organized that way :-)

Well that thread people were posting ideas for sets. It was all over the place and some people were discussing OT vs. PT, others were posting set details! I figure we should take it step by step, first we should determine some smaller things like PT vs. OT. Figs or not? After that we can have another poll to determine which set we'd like. It makes it much more organized that way :-)

Sure if you want to have several polls on the same topic :-P

Off course I voted OT, MFs and loads of MFs :-D I explained why on the other thread though.

*yoda*

How about a Star Wars minifig Chess set with stormtroopers as pawns etc. ;-)

Also what could be more festive then a Star Wars advent calendar? :-D

David

(Obviously the price would be a lot lower than $150)

Edited by Dfenz

I'd really love to have a decent Hoth set.

Bigger and better than the one previously released.

- with maybe one or two more snowtroopers *wub* *wub*

KimT

How about a Star Wars minifig Chess set with stormtroopers as pawns etc. ;-)

Also what could be more festive then a Star Wars advent calendar? :-D

David

(Obviously the price would be a lot lower than $150)

I agree completley! I would love to see a chess set from every movie.

Ep. 1 Gungans/Naboo vs droids

Ep. 2 Phase 1 clones vs. Genosians/ Genosian battle droids

Ep. 3 212th Battalion vs CIS or 501st Legion vs. the Jedi or Kashyyk Troopers/Wookies vs CIS

Ep. 4 Tantive 4 Rebels vs. normal Stormies

Ep. 5 Hoth Rebels vs Snow Troopers

Ep. 6 Endor Rebels vs. Scout Troopers

That would make 2009 the best year ever! *sweet*

:-$ Sorry for going of topic :-$

General Tarful

Edited by GeneralTarful

I think an original trilogy set is the best fitting for this occasion, and who doesn't want minifigs? X-D however, a large pequel trilogy battle set would be cool, but use common sense guys. I wouldn't mind it, it just doesn't seel like something lego would do! ;-)

I think an endor bunker or rebel blockade runner would be perfect! ;-) I don't know about hoth, though. It is sort of wearing out on me... |-/

I voted of course for minifig scale, OT, space ship (because on the one hand I'd like to have a big rebel space ship as "enemy" for the minifig scaled Imperial Star Destroyer and on the other hand I think that TLG wants to/will release a spaceship and no ground base anyway), lots and lots of minifigs and balance between playability and good look.

I'd like to see a Tantive 4 Rebel Blockade Runner or a Home One Mon Calamari Cruiser - each which lots of new characters - like described http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/eurofo...opic=14742&st=0.

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

First, I'd like to thank the Ambassadors for gathering our input. I know it's marketing and all, but I love Star Wars, and Lego, and when I saw that pretty little Naboo star fighter sitting on the shelf of a Walmart, well... It was love at first sight *wub*

Unfortunately, there has been a lack of great play sets. When I first took the poll, I thought, gee, why not a Hoth or Endor play set. Even a decent Death Star play set would be nice. Then I thought, hmmm... the reason they don't come out with one is because while they do as well. Oh, they do appeal to us... collectors :-$ , but kids might not be into them as much... If any of you kids are out there, no offense.

Which brings me to my point. Although $150 dollars is a high price point to shell out to, this set needs to be memorable, to set a new standard. As it is Lego's tenth year, it should appeal to both groups, kids and AFOL. I must admit to being a bit disappointed with the Hoth base set this go around, especially with finally getting my walking AT-AT. My favorite film of the Saga is and will always be V, The Empire Strikes Back. Lego, my suggestion would be a motorized walking AT-AT, but to actual minifig scale, with a few snow-speeder bikes and a full compliment of Snow Troopers, and a REAL General Veers. I know that this would be expensive to do, but if people will fork out $500 for a full size UCS Falcon with no interior, well, think what they might do with a fully walking, heavily armed ;-) AT-AT.

This could also start a new type of line for the mini figs to their more realistic modeled ships, that might not need to end with just that AT-AT.

Edited by Palin Jax

Just so the above people know, this topic is for telling what you voted for. If you have an idea, post it in the other topic! I mean, it just seems stupid to have two topics with the same purpose! Anyway, I voted 1. 1. 2. 2. 2. Why? Because I want an Ewok village with Scout Troopers, Ewoks, and lots of Stormtroopers, , and for this to come true I must vote for the OT, I want to see more playsets and less huge ships with just bricks and no figs, minifigures are important, but having a million figs and forty pieces otherwise makes for a craptastic $150 set, and detail is crucial, i.e., you don't need a set where it has forty traps, but if you blow on it, it falls down. We're looking for a sturdy, OT, detailed, minifig-filled 1000 + piece ground-based playset that will celebrate 10 years of Star Wars Lego! *thunderous applause* :-P X-D

I want a endor bunker battle with 5 scout troopers, 10 stormtroopers, han, leia, chewie, rs, c-3po, 2 speeders, 3 ewoks, 4 rebel troopers, and the bunker.