Captain Braunsfeld

Book 2 Challenge V Cat B: The Trojan Camel

The Desert King had come to inspect the progress of his latest war machine: The Trojan Camel (named after its inventor Abdul Trojan).

Unfortunately this incredible piece of military hardware had not been 100% completed by the time of the inspection.

32291637993_9495cc0e33_c.jpg

32724867720_39e8e61c92_c.jpg

Excellent craftsmen from Mitgardia and Kaliphlin were working together to complete the Camel.

32979901311_9b06897090_c.jpg

33107042705_33a6d96f06_z.jpg

An aerial view of the construction site:

32291644153_e875ba2c15_c.jpg

This is the Trojan Camel:

32724870490_1a61da7ffa_c.jpg

32724871520_4723520466_c.jpg

And another view to show the landscape:

32292034193_6d1abb4889_c.jpg

C&C welcome!

Lovely stratified rock there, Captain B, the colors are great, and the curves on the bottom rows especially caught my eye!  Very neat 'Trojan Camel' (:laugh: :thumbup:) and scaffold buildings and vehicles as well, I do want to see the look on Ravaage's face when he gets that:grin:  That dark green cactus is really a great detail too!

:laugh::rofl: Such a wonderful idea, and very well executed! The stratified rock is superb, and of course the Trojan camel is excellent as well!
The various scaffolding platforms, bushes, and cactus are great details too :thumbup:

Wow... that is one. unique. camel! :tongue:  Looks pretty hilarious actually.  As Garmadon said the stratified rock is really great! :thumbup: 

Hahaha ! :laugh::iamded_lol:

Hilarious camel !

The Monty Python had the Trojan bunny, and now Kaliphlin has got a Camel ! I am asking me when we will see a Trojan badger ? :grin::tongue:

Very clever idea! I was wondering when the first Cat B entries would start coming in :grin: the shaping on the camel is nice, and the layered rockwork looks great, the Arizona-type western rocks not often seen in historica builds, great work! :classic::thumbup:

Brilliant work and clever idea! :laugh: Very much agree with everyone, the rock work looks great and I like the crowded and busy look of the entire scene. The Trojan camel looks like it is coming along very nicely as well, I especially like the base section's design. 

All in all, great stuff

Very nice camel! It has a rather cartoonish feel, with those giant googly eyes. The rockwork, as others have said, is the scene stealer here, at least for me; you did a great job on the terrain and adding the different layers of stone. 

So many comments - great!

On 25.2.2017 at 4:15 PM, Garmadon said:

Lovely stratified rock there, Captain B, the colors are great, and the curves on the bottom rows especially caught my eye!  Very neat 'Trojan Camel' (:laugh: :thumbup:) and scaffold buildings and vehicles as well, I do want to see the look on Ravaage's face when he gets that:grin:  That dark green cactus is really a great detail too!

Yepp, that mountain was fun to do.

And the "machine" too.

On 25.2.2017 at 5:43 PM, LittleJohn said:

:laugh::rofl: Such a wonderful idea, and very well executed! The stratified rock is superb, and of course the Trojan camel is excellent as well!
The various scaffolding platforms, bushes, and cactus are great details too :thumbup:

Thanks a lot!

On 25.2.2017 at 5:48 PM, Kai NRG said:

Wow... that is one. unique. camel! :tongue:  Looks pretty hilarious actually.  As Garmadon said the stratified rock is really great! :thumbup: 

:sweet:

On 25.2.2017 at 8:45 PM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Never look a gift camel in the mouth! :laugh: Nice build overall, the rock looks great! :thumbup:

I think I should do some more rockwork ..  but the challenge wanted me to build this dangerous machinery of war...

On 25.2.2017 at 9:11 PM, Faladrin said:

Hahaha ! :laugh::iamded_lol:

Hilarious camel !

The Monty Python had the Trojan bunny, and now Kaliphlin has got a Camel ! I am asking me when we will see a Trojan badger ? :grin::tongue:

Thanks - I doubt that I can build a badger.

On 25.2.2017 at 9:13 PM, Legofin2012 said:

Very clever idea! I was wondering when the first Cat B entries would start coming in :grin: the shaping on the camel is nice, and the layered rockwork looks great, the Arizona-type western rocks not often seen in historica builds, great work! :classic::thumbup:

I thought it was a nice addition to Kaliphlin to have those "Arizone-type rocks". :classic:

23 hours ago, Merc4Hire said:

Brilliant work and clever idea! :laugh: Very much agree with everyone, the rock work looks great and I like the crowded and busy look of the entire scene. The Trojan camel looks like it is coming along very nicely as well, I especially like the base section's design. 

All in all, great stuff

Thank you! :grin:

19 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Very nice camel! It has a rather cartoonish feel, with those giant googly eyes. The rockwork, as others have said, is the scene stealer here, at least for me; you did a great job on the terrain and adding the different layers of stone. 

Cartoonish feel?

I only build serious MOCs. Or am I confusing "serious" and "silly" again?

3 hours ago, TitusV said:

:laugh: :rofl: Awesome! Altough... Shouldn't it be a Trojan monkey? :wink: 

A non-Trojan monkey can be seen on the left... maybe he has conceived the whole thing...

:laugh:

Wow... lovin it.

I had a similar idea, so now I have to think of something else (thanks) :grin:

Typical Captain Braunsfeld hilarity :laugh: Great touch with the camel's tongue, and the beautiful rock outcropping in the background sets the scene nicely :wub:

On 27.2.2017 at 6:49 AM, Blufiji said:

The rock work is solid, but that camel is flat out hilarious sir.

Thanks.  Why "but"? - "and" would also work in your sentence. :laugh:

On 27.2.2017 at 8:37 AM, narbilu said:

Wow... lovin it.

I had a similar idea, so now I have to think of something else (thanks) :grin:

Ok, sorry - but then again that is the advantage of putting the MOCs for a competition out early - the disadvange is that the MOC will not be as present in everyone's mind at the time of the competition deadline.

19 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

Typical Captain Braunsfeld hilarity :laugh: Great touch with the camel's tongue, and the beautiful rock outcropping in the background sets the scene nicely :wub:

Yes, you have well spotted the beast's tongue.

I could have added some eye brows... :wink:

Outcropping? I probably need to learn some new words here.

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld

How are you this creative? You have inspired me to try to make a "Trojan Walrus" because why not. Great Moc

On 1.3.2017 at 2:23 AM, pigs54 said:

How are you this creative? You have inspired me to try to make a "Trojan Walrus" because why not. Great Moc

I have to be creative. Or I cannot participate in the challenges....:wacko:

I'd be happy to see that Trojan Walrus!

Hilarious build! I'm not sure the Spire will be fooled, but let's hope!

I see what you did here!

This meets the criteria so well, I love it.

Great entry!

LOL!  The camel is awesome.  I love it.  The humor is great.  The cliffs look really good, too!  Nice job!

On 7.3.2017 at 5:53 AM, Windusky said:

Hilarious build! I'm not sure the Spire will be fooled, but let's hope!

Let's see :grin:

On 11.3.2017 at 2:24 PM, ZCerberus said:

I see what you did here!

This meets the criteria so well, I love it.

Great entry!

Yes, I hope that I did not forget anything.

On 15.3.2017 at 4:08 AM, Grover said:

LOL!  The camel is awesome.  I love it.  The humor is great.  The cliffs look really good, too!  Nice job!

Thanks! :sweet: