Flandy

Oh no, another T65 x-wing!

6 minutes ago, LOBOT-OMY said:

The pics have be stolen by the evil empire Darth Photobucket

Long live imgur!

Fixed the pics, I'll upload and post up the updates I've made to this MOC shortly

On 6/29/2017 at 2:54 PM, Flandy said:

Jemakrol, it's funny you mention the UCS x-wing, I have that on the shelf above and it's amazing how wrong it is! The nose shape is much worse than mine, it's surprisingly lumpy in places, and the engines are too small. I'll do a side by side pic.

Agreed. So much that could have been done better on both UCS models, even though I fell that Red Five is slightly better. The small engines is one of the most annoying thing imho, but nose section too. However, when the first one came back in -00 it was sure a big leap forward and a dream come true for a SW-enthusiast like me. But much have happened since then.

I think you've done a great job, especially considering the scale! By the way, have you seen the models of the X-wing(s) that Robert Lundmark has done? 

I hadn't seen his X-wing until you mentioned it, it looks great! The shaping and scale is much better. I'm honestly surprised there haven't been more UCS scale X-wing MOCs, it's such an iconic ship, but almost all MOCs seem to be minifig scale.

Thanks for the kind words, I've made some more improvements to it, and added some landing gear to it so it can sit on a shelf without the stand. will post pics up when I have time to take some!