The Aztecs were arguably the greatest Pre-Columbian civilization in North America, this being made possible by several factors, one being the ability to grow the necessary food from their defensible city of Tenochtitlan in the middle of Lake Texcoco. The farming method employed here is called a Chinampa, and it is basically a shallow rectangular area that can be dredged up from the lake bed and used to grow crops. 

Chinampa

I did not know about that farming method. I like the MOC and those lily pads too (are the flowers just sitting on top or are they connected?).

Steve

The colour of the base with the trans elements on tops works really well. The upside-down boat is an interesting-looking technique, and I really like the build of the plantation in the middle.

On 2/23/2017 at 11:48 AM, Athos said:

I did not know about that farming method. I like the MOC and those lily pads too (are the flowers just sitting on top or are they connected?).

Steve

The flowers just sit on there and thank you Steve!

On 2/23/2017 at 11:57 AM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

That is really neat, the border of the land is cool. :thumbup:

Thanks Leo!

On 2/25/2017 at 1:38 AM, bungeshea said:

The colour of the base with the trans elements on tops works really well. The upside-down boat is an interesting-looking technique, and I really like the build of the plantation in the middle.

Thank you sir!