Hidronax

[Request] Axl's Torso Piece

Hello! I hope this is the right section.
Yesterday I noticed that the new version of Axl from Nexo Knights has the lower torso in a different color than the upper part. Does that mean that Axl's torso contains a normal minifigure torso? If yes, would it be possible to separate the two parts?
I do not own Axl and I can't check myself, can anyone post a picture of the interior of the piece (seen from the bottom)?

Thanks

Edited by Hidronax

On 2/23/2017 at 4:21 AM, Hidronax said:

Hello! I hope this is the right section.
Yesterday I noticed that the new version of Axl from Nexo Knights has the lower torso in a different color than the upper part. Does that mean that Axl's torso contains a normal minifigure torso? If yes, would it be possible to separate the two parts?
I do not own Axl and I can't check myself, can anyone post a picture of the interior of the piece (seen from the bottom)?

Thanks

There's definitely a traditional torso piece in there but I don't know if there'd be any easy way to get it out. As best I can tell the smaller torso seems to be glued in to the larger one.

Glue doesn't seem much LEGO style, I'm afraid the torso might be clipped to both the arm holes of the traditional torso.
I'd be curious to see if the printing on the minifig torso is complete or not.

20 hours ago, Hidronax said:

Glue doesn't seem much LEGO style, I'm afraid the torso might be clipped to both the arm holes of the traditional torso.
I'd be curious to see if the printing on the minifig torso is complete or not.

That's what I first thought as well, but when I looked at my own copy I noticed that not only could I not see any "tabs" sticking into the minifigure arm holes. but in the case of the one I was looking at the torso piece was actually slightly crooked (rotated a tiny bit along the vertical axis, with no amount of effort working to straighten it out) something that I figure shouldn't happen if the part was designed with only a tight-fitting connection like that to keep it attached.

I imagine the printing does extend into the torso a little bit, if only to keep gaps from showing if the print is slightly misaligned, but I wouldn't necessarily expect it to cover the whole torso.

One other little tidbit I noticed—if you look inside the Technic holes where Axl's arms attach, you can actually see the "neck stud" of the smaller torso. It's most obvious on the version from the Battle Suit sets, since the Dark Stone Grey inner torso contrasts with the Flame Yellowish Orange outer torso.

On 26/2/2017 at 7:54 PM, Lyichir said:

[...] the torso piece was actually slightly crooked (rotated a tiny bit along the vertical axis, with no amount of effort working to straighten it out) something that I figure shouldn't happen if the part was designed with only a tight-fitting connection like that to keep it attached.

Well that is kinda disappointing :sceptic:
The fact that you can see the neck stud means that the torso isn't attacked through that, either. Glue seems to be the only solution.
I wish they made the outer torso as an indipended part that clips on a standard minifigure torso (complete with arms).

I hoped the inner torso had a complete printing cause I'd like to make A normal-sized version of Axl, but I'm afraid that will never happen...
Oh well, thanks for your help!

There is a normal torso in there. But it's fused in the armor. The print is only on the lower half taht is not covered by the armor.

If you want a minifigure sized version of Axl and don't want to use decals, you could take a normal (NK) torso and apply a neck bracket on it but back to front. Then put the 1x1 decorated tile from the Axl-bot on it so he has the bull decoration.