Here's a little 42030 C-model (+ extra wheels, ONLY added extra parts). It was meant to be just a remedy for boredom while ill, so I build "just so", whatever comes to my mind - just wanted it to be remote controlled. But I quite like the result: a flamboyant van perfect for just cruising around and scaring people.
It performs well enough for a heavy, single XL motor-powered model. The gearing somehow makes it slower on reverse which is a fringe benefit, realism-wise. Steering is quite good, turn radius is tight. 35 studs long body + 5 studs long "wings".

VanSide.jpg
VanOpen.jpg
Functions and feats:
► RC driving and steering
► sliding side doors on the right side, opening doors and fuel cap
► supercharger's scoop in the rear tilts up to reveal the gap leading towards the on/off switch that is activated by rod that can be kept on a special pivoted rack inside the van (you can use the "flag" poles as well, but that's just barbaric)
► non-functional decorated interior, including seats, steering wheel, gear shifter and handbrake
► details such as supercharger scoop, roof-mounted horns, floodlights and break lights, rear view mirrors, exhaust pipes, fenders, flags, radio antenna, floored interior

VanFront.jpg
VanRear.jpg

Nice looking C+ model (C Model almost. :tongue:), so is it a souped up van?

I find that the motors go slower in reverse, adding gears would maginify that. :wink:

Thanks, guys!
Fixed the sliding door so they are larger and look more plausible. Thought it was impossible due to the structure of the van, but I found a way to reinforce it.

New%20Door.png

And here's a vid of it in action. Stunning, really :laugh:

1 hour ago, KamalMYafi said:

Nice C-Model! :classic:

Any chance for Instruction? I'm interested to create this.. :grin:

The only thing I can do is a LDD file, but it'll take a while to make, so I can't guarantee I will do it. :wink:

Besides, using Power Functions in LDD can be problematic...

An update: I completely re-done the transmission gearing inside. The previous iteration was chewing through 8-tooth gears easily and a lot of stuff was making noise inside - all because of huge XL motor's torque. Replaced an array of 5 (!) 8-tooths with 3 18-tooth gears (leftmost is there only to push the middle one towards the rightmost as a safety precaution). and changed the ratio from 2:1 to 3:1, so it goes 50% faster. Also, goes pretty fast in reverse. The second major change was required, however: with greater speed comes greater responsibility, so I added extra reinforced bumper in the front. The third change was turning the battery box upside down (the cable's plug was right in the spot of the "security" 18-tooth gear) and thus, mounting a permanent switch extension in place of the removable rod.

No point in posting photos, I guess, but I'm really satisfied with the outcome.

Ok, after some re-touches, I think I should post the changes, especially due to the extremely improved performance (see vid) :sweet:
1487970780m_DISPLAY.jpg