Jim

[TC11] Technic Contest Battle Bots - Discussion Topic

11 hours ago, heyitsdisty said:

What time on Monday do our entries need to be in by?

Deadline date is Monday April 17th, 2017. Contest will be closed on Tuesday April 18th, or later.

So, good idea is to post it to the end of the Monday.

Do the judges require an image showing the bot within the measurements? My entry is within 42 x 35, so I thought such a picture wouldn't be really needed. If it's needed as a check, would it be OK if I provide it tomorrow, even if it's after the deadline? (After all, I won't be changing the entry, of course).

5 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

Do the judges require an image showing the bot within the measurements? My entry is within 42 x 35, so I thought such a picture wouldn't be really needed. If it's needed as a check, would it be OK if I provide it tomorrow, even if it's after the deadline? (After all, I won't be changing the entry, of course).

@Eric leppen they are required as in the rules.

Edited by Aventador2004

@Aventador2004Where do the rules state there must be a picture of it? i don't think they say anything about a picture, just that it needs to be under the limit.

Assuming it is within size, i don't see a problem with proving that afterwards (today), could be disqualified afterwards if needed.

But of course it is not up to me, i would just be sad to see someone getting left out on such a technicality after all that effort! 

No, there is no need for photo with measurements. When we needed to make sure that bot's size comply with the rules, we asked those specific bot's builder to provide measurements. Otherwise, it is up to you.

To all of you guys who entered your bots in the entry topic: double check all the requirements needed!

• Robot name
  • Signature move name
  • Short summary of the functions.
  • One or more pictures (max 3)
  • Embedded video (mandatory)
  • Link to the discussion topic

In a two hours, I will post a list of entries that are missing one of more of of these requirements. Those entries need to edit their posts in order to be able to participate.

very sad to see no entries with airtanks / pneumatics..... 

some very good entries though.... High standard as always and very creative

good luck everyone

List of the entries that does not meet requirements:

1. @Aventador2004 destructobox v5.2 - Your post has two videos. We must have only one. Earlier, I have asked you to edit your post and fix this, still nothing. Also, not mandatory, but I highly suggest you make your post more readable and more tidy.

2. @braker23 Son of Whyachi - missing link to your discussion topic.

3. @Wilbero79 Deathclaw - missing link to your discussion topic.

4. @TimberBrick Lancelot - your video shows fighting between your bot and two other fully functional bots. You need to edit/make new video presenting your bot only. Jury may close their eyes on some static objects, but we had clearly discussed other robots in the Arena.  

Please edit your entries as soon as possible. Deadline is Today!

Yes, if you need to do it, do it as soon as possible.

All of posting and editing should have been done by now.

Thanks. Wasn't really for myself. Just to clarify. But that deadline is today? Asap isn't really a clear deadline ?

@Milan Topic link added, I was under the impression I've done that, my bad. Thanks for letting me know :)

Edited by braker23

Hello everybody does anyone know why my entry is all jacked up? It was perfect this morning and is now all jacked up. Like the discussion is now a movie and there's just "word" randomly typed in l the sentence where I was explaining the main weapon. @Milan think you can help me plz?

Edited by The Vooduist

16 minutes ago, The Vooduist said:

think you can help me plz?

Sure, but I don't see the problem. Discussion link really goes to discussion topic, and movie is working ok. I don't see any "word" randomly placed neither.

I will send you PM so we will solve that there.

3 hours ago, Milan said:

Sure, but I don't see the problem. Discussion link really goes to discussion topic, and movie is working ok. I don't see any "word" randomly placed neither.

I will send you PM so we will solve that there.

Ok the discussion back but where it says "size" in that sentence that's were "word" is randomly placed. Unless that fixes to.....

Edited by The Vooduist

So, I was just wondering, how many people who entered still have their entries assembled? I do, so if for some reason I have to change something, like adding a picture, I can.

4 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

So, I was just wondering, how many people who entered still have their entries assembled? I do, so if for some reason I have to change something, like adding a picture, I can.

I think there is nothing against doing it in the entry discussion topic but entry topic is locked so also editing replies is forbidden (but wait Milan reply)

Sorry @Milan information topic link in voting topic lead to tc9 why? 

Also we should vote independently from category? For example I can vote all 6 for cat a or cat b and or whether I want or we should give 6 votes for A and 6 for B?

Edited by PKW

That is a valid question, should we consider Cat A and Cat B  mixed fights as well? Given the contest description, I thought they will be separately evaulated as different "weight classes".

Just now, agrof said:

That is a valid question, should we consider Cat A and Cat B  mixed fights as well? Given the contest description, I thought they will be separately evaulated as different "weight classes".

There's no need to judge based on weight classes or something. Simply vote as you would usually do, no need to distinguish between categories. We will do that afterwards.

5 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Voting Topic is up. It would not be fair to add more stuff now. We could change typos, though.

29 minutes ago, PKW said:

Sorry @Milan information topic link in voting topic lead to tc9 why?

Thanks, link fixed.

Thanks Jim for the prompt answer. You know, You made the decision even harder now, right? :laugh: Which hand to bite...

My only concern is: the sbrick bots have an advantage here with more possible features, and thus they can vacuum points from PF bots - which would deserve them in own category. Example: first 5 bots are Cat A, and 1 left only for CAT B - although in Cat B there is still some I would like to vote, because they are in TOP 3 in their own category... but no points left to award. Also if I choose to vote for 3-3 bots from each category, than how to make a balance? The first ones in each categories should (but can not) earn high scores - which has significant influence in end result. I can give 10 points for Cat A 1st, but Cat B first will earn only 6 or 4 points... I feel trouble in the force.

Edited by agrof
added content

I know it sounds a bit counter-intuitive, but we did this in a contest with two categories before. It will make voting a lot easier, and in the end we will have a single Top 3 for the medalists. 

I didn't even think about if a bot was sbrick or pf. Just did my usual of voted for what I liked. Some good entries again!