Hello guys,

I have finished now the Imperial Shuttle I started already a while ago:

Now all of the functions actually work, and the details of the ship have been finished so that everything should
look as smooth as possible. The work was pretty hard balance between accurate looks, working functions and durability,
and I am now quite happy with the result. ^^

Here is a video showing the functions that include:

- 2 x lasercannons
- 2 x missiles
- Backcannon

All of the cannons are launched by pressing different buttons at the bottom of the ship.
The mechanisms behind this are rather complicated and they are based on the use of fishing wire that delivers the force to the right place.

- Wings automatically turn the landing gear open and close. Also, the white covering plates of the landing gear open and close automatically. The wingcannons also turn up and down automatically, though on the video they are a little jammed.
- Boarding ramp and an opening and accessible hatch.
- Removable walls, wall and cockpit canopy.
- Cockpit seats 4 minifigures, the interior has 2 seats, but can accomodate a platoon of up to 8+ minifigures or even more, if
you don't care about comfort.

- Samppu

Edited by Samppu

I love the look of this MOC! The functions are a great addition and set it apart from other MOCs. I'd like to see some high quality photos of this model so I can appreciate it more; good job!

Super impressive. I really like how the landing gear is linked to the wings. Very elegant! :classic:  :thumbup:

44 minutes ago, Samppu said:

- Cockpit seats 4 minifigures, the interior has 2 seats, but can accomodate a platoon of up to 8+ minifigures or even more, if
you don't care about comfort.

Yes, that definitely sounds like the empire :laugh:

Good model. I like your take on the cockpit. Thats hard part to do well and your look better than most I ahve seen so far. What I don't like is the top fin. Using plates for that is sort of dated and really the 'bottom' side looks ugly. For moving wings, this sort of can be aplologized but the top one really needs brick built structure.

Hello!

Looking pretty good, but I would agree 100% with krisandkris12 great take on the cockpit! The top fin definitely needs a solid brick structure then this model would be fantastic. Also get rid of those stud shooters! Jokes! I love the ramp as well it looks awesome, nice take on accessing the interior too!

Kind regards, Ellis.

So when you say it's fully functional...can it also shoot lasers and jump to hyperspace? :devil:

All kidding aside, great MOC!

On 21.2.2017 at 9:55 AM, brobert said:

So when you say it's fully functional...can it also shoot lasers and jump to hyperspace? :devil:

All kidding aside, great MOC!

Never know. I am building at the moment GR-85 Rebel Transport, and I am making it to be power functioned and IR-controlled.

But thank you for all your comments. ^^
I'll be uploading more pics a little later.

On 20.2.2017 at 7:08 PM, krisandkris12 said:

Good model. I like your take on the cockpit. Thats hard part to do well and your look better than most I ahve seen so far. What I don't like is the top fin. Using plates for that is sort of dated and really the 'bottom' side looks ugly. For moving wings, this sort of can be aplologized but the top one really needs brick built structure.

This is one thing I thought, and now that you said it again, I am rethinking if I should use the brick build style.
It is not so simple, though. The reason for the plate-style was in the first place to curve the grey triangles on the both
sides of the fin right; they are triangles not rectangles like in official brick built versions. This can be overcome I believe, but it might
also make the fin to be more fragile. I'll see...

- Samppu

Edited by Samppu

I really like the techniques you used on this model! The way the hull plates attach is very clever, makes accessing the interior a lot easier and connecting the mechanism for the landing gears with the wings folding down is just fantastic. I love how smooth everything folds into place without any fiddling around on the underside of the ship.

Great work on this!