Sign in to follow this  
jaapxaap

Book II Challenge V Category A - The Mailbox!

Hey there!

Finally there's a new GoH build from me! It's been about a year ago since my last one... :/ 
But I got some plans for new builds, when I'll be finished with The Tourney contest at mocpages...

I didn't have a great idea for category A of the challenge for a while, but yesterday evening I found one(and also one for cat. B), and I couldn't resist building it as I think it's stupidly funny :tongue:.
Anyway, here it is:

Messenger: "Hey, soldier! I got an important message for Lord Kiarr. Where can I find him? The message should not be lost!"

Soldier: "Oh, hey! Welcome to Kyrrath! So you got a message? Interesting! hehe... 

Messenger: "Sure I got a message, and it's really important! Can you tell me please where Lord Kiarr is?

Soldier: "Sure I can, but first I have some questions, as I can't send everybody to my Lord..."

Messenger: "It's a message from the resistance, with some very important information! If it get lost, The spire will rule over whole Nocturnus!"

Soldier: "So it's an important message against the spire?!?..."

Messenger: "Yes, the leaders of the resistance send me to Kyrrath to deliver it to Lord Kyrrath, so Nocturnus will get rescued from the spire!"

Soldier: "As you can see, we got a special mailbox for important messages about the war against the spire. Put it in there, and no one that may not read the message will be able to get it out of it, hehe" (He didn't even lie)

Messenger: "Great, that looks very safe! I'll put the letter in the box!"
                    "Thanks for the help, and have a nice day!"

Soldier: "I wish you a 'safe' trip back! As 'safe' as your message is! hehe..." 

When the messenger has left:

Soldier: "hehe, stupid boy. The leaders of the resistance make it easy for us, the spire, if they keep using these stupid, less intelligent messengers..." "This way, there's not even a single reason to kill the messengers, if they are so stupid! And I didn't even have to lie to him! hehe... "

And here's the build:

33010248185_b157641b35_z.jpgGoH - Challenge A - The Mailbox! 

And here's the way we stop messages from the resistance in Kyrrath:

32194728483_f340b60247_z.jpgGoH - Challenge A: The mailbox! 

Kyrrath for purple, Kyrrath for the spire!

Quite a rushed build, but I think you get the idea, and I decided it was funny enough to build and share with you!

Hope you enjoy!

Jaap

Very nice, especially for a rushed build. I like the colors, and the idea of a flaming mailbox is quite clever; though I do wonder how the messenger failed to notice the smoke rising from the flames...

:laugh:  Fantastic idea!  :grin:  Well built too.  This must be Historica's first mailbox! :laugh:  Well, maybe not quite - I actually remember having seen one or two before.

Great idea, jaapxaap!

The ramshackle mailbox looks like an interestingly unusual well!  Nice idea with the fire inside to 'safeguard' the message from being read by the wrong eyes (or anyone's eyes, for that matter)!  I still like your use of purple, especially in those transparent mushrooms!

5 hours ago, Legofin2012 said:

A clever build indeed :grin: And nicely built too, the colours fit perfectly in Nocturnus, the magical mushrooms too, nice work! :thumbup:

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Very nice, especially for a rushed build. I like the colors, and the idea of a flaming mailbox is quite clever; though I do wonder how the messenger failed to notice the smoke rising from the flames...

That's the proof that the messenger of the resistance are really stupid :tongue: (as well as their leaders..)

2 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

:laugh:  Fantastic idea!  :grin:  Well built too.  This must be Historica's first mailbox! :laugh:  Well, maybe not quite - I actually remember having seen one or two before.

If it's not the first mailbox, than it's the first anti-mailbox for sure :tongue:

59 minutes ago, Slegengr said:

Great idea, jaapxaap!

The ramshackle mailbox looks like an interestingly unusual well!  Nice idea with the fire inside to 'safeguard' the message from being read by the wrong eyes (or anyone's eyes, for that matter)!  I still like your use of purple, especially in those transparent mushrooms!

Thanks!

39 minutes ago, Umbra-Manis said:

Nice build! But shame on you for supporting the spire... :tongue:

Nocturnus needs a leader, not some stupid guys thinking they can win together... :grin:

Just now, Blufiji said:

Laugh out loud clever. But wouldn't they see the smoke from the burning?

The messengers of the resistance are just stupid! The soldier is totally right! (he didnt even lie..)

Just now, jaapxaap said:

Thanks!

That's the proof that the messenger of the resistance are really stupid :tongue: (as well as their leaders..)

If it's not the first mailbox, than it's the first anti-mailbox for sure :tongue:

Thanks!

Nocturnus needs a leader, not some stupid guys thinking they can win together... :grin:

The messengers of the resistance are just stupid! The soldier is totally right! (he didnt even lie..)

Hahahahahahahhaha we will see traitor we will see.

:laugh: Haha, definitely a great idea for the category! The little roof over the 'mailbox' looks great, and I like the dark green landscaping. :thumbup:

The idea for this build is funny and so is the little story.

As useally the colors purple and light grey are in your build and it is a bit of your trade mark and that looks great !!

Incinerating mailboxes, certainly seems Nocturnian :laugh: Neat little shelter with your distinctive purple roof :thumbup:

On 20-2-2017 at 5:59 PM, LittleJohn said:

:laugh: Haha, definitely a great idea for the category! The little roof over the 'mailbox' looks great, and I like the dark green landscaping. :thumbup:

Thank you!

On 20-2-2017 at 6:24 PM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

This is great! :laugh: The dark green with purple definitely looks Nocturnus. Like the "mailbox" idea. :thumbup:

Thank you!

On 20-2-2017 at 9:19 PM, don leopold said:

The idea for this build is funny and so is the little story.

As useally the colors purple and light grey are in your build and it is a bit of your trade mark and that looks great !!

Purple is the best!

On 21-2-2017 at 2:13 PM, soccerkid6 said:

Incinerating mailboxes, certainly seems Nocturnian :laugh: Neat little shelter with your distinctive purple roof :thumbup:

Thank you!

On 21-2-2017 at 5:29 PM, TitusV said:

Welcome back Jaap, it's great to see some purple roofs again! :wink: 

Thanks man, it's great to be back!

:laugh: Very funny entry, and as Sk said, very Nocturnian too! :grin:  That mailbox definitely looks 'safe,' certainly, and I really like the small slight you've got up there! :thumbup:  Great to see you back! :excited:

This thing has a great look, smooth and worn down at the same time. Nice way of keeping Kyrrath spam mail free. :laugh: