For the Resistance!

In Nocturnus, there are places in-acessible to even the most agile of land messengers. As all forces are needed to overthrow the spire, messengers have taken to the skies.

540x960.png

I had better plans for this category, but a computer death threw that plan out the window. C&C Welcome! I'm also on flickr  now.

Excellent challenge entry. How did you achieve that realistic look through rendering? I've seen other LDD builds rendered through POV-Ray that look less like real bricks. It took me a few seconds to realize this was in LDD.

Excellent bug, especially the piece usage for the wings :thumbup: Great little base too, the NK shields give some nice decoration.

Very interesting but, Umbra-Manis!

As others stated, the parts usage for the wings is clever!  The base works well as a nice accent to the bug rider.  This is a good build for LDD with great techniques and excellent rendering!

13 hours ago, Brandon Stark said:

Excellent challenge entry. How did you achieve that realistic look through rendering? I've seen other LDD builds rendered through POV-Ray that look less like real bricks. It took me a few seconds to realize this was in LDD.

Thanks Brandon! I import most of my LDD builds into Mecabricks, refine them there, and then export for render in blender.

5 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Great little (big?) bug and excellent base. I especially like the use of the Nexo-shield tiles for the border. 

Big for us, small for Nocturnus! Thanks Henjin!

4 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

Great use of those windscreens! The base is nicely executed :classic:

Thanks SK!

3 hours ago, LittleJohn said:

Excellent bug, especially the piece usage for the wings :thumbup: Great little base too, the NK shields give some nice decoration.

Thanks LJ!

3 hours ago, Slegengr said:

Very interesting but, Umbra-Manis!

As others stated, the parts usage for the wings is clever!  The base works well as a nice accent to the bug rider.  This is a good build for LDD with great techniques and excellent rendering!

Thank you slegengr!

Great use of these trans-orange pieces, you've created a really cool beast!

On 2/21/2017 at 10:32 AM, TitusV said:

Great use of these trans-orange pieces, you've created a really cool beast!

Thanks Titus!

I do wonder if LEGO really wants us to use those canopy pieces as giant insect wings, they certainly are better used as bug parts!

Cool entry, wouldn't have thought of insects, but given the swamp environment that makes perfect sense! Great bug and also the black decorated border is nice. :classic::thumbup:

Btw, it seems like the canopy pieces have a reflection of a living room, which is an utterly ridiculous/brilliant way of making the render more photorealistic!