Sign in to follow this  
Legofin2012

Book II, Challenge V: Cat A -A Welcome Message (Pt.2)

Part 1 (Spire) )

When the ice begins to melt, and the springs start to flow again, it's not uncommon to use these fresh sources as water supply. However packages floating down river are a bit more peculiar... 

32136617653_e6de85955e_c.jpg

A young boy sent out to collect water, nothing strange, until a leather satchel floats through the metal bars, getting stuck for a few seconds before washing up by his feet.

32910389026_b3857e837b_c.jpg

At first curious, he then notices blood stains on the bag, and quickly runs off to alert a guard of his discovery, who spread the word to the town leader...

32797306912_a3a01c3a34_c.jpg

(Guard) -Sir! A young boy found this satchel floating own the stream, we opened it to take a look and inside is a message, and an important one too...

(Finn) -Well then, what does it say?

-The message got a bit wet during its voyage, but we've managed to decipher it, it's concerning the heir sir!

-The heir? The king has returned? Rightful ruler of all Historica, the only one who can unite the guilds!

-Yes, well... debatable, but there's a meeting, in Cedrica, it calls to all leaders in all the guilds, to discuss the oncoming threat of Raavage and The Spire... Also something about another helm, but the ink smudged down there with the water...

-Very well, prepare a small travelling party, I shall head to Cedrica. As for the message it must be spread across the land, send out multiple messengers, with guards, don't want the same to happen to them...  We must also attempt to find the original messenger, send a group of men up stream, they might find something...

-Very well sir.

32826816921_562c9d104f_c.jpg

So this is part 2, for the resistance, I wanted to enter a build for each side and have them linked, not just two completely separate builds :classic:

-Thanks for stopping by! 

This is great! The small section of wall and the tower are excellently laid out and built, with the 1x1 round plates, along with the round tiles, giving just enough texture to the walls to make them interesting without being overwhelming. It fits together with your other build nicely. 

15 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Quite nice, I like how the tower is built, especially with the little angled roof. :thumbup:

Thank you, the angled roof was awkward to to a point I was happy with, although it's rather fragile :grin:

14 hours ago, Windusky said:

That architecutre. Amazing job :thumbup:

Thanks, this build was almost to test the architecture for a possible future Nordic village build/new location in Mitgardia :wink:

11 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

This is great! The small section of wall and the tower are excellently laid out and built, with the 1x1 round plates, along with the round tiles, giving just enough texture to the walls to make them interesting without being overwhelming. It fits together with your other build nicely. 

Thank you, that's what I was aiming for, a sort of continuation between this and my Spire build :sweet:

Excellent wall texturing here, the 2x2 and 1x1 round tiles look great :thumbup: The bits of rockwork around the lower sections of the wall are very nice, and the stream ties in well with your previous build :classic:

Great continuation of your previous build, legofin!

The amount of detail for this size of build is perfect with the stone texturing and log wall as well as the terrain and stream!  The snowdrifts are nicely built.  Your signature black base makes the stream spill-over all the more effective!

hehe you've had me smiling when noticing the satchel from your other build ^^ really nice texture on the tower, I'm a fan of 1x1 rounds!

Wow. Very nice stonework here, and kudos on a great sectional take on showing us a fort/castle on a small footprint!

Tremendous tower for such a small footprint! The stone walls over the stream, with wood palisade built into the middle is really neat :thumbup:

Also well done on pulling off that little roof!

A very inventive way to deliver the message, and I also really like that tower! :thumbup: the fact that you got the very small roof still at an angle, is also really cool!

On 20 February 2017 at 6:56 AM, LittleJohn said:

Excellent wall texturing here, the 2x2 and 1x1 round tiles look great :thumbup: The bits of rockwork around the lower sections of the wall are very nice, and the stream ties in well with your previous build :classic:

Thank you LJ, glad it doesn't look too overcrowded :classic:

On 20 February 2017 at 7:35 AM, Umbra-Manis said:

Excellent all around build! The tower, base, and water all look great!

Thank you very much :sweet:

On 20 February 2017 at 8:27 AM, Slegengr said:

Great continuation of your previous build, legofin!

The amount of detail for this size of build is perfect with the stone texturing and log wall as well as the terrain and stream!  The snowdrifts are nicely built.  Your signature black base makes the stream spill-over all the more effective!

Thanks, I was worried the landscape was going to be too basic here compared to the last build, as the focus for this one was more on the structure, but happy it looks ok :sweet:

On 20 February 2017 at 0:54 PM, en_zoo said:

hehe you've had me smiling when noticing the satchel from your other build ^^ really nice texture on the tower, I'm a fan of 1x1 rounds!

I've been hoping people will look at the builds in the right order to notice, even if they don't read the story to notice a continuation, and thanks! :classic:

On 20 February 2017 at 3:27 PM, mrcp6d said:

Wow. Very nice stonework here, and kudos on a great sectional take on showing us a fort/castle on a small footprint!

Thank you, I'm hoping to make this style into a new northern Mitgardia village, maybe start off with a few separate builds, but hopefully one day a large full town :sweet:

On 21 February 2017 at 5:16 AM, soccerkid6 said:

Tremendous tower for such a small footprint! The stone walls over the stream, with wood palisade built into the middle is really neat :thumbup:

Also well done on pulling off that little roof!

Thanks SK, it seemed logical to not just have the logs resting on the wall, so that is how I image the wall would be built :classic: That little roof took way too long it figure out :grin:

On 21 February 2017 at 8:28 AM, TitusV said:

A very inventive way to deliver the message, and I also really like that tower! :thumbup: the fact that you got the very small roof still at an angle, is also really cool!

Thank you, I don't know whether story comes into the judging, but it was fun to come up with and write :classic:

It's nice to see that the heroism of the messenger was not in vain. And also to see ordinary Mitgardians going about their lives.

On 23 February 2017 at 8:22 AM, Muakhah said:

It's nice to see that the heroism of the messenger was not in vain. And also to see ordinary Mitgardians going about their lives.

He died for a worthy cause, and now thanks to him the northern clans men can aid in the fight! And thanks :classic: