Sign in to follow this  
dathil

Book II Challenge V Cat A - Spire - Algus interception

After the recent events in Beggar's Inn, as many messengers as possible had been dispatched, to every corner of the guilds. One messenger, going near the Frozen Beyond to inform the small outposts there for the peril of the coalition of the Algus and the Spire, was not that smart. Not being a native Mitgardian, he grew very cold, and thus he made a fire, out in the open. From a nearby Algus outpost, a Can'gru Chariot was dispatched quickly. Those strong but quick beasts had been cultivated by the Algus long ago, and were used nowadays not only for meat, but also as mounts and beasts of burden. the Can'gru, even though they look so herbivorelikely cute, always hunger for fresh meat. The poor messenger is their incentive to bring their Algus masters to their superiors, to hand them the message.

32181479643_85438392e4_c.jpgAlgus interception by David de Rijke, on Flickr

Edited by dathil

Just now, Leonardo da Bricki said:

This is great! The use of Tauntauns is always good. :wink: Just one thing to improve, the road could use some studs, grass stems, something to break up the smooth tiles.

Thanks! I did not even know they were called like that. I got two as a free bonus on a LOTR lot one day (I know they are from SW) and this is the first time using them. You are right, concerning the road; yet most of my 'not-square' bleys and darkbleys are used in a WIP :p

Very nice build Dathil. It looks really complex; it must've been difficult to put together!

32 minutes ago, Windusky said:

Very nice build Dathil. It looks really complex; it must've been difficult to put together!

The wooden structure ends in two connector hubs on the rear, in which I fitted the tails of the Can'gru. Because of the chains nothing did displace, but it is not the most stable construction :D

Very nice use of Tauntauns. They are a great Mitgardian animal for sure due to their adaptations for cold and snow. The platform is a creative use of parts and an interesting way of capturing the action. Good work!

Very nice entry, dathil :thumbup: The wooden frame-work looks great, especially with the various chains connecting it all. Excellent snowscaping as well :classic:

Interesting riders, dathil!

The platform looks challenging to build, but quite nicely rickety for the Algus that ride it!  Excellent use of the Tauntauns!  Your SNOT base works well here with the snowy edges and stone path.  The bush is a great addition!

Very nice use of a prefab animal..amazing what you can do with a little time and imagination with those things.

Crazy idea, well executed! I really like how unstable the deck looks.

I wonder, this vs. a Kaliphlin war elephant... who wins? :devil:

Wonderful entry! I love the intricate structure with all the poles and chains! The base looks a bit too messy to me, maybe a two plate thick, studs on the side, frame in black would work out better (the snow overhang is really nice though, definitely keep that!)?

I know it is a real pain to do, but I think it would really look much better with an edited white background. Other than that, really awesome work! :classic::thumbup:

Lovely :wub: the use of the tauntans is great, and that wooden platform is gorgeous! :thumbup:  great job