Sign in to follow this  
Brandon Stark

[OL - Feb FB5] Batterie Royale, Dragonstone

32161845023_32b10aca40.jpgRoyal Battery by Brandon Stark, on Flickr

A new colony always needs a fort, to protect itself from any enemies. Thus, on a small island that stands at the entrance to Dragonstone Bay, Brandon Lantell, the mayor of Dragonstone, ordered the construction of the Royal Battery. The battery is located on high ground, meaning it is hard to storm, or to be hit by cannon fire, but can also fire down onto any ship trying to force its way into the bay. 

Though the royal architect in the New World instead headed to Stephanique to build a fort for Lavalette, Brandon was able to request another architect from Breshaun, who was able to make plans for a fort for Dragonstone. Construction began almost as soon as the first settlers began to arrive, and was finished quickly. The fort's construction comes just as war looms between Eslandola and Mardier.

Edited by Brandon Stark

Nice polyvalent battery.

I would have add some elevation variations around it and probably add some vegetation around as you're describing the battery atop of a hilly position. That could be great to see you try more variations and vegetation on LDD now that you seem at ease with the software.

A good little fortified position ! Good job. (But beware of the plants... I am not sure cannons can do something against them...) :laugh::tongue:

On 20/2/2017 at 7:30 PM, Faladrin said:

A good little fortified position ! Good job. (But beware of the plants... I am not sure cannons can do something against them...) :laugh::tongue:

It is indeed a nice fortification. Now blast those pesky plants to smithereens!!! Or use pesticides. Or petrol and pollute the whole island for centuries! Muhaha!

This looks like a cut-out of a bigger and heavier fortress. Excellent job!

20 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

... Now blast those pesky plants to smithereens!!! Or use pesticides. Or petrol and pollute the whole island for centuries! Muhaha!

Ouch ! Pollute the island ! You're a bit too early for that...

And what would say the Corries (and Greenpeace...) if you ruin the biodiversity of the island... :laugh: :tongue:

Nicely looking little fort. I like the battlements with those guns sticking out between them. I would like to see you move beyond the square footprint to try out some more landscaping and depth to your builds. I do enjoy the stories you accompany your builds with.

10 minutes ago, Faladrin said:

And what would say the Corries (and Greenpeace...) if you ruin the biodiversity of the island... :laugh: :tongue:

LEBENSRAUM FOR ALL ZE PLANTS!

On 2/20/2017 at 9:30 AM, Faladrin said:

Nice polyvalent battery.

I would have add some elevation variations around it and probably add some vegetation around as you're describing the battery atop of a hilly position. That could be great to see you try more variations and vegetation on LDD now that you seem at ease with the software.

Thanks! This battery is mainly to defend the harbor, not inland. However, I have another solution for the plants. :devil:

On 2/21/2017 at 11:52 AM, blackdeathgr said:

It is indeed a nice fortification. Now blast those pesky plants to smithereens!!! Or use pesticides. Or petrol and pollute the whole island for centuries! Muhaha!

Thank you! Why would you blast them when you could use them as a weapon against Corries? :laugh:

On 2/22/2017 at 1:18 AM, Maxim I said:

This looks like a cut-out of a bigger and heavier fortress. Excellent job!

Thank you!

On 2/22/2017 at 8:21 AM, Faladrin said:

Ouch ! Pollute the island ! You're a bit too early for that...

Oh, we're not going to pollute the island. We have better plans. 

On 2/22/2017 at 8:39 AM, Bregir said:

Nicely looking little fort. I like the battlements with those guns sticking out between them. I would like to see you move beyond the square footprint to try out some more landscaping and depth to your builds. I do enjoy the stories you accompany your builds with.

LEBENSRAUM FOR ALL ZE PLANTS!

Thanks! I haven't tried using an irregular base yet, but I'll have to try. Glad to see someone enjoying my stories.

On 2/22/2017 at 9:11 AM, blackdeathgr said:

Their lebensraum is below the surface. Stick to the roots! Muhahaha!

I'm sorry, as an American, I have no idea what lebensraum is. Is it German? 

Edited by Brandon Stark