carnage717

Tie Bomber MOC Hybrid of 75150 and 75154

Here is one of my newest MOC's a Tie Bomber. This is sort of a Hybrid between the Cockpit of the Tie Striker and the Panel off of Vader's Advanced Tie. I kept the basic construction of the orginal cockpit from the Tie striker and got rid of all the mechanical parts that raised the wings. To made the Bomber section I just kept the similar structure of the Cockpit and tried to round it out more. For the wings I I used the a set of wings off of the Advanced tie and lengthened them by 4 studs to make them a little longer. I tried to finish it out with a little greebling around the ship and I'm very happy with how it turned out. 

IMG_3085.jpg

IMG_3086.jpg

IMG_3087.jpg

This looks fantastic!  Great work!  Just out of curiosity, is that a printed piece or sticker on the bomb chute?

It's a shame that this is getting overshadowed by the momentous Toy Fair coverage, 'cause this is a great MOC.  Much better than I could do.  You're right, the TIE Bomber is very similar to two TIE Striker pods and the TIE Advanced wings.  This looks like a mini UCS set.  :thumbup:

love it great job so you say this is made from a tie striker & a vaders advanced tie fighter ? were there many extra bits required on top as I fancy giving this a go

seems strange the older I get the more I feel the pull from the dark side and start to prefer the tie fighter variants to the rebel ships

5 hours ago, roadstermatt said:

love it great job so you say this is made from a tie striker & a vaders advanced tie fighter ? were there many extra bits required on top as I fancy giving this a go

seems strange the older I get the more I feel the pull from the dark side and start to prefer the tie fighter variants to the rebel ships

I ended up having to Bricklink the bombing section which is bascially another Tie striker cockpit piece minus all the stuff on the inside. In reality its basically sqaure box with Curved panels attached to each side and top. The top is 2x4 Curved slopes and the sides are made up fo 2x3 and 1x3 curved slopes attached to brackets on each side. To extend the wings you just need add 4x4 Black plates to each section on both sides at the back and then some wedge plates to fill in the gaps.

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 1:38 AM, carnage717 said:

I ended up having to Bricklink the bombing section which is bascially another Tie striker cockpit piece minus all the stuff on the inside. In reality its basically sqaure box with Curved panels attached to each side and top. The top is 2x4 Curved slopes and the sides are made up fo 2x3 and 1x3 curved slopes attached to brackets on each side. To extend the wings you just need add 4x4 Black plates to each section on both sides at the back and then some wedge plates to fill in the gaps.

well I've just brought a vaders tie fighter / A wing set so next up will be a striker or two holding out for a sale / figure less sets on e-bay

I like this a lot... if TLG doesn't release an updated TIE Bomber soon, I may try this as well. One piece of unsolicited feedback: I think the wings need to extend even farther back. If you do a search for "TIE Bomber Blueprints" you can find an overhead view... it looks like they extend way behind the body?

On 3/1/2017 at 10:59 PM, jdubbs said:

I like this a lot... if TLG doesn't release an updated TIE Bomber soon, I may try this as well. One piece of unsolicited feedback: I think the wings need to extend even farther back. If you do a search for "TIE Bomber Blueprints" you can find an overhead view... it looks like they extend way behind the body?

I've thought about extending them further back another 4 or 6 studs but to do that I'm going to have to order some more hinge pieces to reinforce the back part of the wings

just ordered 2 tie strikers without the figures for less than the retail of one at that to the recent purchase of a second Vaders tie fighter and I think I will be having a go at this