Deep in the forest of Eolas resides a man who likes to think himself the Historica's best herbalist. Maybe once that was true but he has grown old and lazy. He now spends most of "researching" pipe weed in his overgrown tower which is almost as old and crooked as he is.

32033599803_86289a52af_z.jpg

32694941322_770615fe77_z.jpg

Not much to say on this, so hope you enjoy :D 

Credit goes to Legonardo Davidy roof and tree style :)

Edited by The Maestro

That is a really nice tower you got there. I'm curious about the technique on the tree, stone, and half-timbered sections. It looks like a bunch of pieces were randomly thrown together, in a good way, of course. The texturing is amazing, as usual.

Your style resembles LD's a bit more every time I see a new build from you. Next you'll be putting helmets into the walls... I like the way the tree is growing through the house, even out of the window, and the tudor section of the top has been knocked askew by the growth. I don't actually like the tree very much, though, and I think it is because it needs more foliage to provide an adequate counterbalance to the building. Also, the dark red leaf does not work there, I think. The door is great, though, and I like the overall build. 

To quote Brandon Stark: this really looks like a bunch of pieces thrown together, but in a positive way! :thumbup: you're getting reallu good at these angled sections, keep it up

Nice work, Maestro. The stone texturing is excellent, as is the tudor section on top of the tree :thumbup:
I can't say I'm a huge fan of the tree itself though; the dark red leaves really don't blend well with all the greens, and I don't like how the tree seems to completely 'disappear' into the tower for a brick or so.
Some more leaves would definitely help as well. Overall though, another great build, keep it up :classic:

I really like the red door, and how you made the tower lean in different places. 

Nicely executed 'rickety' house. I think more of the tree, and less tower might look better overall though, at least another few branches :classic:

Nice tower, Maestro!

The lean on the building and the ingrown tree really add to the fun of this build!  This does resemble LD's style quite a bit in a very good way!  I am in agreement with Henjin and SK that it would have looked better with more tree trunk, branches, and foliage, but I do still like it how it is.  Nice half-timber techniques and beautiful red door!

I am agreeing with everyone else here..more tree less house, but a wonderfully executed build as far as technique and texturing goes.

I agree with LJ - the tree disappearing into the wall look a bit off. I think you could've probably done it if the lower part of the trunk had curved inwards first and only after had got into the wall. However, I really like how the window has been destroyed by the growth. I also quite like the character too ^^

On 2/18/2017 at 4:29 PM, Brandon Stark said:

That is a really nice tower you got there. I'm curious about the technique on the tree, stone, and half-timbered sections. It looks like a bunch of pieces were randomly thrown together, in a good way, of course. The texturing is amazing, as usual.

Haha, thanks Brandon. Although it took me a long time to actually put together the stone work im glad you think it gave off that effect. 

On 2/19/2017 at 3:35 AM, Henjin_Quilones said:

Your style resembles LD's a bit more every time I see a new build from you. Next you'll be putting helmets into the walls... I like the way the tree is growing through the house, even out of the window, and the tudor section of the top has been knocked askew by the growth. I don't actually like the tree very much, though, and I think it is because it needs more foliage to provide an adequate counterbalance to the building. Also, the dark red leaf does not work there, I think. The door is great, though, and I like the overall build. 

Thanks HQ, well that was the plan... :tongue: I agree with you on the point of more foliage. it really does lack some. I do like the red there although i can see where you are comming from. 

On 2/19/2017 at 6:51 AM, TitusV said:

To quote Brandon Stark: this really looks like a bunch of pieces thrown together, but in a positive way! :thumbup: you're getting reallu good at these angled sections, keep it up

Thanks Titus, I will try too :classic:

On 2/19/2017 at 9:56 AM, LittleJohn said:

Nice work, Maestro. The stone texturing is excellent, as is the tudor section on top of the tree :thumbup:
I can't say I'm a huge fan of the tree itself though; the dark red leaves really don't blend well with all the greens, and I don't like how the tree seems to completely 'disappear' into the tower for a brick or so.
Some more leaves would definitely help as well. Overall though, another great build, keep it up :classic:

yeah, the tree disappearing didn't really work out the way I though it would. Thanks for the advice LJ :thumbup:

On 2/19/2017 at 2:57 PM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Nice build, the shaping is excellent. :thumbup: The window in the tree trunk is cool, but the tree could use more leaves, branches.

Some more leaves/branches could definitely help, thanks.

On 2/20/2017 at 9:41 AM, Windusky said:

I really like the red door, and how you made the tower lean in different places. 

Thanks windusky, the red door is one of my favorite parts too.

On 2/20/2017 at 4:04 PM, soccerkid6 said:

Nicely executed 'rickety' house. I think more of the tree, and less tower might look better overall though, at least another few branches :classic:

Thanks SK, I completely agree.

On 2/21/2017 at 5:20 AM, Slegengr said:

Nice tower, Maestro!

The lean on the building and the ingrown tree really add to the fun of this build!  This does resemble LD's style quite a bit in a very good way!  I am in agreement with Henjin and SK that it would have looked better with more tree trunk, branches, and foliage, but I do still like it how it is.  Nice half-timber techniques and beautiful red door!

Thanks Slegenger, I was going for that rickety style that LD does so well. I think we all agree on the tree :tongue:

On 2/21/2017 at 5:41 AM, Blufiji said:

I am agreeing with everyone else here..more tree less house, but a wonderfully executed build as far as technique and texturing goes.

Thanks Blufiji, more tree less house sums it up perfectly.

On 2/21/2017 at 10:09 AM, en_zoo said:

I agree with LJ - the tree disappearing into the wall look a bit off. I think you could've probably done it if the lower part of the trunk had curved inwards first and only after had got into the wall. However, I really like how the window has been destroyed by the growth. I also quite like the character too ^^

I always find the characters inspire my build and I think this build suits him perfectly, thanks.