Sign in to follow this  
Legofin2012

Book II, Challenge V: Cat A -ClearFalls Encounter (Pt.1)

Somewhere in the Mitgardian mountains. Travelling alone can get lonely, but sometimes unwanted company can be worse...

Messengers have been sent out all over Historica announcing the return of the heir, and an important meeting of free-Historica's leaders to plan the next move against Raavage and his advancing forces. But naturally The Spire could not sit back and let this happen, as many messengers as possible must be stopped.

32107739054_b2effe458f_c.jpg

Walking across a rocky path through Mitgardian mountains, the lone messenger never expected to see much more than a bear or two. But arriving at a small bridge in the path, all of a sudden an icy wind starts to pick up, most peculiar, ice storms are usually reserved for the depths of winter, not the beginning of spring, the snow had even started to melt and the streams flow again... But it did not take long for the messenger to realize this was no ordinary snow storm as the frozen wind started to swirl around him, the beast he used to carry supplies quickly bucked, running off into the storm. He was alone, on the small wooden bridge, with the raging storm swirling around him, leaving a clearing in what seemed to be the eye of a tornado.

32951163405_548d031f1b_c.jpg

Although this was only the beginning, when out of he storm came two men, charging at him. It began to make sense, the men were Spire soldiers, and for the storm? An unlikely alliance, it must have been conjured using magic to stop the messenger, the Algus had joined the Spire. With the surrounding storm he had nowhere to run, knowing the importance of the message he was carrying in his satchel, the only option was to fight.

32107734134_06210b9dd3_c.jpg

It was a valiant effort, but eventually he was outnumbered. Knowing he had lost, seconds before the final blow was dealt, he cast the leather satchel into the flowing stream below, down the waterfalls, in the hopes that someone, somewhere would find it...

32107723584_a7c9315926_c.jpg

The surviving Spire men walked away from the scene, as the swirling storm died down, leaving behind them only bloodied bodies, and a lost message...

So that was my first entry for Category A of Challenge V, this one for The Spire, stopping Historica from uniting against Raavage at all cost. This was fun to build, and I was happy yo use the Tauntaun in a Mitgardia build again :grin: 

-Thanks for looking!

Very nice work, I especially love your signature black + irregular base!  The little bridge looks great too!

Excellent build, the bridge is great and I really like the dark green tree :thumbup: As usual, your irregular base is superb as well.

that base keeps surprising me, it works so wonderfully well with the rockwork! Great build :thumbup:

Great work, Legofin! The irregular base is good as usual, but the highlight for this one for me is the dark green tree in the background. And of course I love the Tauntaun--glad to see it back again!

Nice work on the MOC, I really like the rock and snow scaping.  However, I think posing the dead Spire soldier and the staff on the black border is a bit of a misstep and detracts from the build.  If it's still together, I'd recommend repositioning such that they're on the "true" MOC and reshooting--my two cents.

Also, tauntauns are always awesome!

One of my favorite landscapes from you: the little stream, rocky banks, bridge, and snow all come together so well :wub:

I always enjoy seeing your creations, particularly Mitgardian :wink: So keep them coming!

22 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Very nice work, I especially love your signature black + irregular base!  The little bridge looks great too!

Thank you, glad people still like the base :sweet:

21 hours ago, LittleJohn said:

Excellent build, the bridge is great and I really like the dark green tree :thumbup: As usual, your irregular base is superb as well.

Thanks, the tree nearly didn't make it due to an awkward connection point, but I'm pleased it was worth including :sweet:

19 hours ago, TitusV said:

that base keeps surprising me, it works so wonderfully well with the rockwork! Great build :thumbup:

Thanks, I'm happy the base doesn't get old, as the alternative would just be no base, a border wouldn't work well with the rocks :classic:

18 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Great work, Legofin! The irregular base is good as usual, but the highlight for this one for me is the dark green tree in the background. And of course I love the Tauntaun--glad to see it back again!

Thank you, the Tauntaun fits perfectly in Mitgardia, I think it's a shame it doesn't get used more, horses are too mainstream nowadays :grin:

17 hours ago, mrcp6d said:

Nice work on the MOC, I really like the rock and snow scaping.  However, I think posing the dead Spire soldier and the staff on the black border is a bit of a misstep and detracts from the build.  If it's still together, I'd recommend repositioning such that they're on the "true" MOC and reshooting--my two cents.

Also, tauntauns are always awesome!

Thanks, and hm, I see what you mean... although there wasn't really much space left, but honestly if this was still intact I would probably do that, but I needed parts for Part 2 :sceptic:

1 hour ago, soccerkid6 said:

One of my favorite landscapes from you: the little stream, rocky banks, bridge, and snow all come together so well :wub:

I always enjoy seeing your creations, particularly Mitgardian :wink: So keep them coming!

Thanks SK, glad you like my builds, and Mitgardia is especially fun to build in so this definitely won't be the last! :wink: 

I ussually don't like using Star Wars things for fantasy, because they are so instantly recognizable as Star Wars that they look out of place to me... having said this, the Taun-Taun works suprisingly well and I actually really like it here (and the build), great!

On 18 February 2017 at 11:52 PM, Isundir said:

I ussually don't like using Star Wars things for fantasy, because they are so instantly recognizable as Star Wars that they look out of place to me... having said this, the Taun-Taun works suprisingly well and I actually really like it here (and the build), great!

Yeah, I get what you mean, but the tauntaun fits nicely in Mitgardia, in fact far up north I almost feel like they're more suited than horses :grin: And thank you :sweet:

15 hours ago, Windusky said:

Awesome use of the Tauntaun! That's some nice terrain as well. :classic:

Thank you, the focus for this build was more the landscape, whereas for Part 2 the focus was more on the architecture :classic:

Very nice build, legofin!

The snowscape, rockwork, and waterfall are all beautiful!  I like both types of trees as well, especially the small snow-covered cheese-wedge trees!  The small bridge is quite nice with the subtle decorative details and the arch piece!

Interesting story and great fig posing as well.  It is nice to see another build to continue where this story left off with the message in the stream.

On 20 February 2017 at 6:55 AM, Slegengr said:

Very nice build, legofin!

The snowscape, rockwork, and waterfall are all beautiful!  I like both types of trees as well, especially the small snow-covered cheese-wedge trees!  The small bridge is quite nice with the subtle decorative details and the arch piece!

Interesting story and great fig posing as well.  It is nice to see another build to continue where this story left off with the message in the stream.

Thank you, I quite like the smaller trees too, the right balance of simple and effective :wink: the bridge took a few alliterations to get right, so I'm glad it turned out alright :classic:

On 20 February 2017 at 7:47 AM, Umbra-Manis said:

Great work on this build as well! I like how you connected the two entries!

Thanks, guess you saw them in the wrong order then, but oh well :grin: That was really the main idea behind both builds, two separate builds for both sides, where both sides "succeed" in a way :classic:

On 20 February 2017 at 0:46 PM, en_zoo said:

lovely build, I really enjoyed the story as well - intense and to the point.

Thanks, glad the story was enjoyed, gotta practice story writing skills for Cat C :grin:

Really nice build, Legofin, I love the overflowing landscape siting on your signature black base!  Great job capturing the Mitgardian atmosphere, and excellent use of that Tauntaun there too! :grin:  I do feel somewhat sorry for that poor messenger, though! 

On 23 February 2017 at 8:21 AM, Muakhah said:

The stream and bridge are my favorite parts. It has a lovely looking flow to the water.

Thanks, I tried to make the waterfalls look natural :classic:

20 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Really nice build, Legofin, I love the overflowing landscape siting on your signature black base!  Great job capturing the Mitgardian atmosphere, and excellent use of that Tauntaun there too! :grin:  I do feel somewhat sorry for that poor messenger, though! 

Thank you, well at least the message was delivered eventually, even if he payed the ultimate sacrifice, now the Northern clans shall aid in the freedom of Historica! :grin: