larsy

Brick bank or Parisian restaurant

Back in 2015 I bought the detectives office. Now I want another modular building but I don't know if I should get the Parisian restaurant or brick bank. 

Both are nice, but I prefer the Parisian Restaurant.  It looks great inside and out on all sides.  PR happens to be the older one, so it could retire sooner than the bank.  

I have both and PR is superior IMO unless you prefer boxy buildings. Of course BB is kind of squat compared to the other modular so and needs to be taller; I added an extra row of windows to the third floor which you can see towards the end of the BB review thread.

Edited by gotoAndLego

I also recommend you to buy and build PR first.

BB is a nice building and there's a funny story behind it. But PR will be an eyecatcher in your city - locate it in a green suburban area and you will not regret your buy.

I agree.  The PR is a really good build and final product.  Don't write off PC either.  Some don't like it, but for what it is, I think it's pretty good.  Great for Modding too.

This is a no-brainer: The PR by far. There is absolutely nothing to complain about. The build is enjoyable from the first to the very last brick. Only very few repetitions. The design is absolutely beautiful and the part per price ratio is also top notch.

Looks like we all agree :classic:

I love both buildings, but if I had to pick just one, it would definitely be PR.
If you plan on collecting more modulars, PR is also the best option, since it is the older of the two, as stated above.

You'll have a great time building both, though!

Buy the PR first, then the BB. 

I actually prefer the BB, but it's not a complete street without the PR plus also it will more likely be retired before the BB and the way prices on Modulars go after retirement - yeah, good luck with that ! :laugh:

PR first because it was released first and Brick Bank will probably be available longer.

But then get the Brick Bank because it is such a good set. 

On 2/18/2017 at 3:01 PM, Venunder said:

PR first because it was released first and Brick Bank will probably be available longer.

But then get the Brick Bank because it is such a good set. 

I agree. Get them before they go away... PR is a few years old. BB just came out.

maybe you can try to get first the PS ( 10218 ) and than maybe the PC - PR - BB

my favorite is the BB ( love the glas 6142942 )

Goodluck

Greetings

I'll echo the sentiments here, PR is a fantastic building. And of course, the older of the two. The colors are great. While interiors don't really matter to me because I rarely pull off the floors once I build them, they are fun to build. BB also has all that as well, specially building the ground floor section of the bank itself. But again, PR is older, so it's likely to go first.