don leopold

Book II Challenge V Category A : Nocturnian orc deliver a "message"

This is my entry for the Category A of Challenge V in Guilds of Historica.

On a sunny morning there was clamor and fear in the streets of Norvica.
What was going on why some residents of this peaceful town are sceaming and flee into their houses ?
A Nocturnian orc was riding on a horse with a fasten prisoner draging behind him.
Everybody recognize this prisoner, it was Bundar the farmer, he lives in a ranch a few miles outside the city.
Wait a minute, orcs never ride horses, that must be Bundar his horse he is riding on !!
Two members of the royal guards of Norvica are coming in action and try to make a ambush for this Nocturnian orc and free Bundar.
Lets hope they make this nightmare to a good end, because the guards of Norvica never got a challenge like this before.

32105181504_e477b427ba.jpg

32105179334_c4a3d4f564.jpg

For more pictures look on my Flickr account.

A very beautiful build! Your style is easily recognisable, and I really like the balcon! Great job! :thumbup: 

Nice! The colors fit together really good, and of course, the flag works great for over the door, but the reddish brown studs on the side of the building are just a wonderful addition helping the scene look real! Keep it up! :D

Excellent entry, don, I especially like the awning made out of the flags :thumbup: You don't see too many MOCs with sloping streets, but it works really well here, and helps give the build a little more height variation.
The one thing I don't like is the roof; the 2x2x2 domes don't quite fit right, in my opinion, at least not the middle one. A lower, flatter dome I think would've looked nice here. :classic:

Edited by LittleJohn

Excellent texture all around, and the balcony with awning is perfect :wub: Love the fig posing with the guards waiting to ambush the orc :thumbup:

Very nice build, great texture one the wall and the balcony is really cool too!

Instantly recognizable as a Don Leopold design!

I also like the texturing and the variation in street elevation.  The awning and balcony are great!  This is a nice filler building for the limited challenge footprint.  The door and window add character to the building, as do the log ends protruding from the walls!

3 hours ago, LittleJohn said:

Excellent entry, don, I especially like the awning made out of the flags :thumbup: You don't see too many MOCs with sloping streets, but it works really well here, and helps give the build a little more height variation.
The one thing I don't like is the roof; the 2x2x2 domes don't quite fit right, in my opinion, at least not the middle one. A lower, flatter dome I think would've looked nice here. :classic:

As I was about to comment and read this, basically I just wanted to say this :tongue: but I'll still say, great work.

I actually like the domes as they are, though I think it would also look good with larger dome there as well, maybe a 4x4 dome, or even something larger. That being said, the use of color and texture is excellent. The reddish brown looks very nice next to the tan and dark tan of the rest, and the flowers and figs provide just the right amount of color to complement the dusty world you have created. My main complaint is that I don't really like the daggers as hinges here; they do look nice, but they feel out of place, especially the gold part. Otherwise, great job!

I'm with Henjin and like the domes here.  Nothing wrong with a little architectural variation, especially in Kaliphlin!