On 3/11/2017 at 10:25 PM, Aventador2004 said:

Very nice car, if I had the parts I would absolutely build it

Aventador

Thanks man!

Below is the mechanism I used to open hood and tear down photos part 2

32546467104_a8269d6267_b.jpg

33367186285_13516ffb1d_b.jpg

Edited by Lox Lego

nice and simple mechanism, i have not always put a opening hood on my cars but i need to do it more

36 minutes ago, Lox Lego said:

Thanks man! I guess not many people would be able to build my cars. They have such a huge part count. 

Below is the mechanism I used to open hood. 

Lykan - Tear down photos part 2 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Seats

Lykan Hypersport- seats by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Lykan - Tear down part 1 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

i only have 2 9394 jets, the 42000 f1, and a 42039 

can you make a parts list, and can you see if a ir reciever will fit

aventador

p.s. will the instructions be free

Edited by Aventador2004

On 3/12/2017 at 2:44 PM, Aventador2004 said:

can you make a parts list, and can you see if a ir reciever will fit

aventador

check out my new creation at 

p.s. will the instructions be free

Hi Aventador, yes the instructions will be free. Regarding the parts list, its the process I dread the most. Does anyone here have tips on how to categorize roughly 2.7 thousand Lego pieces efficiently? :wacko:

I will have the photo sequence ready very soon, below are some exposed photos of the gear box for the tear down part 3. I am already 900 photos in at this point... :sadnew:

33389078396_50544eb104_b.jpg

Front suspension:

33046475320_bba019082c_b.jpg

Edited by Lox Lego

22 minutes ago, Lox Lego said:

Hi Aventador, yes the instructions will be free. Regarding the parts list, its the process I dread the most. Does anyone here have tips on how to categorize roughly 2.7 thousand Lego pieces efficiently? 

Check out the way Madoca's does it.  I have always found his parts lists pretty easy to follow.

8 hours ago, Blakbird said:

Check out the way Madoca's does it.  I have always found his parts lists pretty easy to follow.

Thanks blackbird, I will try and follow that style. I guess I was wondering if there was a faster way than placing each piece into its own pile on a big table to identify how many pieces I have of each type. Also, I would like to create a rebrickable page for this car, but do not know how to add the part count thru bricklink. [the final step of adding MOC's to the website] Would it be easier to create a digital list of parts instead of photos? 

I would like to avoid this style of sorting below... :classic:

29565934664_4cc926e65a_b.jpgIMG_9971 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Edited by Lox Lego

1 hour ago, Lox Lego said:

Thanks blackbird, I will try and follow that style. I guess I was wondering if there was a faster way than placing each piece into its own pile on a big table to identify how many pieces I have of each type. Also, I would like to create a rebrickable page for this car, but do not know how to add the part count thru bricklink. [the final step of adding MOC's to the website] Would it be easier to create a digital list of parts instead of photos? 

I would like to avoid this style of sorting below... :classic:

Unless you build digitally; you will need to count out all the pieces unfortunately. 

We can certainly help you with rebrickable and bricklink issues.  Adding the quantity is very easy.  See picture below.  You make a wishlist, add the parts one by one into it.

800x426.jpg

640x423.jpg

You can also import parts into a parts list or custom parts list directly into rebrickable without using bricklink.  You just make a custom list (in my example it is called Palace), you search the part, choose the quantity circled in red, choose the parts or custom list and hit add.

800x593.jpg

I am not sure which method is faster, as I have never had to do this.  I think bricklink would be easier to find the parts.

Hope this helps!

I would just use Brickstock.  No way out of counting everything though. 

The instructions are finally ready. 950+ photos later...

You can see the photo tear down in the link below: 

Instructions: https://goo.gl/photos/P33sQgfvZJNUF45M6 

The infamous rear suspension designed by my bro. So simple, so good!

33292143802_dc7ab63f17_b.jpgLykan - multi-link, horizontal coil over rear suspension by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Edited by Lox Lego

Though I don't have the parts I always like to look through instructions or pictures just to learn new techniques

Aventador

On 3/14/2017 at 10:03 AM, technic_addict said:

Unless you build digitally; you will need to count out all the pieces unfortunately. 

We can certainly help you with rebrickable and bricklink issues.  Adding the quantity is very easy.  See picture below.  You make a wishlist, add the parts one by one into it.

You can also import parts into a parts list or custom parts list directly into rebrickable without using bricklink.  You just make a custom list (in my example it is called Palace), you search the part, choose the quantity circled in red, choose the parts or custom list and hit add.

I am not sure which method is faster, as I have never had to do this.  I think bricklink would be easier to find the parts.

Hope this helps!

On 3/14/2017 at 3:26 PM, Blakbird said:

I would just use Brickstock.  No way out of counting everything though. 

So today I learnt the hard way. Never try and complete a 2.7 thousand parts list in 1 day. 
I started at 10am this morning and it is now 10:20pm. Thats 12 straight hours of sorting.

I did find a fairly good system for efficiency, I put the parts in different piles when I was tearing down.
Non the less, I am spent. You can see all 8 pages of parts list with the photo instructions here: https://goo.gl/photos/P33sQgfvZJNUF45M6 

33137062590_00b507af0b_b.jpgLykan parts list 3 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Edited by Lox Lego

There is a mistakes part added on one page a red 13 by 3 panel is shown but not added

It is in the building of the front suspension

Also the front is not shown how to build it

1 hour ago, Aventador2004 said:

There is a mistakes part added on one page a red 13 by 3 panel is shown but not added

It is in the building of the front suspension

Also the front is not shown how to build it

Hi Aventador,

I use the 3x11 panel to show how long the flex axles are. 

Regarding the front hood, it seems the photos were not uploaded. 

Thanks for letting me know, I have added the front and back photo of the hood now in the instructions.

Edited by Lox Lego

Ok I did not understand at first, they are showing the 11l flex axles

Edited by Aventador2004

6 hours ago, Thorsten50 said:

Have played around again.
There was a car coming out of it.

Very cool Thorsten! Many people have requested a parts list, they will be happy to know Professional instructions are on the way. Thank you :thumbup:

Nice mechanisms!

But the design of the headlights and its surrounding doesn't seem to perfectly match the original car, it doesnt feel much like the original car. Anyway, Thanks for sharing such a nice moc!

As far as am already.  I think that we this time significantly exceed the 200 page mark. 

Hyper_page_140.png

362 Potos possessions I have in front of me.

Edited by Thorsten50

just finished your car with your photo library and it went well!! Sure are a lot of parts in this but everything fit well and looks fantastic!! I could not capture a lipo battery so the passenger seat had to go. All I needed was the hexagonal plates Thanks a lot. BTW there is a lot of steps in this build but some can be consolidated with pro plans like the one's Thorsten50 is making.

Edited by AFOLegofan66

1 hour ago, Thorsten50 said:

As far as am already.  I think that we this time significantly exceed the 200 page mark. 

362 Potos possessions I have in front of me.

Great progress once again Thorsten. I'm am surprised to see you are building instructions, this is again a difficult and large build. 

10 minutes ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

just finished your car with your photo library and it went well!! Sure are a lot of parts in this but everything fit well and looks fantastic!! I could not capture a lipo battery so the passenger seat had to go. All I needed was the hexagonal plates Thanks a lot. BTW there is a lot of steps in this build but some can be consolidated with pro plans like the one's Thorsten50 is making.

You are probably the first person to finish this model!! I'm more impressed that you collected all the parts for this build so fast. Thanks for the feedback. I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I did!

32 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

@Lox Lego and @DugaldIC may I use a version of this gearbox in my car? I will mod for different ratios but I wanted a gearbox idea.

You're more than welcome to, however I'd opt on keeping the same gear ratios and changing the housing to suit what you need! The gearing is the same as the set 8880. Do you plan on making a sequential or a regular manual gearbox?