I am one of the few that cannot stand the art of liftarms and pin connectors over flex axles. I say art, because to me this isn't really building and is instead a form of "sculpting". This style reminds me of aluminum pie pans and macaroni necklaces.

But overall the car does look very nice.

Edited by Meatman

Looking good as always bro!  I'm glad I was able to help you out when needed.  Definitely your best,  most complicated moc yet!!  

I like it very much. Even the wheelarches do stand out a bit to much, I think it somehow adds to the aggressive character. I also don't mind that the bodywork panelink is lnow particularly smooth and has a diverse part selection - in the end I think it blends together nicely. Cool lights, cool doors (could be less like a catapult blast though :D ), great overall look. Very well done!

On 2/18/2017 at 11:49 AM, Meatman said:

I am one of the few that cannot stand the art of liftarms and pin connectors over flex axles. I say art, because to me this isn't really building and is instead a form of "sculpting". This style reminds me of aluminum pie pans and macaroni necklaces.

But overall the car does look very nice.

A form of sculpting and art.... that's the best compliment ever!  

On 2/18/2017 at 1:19 PM, Horace T said:

I can only applaud you and hope to match your mocs one day!

H

Thanks Horace. 

On 2/18/2017 at 7:45 PM, krisandkris12 said:

I like it very much. Even the wheelarches do stand out a bit to much, I think it somehow adds to the aggressive character. I also don't mind that the bodywork panelink is lnow particularly smooth and has a diverse part selection - in the end I think it blends together nicely. Cool lights, cool doors (could be less like a catapult blast though :D ), great overall look. Very well done!

I too was a fan of the lights. I figured as I was modelling  the Lykan Hypersport, the lights would have to stand out. Yes, the doors could be deadly, but that's the price millionaires must pay to take a ride in my car! Lol :laugh:

Someone mentioned the front bumper would look awesome in black. I tried that out and must say, I might like this look a bit better...

32858639872_3a5c2cc762_b.jpgLykan Hypersport - Black grill by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

32972601406_762fe8e6fa_b.jpgLykan Hypersport - Black grill by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

32858639932_58361b064e_b.jpgLykan Hypersport - Black grill by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Edited by Lox Lego

On 2/20/2017 at 10:22 AM, letsbuild said:

Yes! Make it black! Looks more, hm, badass.

I feel the color combo chosen below looks a bit more like the real car. I need your help to pick which grill is best. Black grill, red grill, black in the middle, or the original red? 

32228307963_2f5bdf84e5_b.jpgLykan Hypersport - new front grill by lachlan cameron, on Flickr
32228308273_5719f4a519_b.jpgLykan Hypersport - new front grill by lachlan cameron, on Flickr
32197992684_b802eba411_b.jpgLykan Hypersport - new front grill by lachlan cameron, on Flickr
32916975101_71de50bf82_b.jpgLykan Hypersport - new front grill by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

On 2017-02-23 at 8:45 PM, Thorsten50 said:

Another one which is great

Thanks Thorsten! 

W motors has recognized this car and posted on their Facebook and Twitter.
I think this is great exposure for Technic Lego!   https://www.facebook.com/wmotors/ 
32342577144_0b59312662_b.jpgW motors posted my video on their main Facebook page! Spread the love of Technic ? by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Here is the facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/wmotors/ 

Edited by Lox Lego

2 hours ago, Lox Lego said:

W motors has recognized this car and posted on their Facebook and Twitter.

Well deserved recognition!  Congratulations! 

Congrats! I envy you and I'm feeling the temptation to build for a smaller car company at some time :wink:...

Way to represent!!  I agree.....exposure is really nice.  Sure helps my wife think that perhaps my hobby is not all that nerdy

On 2017-03-01 at 0:24 PM, brunojj1 said:

Congrats! I envy you and I'm feeling the temptation to build for a smaller car company at some time :wink:...

Lol I never thought of Lykan as a smaller company, but your right if it is compared to Ferrari, Porsche or Lamborghini. 

On 2017-03-01 at 0:27 PM, nerdsforprez said:

Way to represent!!  I agree.....exposure is really nice.  Sure helps my wife think that perhaps my hobby is not all that nerdy

I have the same difficulty in showing the wifey that this hobby isn't nerdy ?, but actually is a well recognized design platform for creative minds! 

On 3/1/2017 at 6:27 PM, nerdsforprez said:

On 3/3/2017 at 0:59 PM, Lox Lego said:

I have the same difficulty in showing the wifey that this hobby isn't nerdy ?, but actually is a well recognized design platform for creative minds! 

This is pretty recognizable. My wife always explains about Eurobricks with: "they even share pictures of their desks and storage boxes" :laugh:, but when I tell her my latest WIP topic has 37k views in 3 months (of which I claim about 10K :wink:) she falls off her chair :classic:.

Edited by Didumos69

Very recognizable. Although I have to admit I also had to convince myself before stepping into this nerdy hobby again after roughly 30 years... :grin:

(boys will be boys, especially if they have a technical background, I guess... :wink:)

On 2017-03-03 at 2:40 PM, Didumos69 said:

This is pretty recognizable. My wife always explains about Eurobricks with: "they even share pictures of their desks and storage boxes" :laugh:, but when I tell her my latest WIP topic has 37k views in 3 months (of which I claim about 10K :wink:) she falls off her chair :classic:.

Yes, the pictures of desks and storage is one thing my wife picked up on too. Funny what others think of it!

I'll be starting the tear down this weekend... I've prepared my desk and am ready to begin. 

Some last photos before shes gone... I'm gonna miss her!

33350798085_66f9226689_b.jpgTime to tear down the Lykan... by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

32968168510_22f276c310_b.jpgTime to tear down the Lykan... by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

33350799945_58e4a9487d_b.jpgTime to tear down the Lykan... by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

33195603792_3778d9a17a_b.jpgTime to tear down the Lykan... by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Edited by Lox Lego

Very cool design, I really love how you "closed" the body work. It's hard to achieve this with the Technic panels but you did a great job.

Cool that's shared this build...well deserved!

I got some tear down photos from today. Made some good progress.

33326267786_101b3183d5_b.jpgLykan - Tear down Photos - part 1 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

33367186035_a33461a0e6_b.jpgLykan - Tear down part 1 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

33326633026_7ce0fb4b05_b.jpgLykan - Tear down part 1 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

33366812785_0d4cbf5186_b.jpgLykan - Tear down Photos - part 1 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

32984126390_e7f9e63218_b.jpgLykan - Tear down Photos - part 1 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Edited by Lox Lego

Very nice car, if I had the parts I would absolutely build it

Aventador

Edited by Aventador2004