Hello all!

As promised in some of my status updates, here is my WIP Arkham Asylum MOC!!

(Read the italics in a Batman voice :wink:)

Welcome to Arkham Asylum.

Arkham%20Asylum%20Shot%201_zpsbykwg4dh.p

Walk through the large wooden doors.

(The clips holding the rails are skeleton legs. There is a security camera above.

Arkham%20Asylum%20Shot%202_zps3sgzevgc.png?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

But first, take a look at the balcony above.

(The grey tile should say "Arkham Asylum", but there's no such print :sad:)

Arkham%20Asylum%20Shot%203_zpskqd03tmr.p

Let me show you an aerial view of this place.

Arkham%20Asylum%20Shot%204_zpslrer8o0d.p

This is what the inside of Arkham Asylum looks like.

Arkham%20Asylum%20Shot%205_zpsnulbjmic.p

But before you walk in, you have to walk through the X-ray.

Arkham%20Asylum%20Shot%207_zps67dcluic.p

All set. Now see that guy up there, on the second floor? That's Aaron Cash.

Arkham%20Asylum%20Shot%206_zpsdxswgm0z.p

Here are the two cells which hold the Riddler and Scarecrow.

Arkham%20Asylum%20Shot%208_zpspwuoboq7.p

Here's a closer look at the Riddler's cell:

Arkham%20Asylum%20Shot%209_zpsocvm9dtm.p

And a closer look at Scarecrow's:

Arkham%20Asylum%20Shot%2010_zpshvrqcada.

The other side has two more cells. They hold Two-Face and Catwoman.

Arkham%20Asylum%20Shot%2011_zpscllivueh.

Here's a closer look at Two-Face's cell:

Arkham%20Asylum%20Shot%2012_zpslpfazfs6.

And a closer look at Catwoman's:

Arkham%20Asylum%20Shot%2013_zpsuukjxuku.

And here's the eating area. You can catch a bite later if you want, except that the builder of this MOC hasn't built the kitchen yet.

Arkham%20Asylum%20Shot%2014_zpsnn3fcult.

So that's my Arkham Asylum WIP MOC! I hope you like it!

Arkham%20Asylum%20Shot%201_zpsbykwg4dh.p

I do have one request. I don't know what to put in this section. I'm currently considering some crates. Any ideas would be most welcome! :sweet:

C&C welcome too!

Arkham%20Asylum%20Shot%2015_zpsq6fouly5.

See you next time!

VaderFan2187 out!

micdrop.gif?l.r2=1530715771

Edited by VaderFan2187
Fixed broken image

Just now, LEGORACER1 said:

I really like it.

Thanks! Work on it has stalled recently but I will post updated pictures soon. I built side walls, more cells, and the kitchen. 

Hello, @VaderFan2187!

I do like your design so far, especially the front doors they look great! The riddler's cell floor looks neat too, and so does the balcony on the interior! :thumbup:

Hope this doesn't sound discouraging, please read! :laugh: 

Now, to begin with, I know this is not finished, but there is a lot of wasted space. Particularly the eating area, I do not think it is necessary to have such a big eating area, I would suggest removing this! Since you want to build more, I would suggest adding another side to the model so it is a right angle. This would allow you to add a kitchen, CCTV room, enlarge the cells, etc.... The interior walls are a bit plain too, mix up the bricks like you have done fantastically on the exterior! Make the model two stories high as well, I know technically it is with the tower, but I mean the main piece, I am sure you understand. Also, at the moment I think that the roof is out of place, it is not your fault it's just that the slopes leave a horrible ridge in between each other. 

May I suggest making it like this, it would look great with the two story high model: https://gyazo.com/1f102e7cae6600d9d6aaadf31006d295

Also, could I ask what you are using for reference material?

Kind regards, Ellis.

3 hours ago, Ellisss_2 said:

Now, to begin with, I know this is not finished, but there is a lot of wasted space. Particularly the eating area, I do not think it is necessary to have such a big eating area, I would suggest removing this! Since you want to build more, I would suggest adding another side to the model so it is a right angle. This would allow you to add a kitchen, CCTV room, enlarge the cells, etc.... The interior walls are a bit plain too, mix up the bricks like you have done fantastically on the exterior! Make the model two stories high as well, I know technically it is with the tower, but I mean the main piece, I am sure you understand. Also, at the moment I think that the roof is out of place, it is not your fault it's just that the slopes leave a horrible ridge in between each other. 

Thank you for your honest feedback Ellis. I'll cut down the eating area, and will probably add some of the brown log bricks to the interior walls as well. However I'm honestly not a fan of complete 2 storey buildings, as hiding the second storey to access the lower level is a little annoying in LDD :laugh: However, I do plan to add more rooms which connect to the corridor. My plan was to make the bottom area the "prisoner's area", while the second floor would be the "guards' area", with the labs, computer rooms, etc. I don't quite understand what you mean by the roof, but I have added quite a bit to the exterior and will hopefully post an update soon!

3 hours ago, Ellisss_2 said:

Also, could I ask what you are using for reference material?

Well, I'm actually just kind of going with the flow. I originally started out as something similar to the TLBM Arkham set, but then just decided to build some of my own things inside :laugh:

Again, thanks for your feedback!

VaderFan2187

Hello, @VaderFan2187!

Going with the flow is what I like to see, I thought it looked original, that's why I asked!

I'm glad you are taking in the advice with the eating area. 

With regards to the roof if you send me the LDD, I will show you exactly what I mean!

Kind regards, Ellis.

I love the cells, I've always wanted some proper cells with beds in, city do it so why can't Batman.:grin: