JamesJT

[MOC] Crawling Zombie (and a rowing boat)

I had a day at home last week and before I knew what was happening I had built a rowing boat and a skull...

32080804723_af4a00b2df_z.jpgLego Technic Skull by James Tillson, on Flickr

I put the skull in the rowing boat and it reminded me of a crawling zombie. Version 1 was too "meaty" (its amazing how much new red technic looks like wet blood).

32080826793_a63c70e8d3_z.jpgLego Technic Zombie 04 by James Tillson, on Flickr

I put a T-shirt on the final version. He reaches out, pulls himself forward, bites and looks way creepier in the "flesh" than I can show in a youtube clip.

16 minutes ago, JamesJT said:

I had a day at home last week and before I knew what was happening I had built a rowing boat and a........

Can there be a better introduction?   :wub:

I love these builds... not just because they are entirely unique, but the functions are actually pretty marvelous.   The rowboat and crawling zombie are so smooth.  Id hold on to perhaps the zombie..... if we ever have like a halloween competition perhaps you could expound upon it..... I am sure if would be a winner....

1 hour ago, Victor Imaginator said:

...looks so alive.

You mean undead!

45 minutes ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

...a little less red...

I was thinking of Frank from the movie Hellraiser and I wanted it to be as gory as possible without making people sick. A grey version with red LED eyes could make a good T-800.

32 minutes ago, BusterHaus said:

I'm surprised it doesn't veer to one side.

The arm doesn't pull, there is a ratchet hidden inside that only engages drive while the arm is moving backwards (like most of my builds, its a trick).

Just another LEGO Technic Superzombie... WAIT.... WHAAAT????!!! *huh*

Phenomenal! The original idea, the movement, the weirdness... and same for the rowboat... I am seriously amazed. :thumbup::thumbup::wub:

(Hint: You could find some great use of old Bionicle parts, there is a lot of weird stuff.)

Edited by agrof

:grin: I've got no words. Funniest masterpiece of engineering I've ever seen. "James for president!" :sweet:

Got to be honest, the zombie had me reaching for my shotgun, it's that creepy. But, it's cool, and the stiff motion works.

I really liked the boat mechanism, would be cool to see that as a completed model. Either way, the zombie is very organic and natural, well done :)

This is awesome and, yeah, very creepy too. An original Idea like this is seldom to be found.

I had a day at home last week and before I knew what was happening...

I wonder how many good things are coming out of situations like this... and how many bad things, too :laugh: