I don't have the friction problem, please make sure all your 10L axles are straight and all blocks are fully pressed upon axles. All Lego blocks should have some space between them. Try turning the blocks on quarter around, also LEGO has tolerances, may be somewhat slightly bigger blocks are used. Especially on the 1x2 blocks where 2x2 are not available in that color.
If you can't solve it small amounts of silicon oil or PTFE may help but should not be needed.

What may show as friction may not be friction, if the offset between two pistons is two teeth instead of one the 1x2 liftarms of the 'crank' touch each other.

I don't recognize the 24 teeth wheels coming off and even pushing the bushes off. As said, mine has run for 7 days without problems. This typically happens on larger forces, may be it is solved when you solve the friction between the blocks.

Edited by Berthil

Meanwhile El Hormiguero 3.0 has put the clip with me, Eva Longoria and de GBC machines with Rainbow Wave on Youtube instead of only on their buggy website. I copied it without commercial, don't know how long ik will be available because I had to put a claim in:

Edited by Berthil

9 hours ago, 9v system said:

@Berthil I see that in the clip a man trips on the table with your modules on it *oh2*

Yes, it was a live broadcast so could have been a quick show or to be more precise, a no-show for me :)
Luckily only the Invisible lift was moved but because I attached the ramp to the Rainbow Wave the chain was still intact.

8 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Congrats Berthil! Hope you enjoyed the spotlight.

Thanks! I did but want to learn Spanish for next time :)

Edited by Berthil

Small update on the Rainbow Wave. It has ran a total of 120h on events without big problems. The original XL motor still functions. But I noticed more balls stopping on the wave when everything is not 100%. The speed of the wave decreases because of crooked tables, pollution or slightly out of sync gears.

To keep full wave speed and less stress on the XL motor, I added 4 extra power drive repeaters. This time I used part 48496 (instead of 87408) making the drive more solid and less complicated.

Below the 'open heart' surgery and result. I've put the Rainbow Wave on the side and could keep the string of 8t gears in it's place thus preserving the wave. By replacing the bottom five 16L Technic beams on the drive side with one 12L, three 16L, one 8L and one 12L (in that order) the rest of the wave stayed intact while performing the surgery. Drive axles can also stay the same, the 4 extra drive points are hooked on the 10L axles already present.

Just let me know if you have the Rainbow Wave and also want to make this change and have questions.

45670319722_28da85bfb1_c.jpg

45670310732_e32c80e049_c.jpg

45720926071_b0153c4c31_c.jpg

Edited by Berthil
typos

Hello

we have the same problems of speed of the wave and desynchronization.
It's complicated when you have to resynchronize everything.

We will try to set up the 4 power repeater.
Would there be a new plan with this change?

For a new plan I would have to ask @Courbet, or could you please send me your original file Laurent, so I can make the adjustments?

3 hours ago, Berthil said:

For a new plan I would have to ask @Courbet, or could you please send me your original file Laurent, so I can make the adjustments?

have you also tried my mod of removing the bottom row of plates and using liftarms instead?

On 3/9/2019 at 2:20 AM, 9v system said:

have you also tried my mod of removing the bottom row of plates and using liftarms instead?

I haven't but have seen it in your Beyond the Brick video :thumbup:

Meanwhile I've uploaded version 2 of the building instruction to Rebrickable and of course again a free building instruction.
https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-7456/Berthil/rainbow-wave-gbc-v2/
@Courbet thanks for the update of the digital file en sending it to me again!

Edited by Berthil

I found the changes introduced very interesting. Thanks to Berthil and Courbet.

I'm sure I'll do it again.

4 hours ago, FernandoQ said:

I found the changes introduced very interesting. Thanks to Berthil and Courbet.

I'm sure I'll do it again.

do you still have your one?

I think this will be my next project. Due to the kind of mechanism, I fear the repetitive build a bit. But the result is so beautyful. 

And considering the new modification, I hope there will be no friction issues. 

Now I have made the improved version of rainbow-wave and it works better, but I can not stand five hundred balls without getting stuck.

The improvements introduced help smooth and constant operation.

Edited by FernandoQ
Add video

8 hours ago, FernandoQ said:

Now I have made the improved version of rainbow-wave and it works better, but I can not stand five hundred balls without getting stuck.

The improvements introduced help smooth and constant operation.

Good! Do you run it at maximum speed on the train power supply? Run it a t full speed and balls run better over it.

@Berthil My son and I have been GBC fans for a while but didn't start building any models until we discovered Akiyuki's designs and were blown away. However, I have been amazed at your designs as well and was wondering if you have instructions available for any models other than the Rainbow Wave. (PS- Already built your rechargeable version of Akiyuki's train). 

Edited by Nudipics

@Nudipics I didn't make other Building Instructions but others have like Courbet for the Rainbow Wave. Soon one is coming for the Ball Shooter Marble Run made by SWL. If ready we will post in the respective topic:

9V Systems also has made the double bucket wheel and is/was working on the marble run.

14 hours ago, Berthil said:

Good! Do you run it at maximum speed on the train power supply? Run it a t full speed and balls run better over it.

Thanks Berthil, I put the rainbow-wave at the maximum speed of the 9v regulator. Then it works at a theoretical 70 balls

per minute and works well. In half an hour only one stop  to 55 real balls for 30 minutes, about 1650 balls. Very well.

I also use a 9v regulator only for the rainbow-wave.

Built the first version and I had problems keeping things in snyc. Heard about the update, so I'm rebuilding it. 

Would find it helpful if length of axles was listed in the various steps in the instructions. Got to step 69 and not sure of the axle length. Are they 6L?

Also, is there a particular reason you used 48496's instead of the 87408's in the original version or are they interchangeable?

Unfortunately Stud.io doesn't give the option to show the axle length in the BI. Step 69 has 6L axles.

The 48496 is the most compact and adds optimal rigidity in this spot with the pins. To attach 87408 I had leave out some bricks in version 1 to fit. They are not interchangeable, best use 48496.

Good luck with your build. Just the other week I had the Rainbow Wave running for two days at an event and not one ball stopped on or dropped from the Wave.

Finished mine today.

Runs fine for about an hour without a ball stopping on the wave.

Important is the timing between the ball dropping from to conveyor on the wave.

@dunes excellent work! Indeed timing is important. From what I can see you could try to set yours one 24t tooth later.
It should drop late enough so it rolls doen the wave but early enough to not bump into a brick that's already up in the second wave.

Edited by Berthil