Norton74

[MOC] UFO | S.H.A.D.O. mobile evo

Hello,

today I show you my latest build, the S.H.A.D.O. mobile "evo" from 70's British TV series UFOThe show's basic premise is that in 1980 Earth is being visited and attacked by aliens from a dying planet and humans are being covertly harvested for their organs by the aliens. The show's main cast of characters are members of a secret, high-technology international agency called SHADO (an acronym for Supreme Headquarters Alien Defence Organisation) established to defend Earth and humanity against the mysterious aliens.
SHADO has a variety of high-tech hardware and vehicles at its disposal to implement a layered defence of Earth. Among these the ground units including the APC SHADO Mobile, fitted with caterpillar tracks, in the pic below the evo-lution version bruick-built.
My LEGO SHADO mobile features extras: 
- a bubble canopy; 
- a front hook;
- a radar antenna with auxiliar light;
- a back entrance and other accessories.
The crew is composed by three: commander, driver and radio operator (all of them well equipped).

32710365476_927fd0ec27_z.jpg

32627600751_422bdee926_z.jpg

I recreated a detailed interior with many features, included on board computers and many weapons useful to prevent potential aliens' attacks.

31908236894_8f04d8e999_z.jpg

Here the gallery on flickr.
Thanks for stopping by.

Edited by Norton74

Love it!  I never saw the show you are basing the design on.  The interior cool, and I like the details like the hatches on the sides and above the drivers canopies.  

Did you consider that the bubble canopy would be a good spot for a gun turret (maybe as a variant of the prototype you are trying to model)

Very nice reproduction! I saw the show when it first came out and then didn't see it again for many years. Now I have this series on DVD and watch it occasionally, it is still a good campy SciFi show.

Are you going to try any of the other vehicles, like the Interceptors or maybe one of the U.F.O.'s?

Andy D

On 15/2/2017 at 4:12 PM, Professor Thaum said:

I like the front shaping all in old parts. It looks very space classic.

The color scheme reminds to Classic space indeed. Glad you like it :classic:

On 15/2/2017 at 4:12 PM, drclark said:

Love it!  I never saw the show you are basing the design on.  The interior cool, and I like the details like the hatches on the sides and above the drivers canopies.  

Did you consider that the bubble canopy would be a good spot for a gun turret (maybe as a variant of the prototype you are trying to model)

Thanks drclark. I agree, the buble canopy could be a good spot for a gun turret.

23 hours ago, Andy D said:

Very nice reproduction! I saw the show when it first came out and then didn't see it again for many years. Now I have this series on DVD and watch it occasionally, it is still a good campy SciFi show.

Are you going to try any of the other vehicles, like the Interceptors or maybe one of the U.F.O.'s?

Andy D

Thanks Andy, at the moment I'm working on another project but I'd like in a future to build other UFO's vehicle/spaceship. Thanks for stopping by!